The name of a reliable car service in Barcelona

Chicago Boy

We had no problem getting a taxi after we landed at the airport. Very quick and efficient. :) Rate was quite reasonable, though I cannot remember the cost. We did the same to return to the airport after the cruise. Our hotel Concierge ordered one and by the time we entered the lobby with our carry-ons, the cab was waiting.;)

Where are you staying?

Cabs are lined up outside the airport. If you are concerned about a language problem print something from your hotel website that show their address in their language.

Cabs will also be waiting outside when your ship docks if Barcelona is where your cruise ends.

I used a cab last year and no problem both coming and going. I do speak some Spanish but I don't think that made a difference because the driver knew of the Solstice. It was around 50 euros including bags from the airport. The drive is only about a 1/2 hour.

I used a cab last year and no problem both coming and going. I do speak some Spanish but I don't think that made a difference because the driver knew of the Solstice. It was around 50 euros including bags from the airport. The drive is only about a 1/2 hour.

Sounds about right. If you know what to expect, you will not be ripped-off.

Very good idea from Tom. We have had to use that piece of paper on many occasions. It's just easier to hand the address to the driver. ;)

I also can recommend using a taxi from and to the airport - we have done it several times in the last two years and were never ripped off! Prices are printed outside the terminal, too and I have read there are heavy fines for anybody trying to cheat about the fixed prices. They differ a bit from tour to tour because you get charged for your luggage as well as the trip and it depends on the tour being at night or during the day. We have paid between 35 and 40 Euros , tip included. There were always enough taxis waiting at the airport or at the terminal. Lots of people at the airport spoke English, and we always used a piece of paper with the name of the ship plus the Spanish word "puerto" or "aeropuerto" for the return journey which are two of the about 10 Spanish words I know :o. At the hotels the concierge called a taxi for us and helped to explain.

If your hotel is near the Ramblas or the Placa de Catalunya it is also worthwhile to think about taking the public aerobus - fast, clean, with luggage racks and costs about 6.00 p.P.

We used taxis to and from the airport until our last cruise from Barcelona and never paid 50 euros. Usually paid about 30 euros. We used Barcelona Day Tours when we had a group of six person.

Price for all six persons was 79 Euros.

• 2 weeks later...

We were fortunate on our first trip to find a very great service. We had a terrible experience getting to the hotel and asked about transport to the ship the next day. We were given Luis Fernindas' name. He is fluent in Spanish and English and knows the area well. We have now used him 3 times to take us around Barcelona and Montserrat. His phone number is 011 34 679 42 15 44 and his email is luis.marcos@live.com. He has a flat fee for airport and ship transfers and if you use him around Barcelona he has a 40 euro per hour charge. We are going back to Barcelona in December and have already scheduled him again.

Archived