Suite - Sparkling Wine

cruiser01

This depends on the ship and hotel director. I saw a guy in an owner suite get turned down on Epic to switch his sparking wine for ANY other bottle of wine. The butler said no, the bar manager of the Epic Club said no but he kept fighting all the way to the hotel director and they finally agreed to switch.

However, I have read on other ships this is not a problem.

This depends on the ship and hotel director. I saw a guy in an owner suite get turned down on Epic to switch his sparking wine for ANY other bottle of wine. The butler said no, the bar manager of the Epic Club said no but he kept fighting all the way to the hotel director and they finally agreed to switch.

However, I have read on other ships this is not a problem.

Wow! And in an OS you actually get champagne, not sparkling wine! It just goes to show, you never know!

I know one of the suite perks is a bottle of sparkling wine. Can I ask this the be replaced for a regular bottle of white wine?

We were just on the Dawn and it was no problem to switch the sparkling wine to the house white. Twice it was Santa Catalina (which is worse than Tisdale - hard to believe :eek: ).

• 3 years later...

I DO want champagne, that's what I'm confirming. If I preorder this "House Sparkling Wine" do you think I'm going to end up with an asti or super sweet wine? Or am I going to likely get a brut or prosecco bottle of bubbles?

I can wait and do it on the ship but it's much easier to do before. The cheaper champagne WILL sell out by the bottle on this cruise guaranteed.

We do not drink sparkling wine. We have made requests to the pre-concierge, concierge and butler for the last few years to have the sparkling wine/champagne replaced with a regular wine and each time we were told those exchanges are no longer being made. Prior to the last few years we were able to get the exchange made. Possibly they would substitute a non-alcoholic beverage.

I've asked the pre-cruise concierge twice to do exactly this - our preference is a Riesling.

In 2014 on the PoA, the switch was made. Two weeks ago on the Breakaway it was not. I think none of our pre-cruise requests made it to the butler as we had to ask our other requests of him. I didn't bother to ask him to switch the wine since it was already in our cabin. We just gifted to the steward as part of her tip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I DO want champagne, that's what I'm confirming. If I preorder this "House Sparkling Wine" do you think I'm going to end up with an asti or super sweet wine? Or am I going to likely get a brut or prosecco bottle of bubbles?

I can wait and do it on the ship but it's much easier to do before. The cheaper champagne WILL sell out by the bottle on this cruise guaranteed.

Are you talking about the free sparkling wine you get in your suite? Only owner suites and Garden Villas get Champagne. (I have seen in this forum that even the owner suites sometimes get a cheap sparkling wine which I should never accept.)

Ive always been giving a brut..

On the Gem last month we asked the butler to switch our two bottles of sparkling wine (one for suite, one for platinum) to wine- the house red is a little better than that Tisdale Chardonnay- that stuff really is terrible. He made the switch no problem. This was on the Gem.

Are you talking about the free sparkling wine you get in your suite? Only owner suites and Garden Villas get Champagne. (I have seen in this forum that even the owner suites sometimes get a cheap sparkling wine which I should never accept.)

There were some reports mid-year for the rooms that are supposed to get the Champagne they were getting sparkling wine. Not any feedback recently but we did get Moet a couple weeks back on Gem so all was good.

There were some reports mid-year for the rooms that are supposed to get the Champagne they were getting sparkling wine. Not any feedback recently but we did get Moet a couple weeks back on Gem so all was good.

Im glad to here that. If we ever cruise in any of the suites which should get Champagne I will bring proof to what they say is included, Champagne, just in case they try to give me something else!!!