Riviera questions??

alexandra cruiser

Does the ship have magnifying mirror in bathroom(concierge class)>?Just off Regatta and it was in poor position near desk.Hard to use.

Love the library on Regatta,does Riveriera have similar?Can t seem to find picture of that one.

Booked for Southern Caribbean Holiday cruise 2014,anyone been on this or similar?Looked for reviews under Member section.

IMO, the library on the O ships is a bit of a disaster.

Lovely place to walk by, terrible place to try to find anything - like a book or peace and quiet. Very difficult to navigate between the oversized chairs - the place is best avoided (except for sleeping, which is what most people seem to do there :)).

IMO, the library on the O ships is a bit of a disaster.

Lovely place to walk by, terrible place to try to find anything - like a book or peace and quiet. Very difficult to navigate between the oversized chairs - the place is best avoided (except for sleeping, which is what most people seem to do there :)).

I think it must have looked good "on paper"...but you have to try and "squeeze" through between the chairs and the bookshelves to find anything...and then...trying to find a chair to read in...is impossible. Maybe this is because we have done Trans Atlantics on board...with more sea days...and more time to sleep!!! :D IMO...a great idea that sorta didn't work out!!!! ;) LuAnn

I think it must have looked good "on paper"...but you have to try and "squeeze" through between the chairs and the bookshelves to find anything...and then...trying to find a chair to read in...is impossible. Maybe this is because we have done Trans Atlantics on board...with more sea days...and more time to sleep!!! :D IMO...a great idea that sorta didn't work out!!!! ;) LuAnn

Agreed.

Once you do manage to "squeeze" through to the bookshelves, the lighting is so poor that you need a flash light to see what you are looking for. When you do find it, there is not enough room to open the door to remove the books (as the huge chairs block it).

If you do find a chair and decide to stay and read, your peace and quiet is constantly interrupted by the MASSES of people on their way to/from the baristas, happily chatting away and laughing (as this also acts as a passageway and not just a library space).

Should I go on? :D

Agreed that the library on O ships is smaller than on the R ships. But, the good books are there and we navigate as needed to locate them. I suspect that layout is not an accident .... perhaps designed for book reading elsewhere.

Unfortunately there may have been too many "heavy sleepers" with the comfortable R design.

for photos of both mirror and library.So helpful.Plus, great pics of whole ship.:D

Well...I was in a concierge class stateroom on the Marina a couple of years ago if it matters...the magnifying mirror when we set foot in our stateroom was located by the desk and not in the bathroom.

It looks like it can be moved to the bathroom though...:p

Not sure if it is actually attached to the desk and we didn't attempt to move it as we didn't really use it in the bathroom...;)

set-72157627895807618

bathroom2.jpg.79119d8cc33defbd4602f0ff9077201a.jpg

desk2.jpg.bcc7a2f53339b1e9ca7a7a31c66fb027.jpg

You can see our Hideaways trip from earlier this year on this thread...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1829199

and will look into using s.ambrose for tour.

Also, see you had full HOT breakfast room service.I ve read varying posts whether this was available in concierge cabin.Is that what you had?

Will bookmark this and look at it later,go next Dec.2014.

Thanks again.:D

I had a magnifying mirror in our penthouse suite on Riviera in February. We were in verandah cabin on Riviera this September but did not have a magnifying mirror. Is it only concierge and above that have these mirrors?

Archived