Orient Pandaw

windsor26

If you search for 'pandaw' in the 'River Cruising' section - NOT the 'River Cruise Ports - Asia' section you will find many threads about the Pandaw line.

Thank you I knew someone would help:D

Yes, the Orient Pandaw is real. I was on her in 2011 on the Rajang River in Malaysian Borneo and saw her again in August this year on the Irrawaddy in Myanamar - we were on the Pandaw 11. I beleive she is being leased through cruisco? for this season in Myanmar. Happy to answer any questions you may have.:)

Yes, the Orient Pandaw is real. I was on her in 2011 on the Rajang River in Malaysian Borneo and saw her again in August this year on the Irrawaddy in Myanamar - we were on the Pandaw 11. I beleive she is being leased through cruisco? for this season in Myanmar. Happy to answer any questions you may have.:)

Thank you good to know I will still be thinking about it for a while :)

• 1 month later...

We are beginning to consider a similar trip..have looked into Grand Circle and Viking. Trying to make sure we are comparing apples to apples.....seems even more difficult than picking our Budapest to Amsterdam cruise next September. Any helpful hints?

It is probably best to first work out where you want to go (sounds obvious) - Most companies (and there are more and more opening up in Myanmar) do the Pyar (Prome), Bagan(pagan), Mandalay trip. stopping at the similar/same places. If you want to deviate from this be aware you need a boat with a shallow draft - the river can be very wide 2-3 kms but very very shallow. The Road to Mandalay is an ex European River boat where as the Pandaw boats are designed on the old Irrawaddy Flotilla boats. Pandaw also offer the Chidwin river and Irrawaddy from Rangoon to Mandalay in the monsoon season (more water). Some companies are all inclusive as well (local beer/spirits/softdrinks all day, wine with dinner).

Myanmar is wonderfully untouched at present - this will change in the future.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Pat,

Happy New Year to you, too! When you return from your Burma river cruise email me. I think you have my email address. My DH is on Tauck's Antarctica tour right now and will return on Saturday. Not bad for an 81 year old!

Happy traveling,

Sheila

Sheila,

We went to the travel doc at Wright Patterson AFB last week. Just had to let you know they are promoting using pepto tablets before meals while we are in SE Asia. I will be taking them. Can't convince DH to do it also. Also our typhoid booster was in capsule form--one every other day for 4 doses. This gives a 5 year boost. Science continues to amaze me. Will definitely email you--it will be the end of March when we get back. Your husband is having a wonderful adventure--now he joins us as a member of the seven continent club. Take care. Pat