Oasis of the Seas Photo Review ~ October 12, 2013

Cupcrazy

I'm a little late to the party but had to let you know your comment made me literally LOL!

It's never too late!

Many thanks for doing a fun and informative review.

Andrew

My pleasure! It was a lot of fun to recall the trip. Now its time to look forward to the next one. Enjoy your trip and good luck looking for Garry. Remember "North" is the bow of the ship...

It's never too late!

My pleasure! It was a lot of fun to recall the trip. Now its time to look forward to the next one. Enjoy your trip and good luck looking for Garry. Remember "North" is the bow of the ship...

Thank-you for the review and the hints. Lisa and I will have to stop in drink for a drink or two at the Globe and Atlas and request Alice. If I find Garry on board you bet I will post pics.

Andrew

I apologize in advance if this question has been asked. If it has, please let me know the number on the post so I can refer to it! I want to do the zip line. Do you have to have a reservation for it? How often is it open? I could never do the zipline at Labadee.. but the one on the Oasis looks pretty cool!!

Thanks for the awesome review! We are counting down and only have 3 more months!:D

For the zip line on the ship there are no reservations required. Just go lineup on the port side of the Wipeout Bar. Make sure to sign the waiver online before you embark as it will save you some time on the ship.

I thought I took a picture of the hours but I can't find it so I guess I didn't :rolleyes:. Here are the hours from the Allure. They are pretty much the same.

AllureZipLine_zps2cc1dbf5.jpg

Hey cup I have one last question. You mentioned in your review about zoltar on the sixth floor as you enter the boardwalk area. I remember it from BIG. Just wanted to ask you was this it. Lol.

ImageUploadedByForums1383971331.177439.jpg.b6183fff911b8f1791ac795d78dd2c1a.jpg

Haha. Kcco best of week. Thought you'd get a chuckle from this one.

Before embarking on Oasis I discovered a BIG secret on Oasis of the Seas that not many people know about. Even the majority of the crew we asked had no clue what we were talking about.

When Oasis of the Seas debuted, there was an officer working aboard who's name is Garry. Before his contract ended, he placed a gnome somewhere in Central Park among all the foliage. As a Roll Call we made it our mission to see if the gnome does actually exist and if it does, find it.

After spending a lot of looking, we finally came across the gnome on night 6. Oh the joy!

I'm not going to say where the gnome is because where's the fun in that? I'll just say he's hiding in the shrubbery somewhere in Central Park.

FYI Found this on day 1 of our 11-9-13 cruise. On day 2, it was no longer in it's hiding spot. :eek:

Edited by paula2051

FYI Found this on day 1 of our 11-9-13 cruise. On day 2, it was no longer in it's hiding spot. :eek:

Thank god I checked this post as I was already scouting out where our friends the gnomes might be. We at least I didn't spend hours looking for it.

I guess it will give me more time to enjoy at the pool or flow rider.

Andrew

Thank god I checked this post as I was already scouting out where our friends the gnomes might be. We at least I didn't spend hours looking for it.

I guess it will give me more time to enjoy at the pool or flow rider.

Andrew

That was a good thing. The master gardener told us that he was on vacation. And now that he is back, he is removing all the junk that was in his garden!:rolleyes:

That was a good thing. The master gardener told us that he was on vacation. And now that he is back, he is removing all the junk that was in his garden!:rolleyes:

That's terrible news!

Andrew, you're going to have to find Laslo and tell him to put Garry back.

Paula, were you able to grab a picture of Garry before he was removed?

That's terrible news!

Andrew, you're going to have to find Laslo and tell him to put Garry back.

Paula, were you able to grab a picture of Garry before he was removed?

We are having a great time, but are so exhausted at the end of the day. We have yet to make it to the pub. It is in our plans.

The pics will show back up when the OP's account renews. Photobucket is very expensive for bandwidth when you do not have a free account. I used to use Photobucket until they skyrocketed their prices last year.

The more popular a review, and the more pictures posted, the more money it costs to keep them online. Each page view transmits lots of MB for each pic.

Doing reviews is not only a lot of work but can be expensive too! :)

The pics will show back up when the OP's account renews. Photobucket is very expensive for bandwidth when you do not have a free account. I used to use Photobucket until they skyrocketed their prices last year.

The more popular a review, and the more pictures posted, the more money it costs to keep them online. Each page view transmits lots of MB for each pic.

I was able to open the pictures with no problem!

I can't see any of the pictures, can you help?

I'm very sorry for the issue with my pictures. Unfortunately I will not be paying for Photobucket. I will however try to upload them all on my Flickr account and put the link here. I will use Flickr for future reviews.

Pictures from page 15 onwards are working. I used a 2nd photobucket account when I ran out of space to upload on my 1st one.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1934144&page=15

Because Photobucket limits the amount of bandwidth on an account my pictures on this review have been "blocked". That is their way of getting you to pay them to host your pictures. I have uploaded all of my pictures to my Flickr account and will be using that for future reviews.

Pictures are located >>HERE<<

Once again I am sorry for most of the pictures not being on the review anymore.

I had a similar problem when Webshots closed with my Hawaii review. I posted a link at the end, but it's just not the same.:( I switched to SmugMug after that. It is a paid site, but I feel comfortable with it being dependable. I store a lot of pictures online, so it is worth it to me.

Thank you so much for the great review and pics! We are sailing on Oasis in February, and this adds to the excitement for sure!

Few questions if you don't mind...

Are the after-dinner drinks included with the beverage package, or is there a separate charge for them? If you pay, do you remember how much each one was?

Where, and how many, outlets are in the cabin?

Does the desk/vanity area have storage on the sides of the mirrors and desk drawers? (We loved this storage on Enchantment, as we each took a side, and had all of our belongings in one spot.)

Because Photobucket limits the amount of bandwidth on an account my pictures on this review have been "blocked". That is their way of getting you to pay them to host your pictures. I have uploaded all of my pictures to my Flickr account and will be using that for future reviews.

Pictures are located >>HERE<<

Once again I am sorry for most of the pictures not being on the review anymore.

Thanks so much for all of the good pics and for telling us where they disappeared to.

Thank you so much for the great review and pics! We are sailing on Oasis in February, and this adds to the excitement for sure!

Few questions if you don't mind...

Are the after-dinner drinks included with the beverage package, or is there a separate charge for them? If you pay, do you remember how much each one was? The specialty drinks after dinner are included with the alcohol package. See packages in this link...

http://www.royalcaribbean.co.uk/_images/Royal%20Alcohol%20Beverage%20FAQ%20All%20Ships%20Web%20Nov%2013_tcm16-27947.pdf

Where, and how many, outlets are in the cabin? There are 4 usable outlets on/under the desk/vanity. There is also a plug in the bathroom but it says "shavers only"

Does the desk/vanity area have storage on the sides of the mirrors and desk drawers? (We loved this storage on Enchantment, as we each took a side, and had all of our belongings in one spot.) There are 2 big & 1 small drawer under the desk beside the fridge. There are also about 5 shelves in the closet. Beside the mirror on the vanity there a few shelves in 2 cabinets but they are VERY small.

3 plugs on top of the desk/vanity. There is also a European one on here.

10995927606_e48732bc74_c.jpg

There are 2 North American plugs under the desk but 1 of them is taken up for to power the plugs above.

10995842505_1273bbda4c_c.jpg

In this picture you can see the 3 drawers below the desk and the top small cabinet for the shelves to the left of the mirror. There is a 2nd cabinet under the top one

10995944026_30782f7558_c.jpg