MD to Bahamas in March

winston71

Hi guys- I am looking at a Spring Break cruise in Mid March. We would leave from Baltimore, MD.

I am wondering if it will be cold for the 1st 2 days of the cruise until we get closer to FL. I am worried that if we do a 7 day cruise we will have a lot of cold weather until we reach warm waters. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance!:)

Hi guys- I am looking at a Spring Break cruise in Mid March. We would leave from Baltimore, MD.

I am wondering if it will be cold for the 1st 2 days of the cruise until we get closer to FL. I am worried that if we do a 7 day cruise we will have a lot of cold weather until we reach warm waters. Can anyone help?

I'm also wondering that too as we are leaving from Baltimore in January. Should be an interesting trip to pack for coming from California to cold weather than to Bahamas weather.

yeah the first day or so and the last sea day will be nippy. the pool deck will be nice and empty.

are you going on GR? (not sure when Pride leaves Baltimore next year) if so and there are kids the Solarium will allow kids into the pool during a few blocks of time when the temps are lousy( also in case of inclement weather)

• 1 month later...

and November.

I am not talking to anyone here whatsoever, but I am always surprised at how many people on roll calls ask about the chilliness, etc.

I would not recommend leaving Baltimore in November or April sometimes, because it does take a couple days at least for warmer weather. No doubt about it...

only good time to leave from here would be when weather is warmer, but we won't travel in the summertime due to the crowds, etc.

It's convenient and it beats flying for sure, but Florida is the best place to go if you want warm right away or wait until the summertime from Maryland

Nina from Baltimore

Somehow I'm not too worried about leaving from Baltimore in March. We live outside of Philadelphia so we are familiar with how the weather is around that time of year.

In my mind, a cooler day looking out on the ocean is better than a day in the office :)

Left out of Baltimore last March (18th). 1st day cold and windy as expected. 2nd day cool and windy. When we got to Fla it was overcast but warmish. If the sun would have been out it would have been perfect weather. :D Last day was cool again and when we woke up as we were pulling back into MD there was snow on our balcony and the pool deck was was a winter wonderland. Very cool!

I would cruise out of MD/NY/NJ in the winter anytime......beats paying airfare and having restrictions on luggage. I just wish they'd add more destinations.

Somehow I'm not too worried about leaving from Baltimore in March. We live outside of Philadelphia so we are familiar with how the weather is around that time of year.

In my mind, a cooler day looking out on the ocean is better than a day in the office :)

Yes. If you can drive to Baltimore, it beats flying. You can start your vacation much sooner. And, it may be chilly for a while, but when you fly, you can sometimes lose an entire day in the airport. I would rather lose it on board then ship :).