Wow, strong bookings for RC Europe '14

We booked Royal over Disney for our honeymoon cruise... I'm happy for Royal, they are a really good cruise line, although they are the only one I have been on so far. I am looking forward to someday venturing to Disney cruise lines someday. ;)

According to the yahoo article strong bookings for RC in Europe next summer, at the expense of Carnival Corporation. Definitely not surprised.;)

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/royal-caribbean-set-strong-2014-182256537.html

Interesting the comment about high European bookings from you guys in the states as I was surprised how many of you travelled on our Liberty Med. cruise this summer.

You were the highest represented nationality at 25% :)

Carnival Corp: Princess, HAL, Costa, Cunard, P&O, Carnival etc

Would certainly say P&O and Cunard UK bookings have suffered as a result of a fares restructuring fiasco that alienated early bookers, single travellers and families. Good for Royal. Don't know how long it is going to take Carnival Corp to undo the damage done in the UK.

This article is referring to RCCL the parent company. Celebrity and Azamara are included in that number and Celebrity has six ships in Europe next year. Azamara has both of their ships in Europe next year. RCI has seven ships based there next summer. So total RCCL has 15 ships in that region.

This article is referring to RCCL the parent company. Celebrity and Azamara are included in that number and Celebrity has six ships in Europe next year. Azamara has both of their ships in Europe next year. RCI has seven ships based there next summer. So total RCCL has 15 ships in that region.

I wish RCI would keep one S-class Celebrity ship cruising the Carib during the summer months so I could have a go on Celeb. But if that's where the money is, in europe, then that's where the money is.

We booked the Serenade for May (still the shoulder season I think) within a couple weeks of the sailing coming open. We managed to get an Aft balcony for a great price (about $150 pp per day). I have checked pricing several times and it has gone up up up.

We booked the Serenade for May (still the shoulder season I think) within a couple weeks of the sailing coming open. We managed to get an Aft balcony for a great price (about $150 pp per day). I have checked pricing several times and it has gone up up up.

The prices on our Equinox cruise has continued it rise and our category gas sold out eight months out.

The price for our July 10 Serenade cruise has gone up over $2000 combined (one E1, one M, two people in each).

The price for our July 10 Serenade cruise has gone up over $2000 combined (one E1, one M, two people in each).

I am booked on the new Princess Royal next summer in the Baltics and my cruise has gone down in price. If you read the Princess boards this ship isn't a favorite to many people because it lacks many of the features that were included on the Grand Class ships. So I assuming bad reviews and mis-steps from Carnival Corporation are the reasons for the low fares combined with high availability of cabins in all categories.

I am booked on the new Princess Royal next summer in the Baltics and my cruise has gone down in price. If you read the Princess boards this ship isn't a favorite to many people because it lacks many of the features that were included on the Grand Class ships. So I assuming bad reviews and mis-steps from Carnival Corporation are the reasons for the low fares combined with high availability of cabins in all categories.

Terrible soot problem on the new Royal Princess on the aft and near aft cabins. The dummies tested the ship in a wind tunnel without having the blocky MUTS screen installed and when the real ship was built and the screen was installed it created all kinds of whorls and weird wind patterns so that there are large amounts of soot all over the afts. Plus the window ledges masquerading as balconies are not a good design feature.

This is the reason why I booked my next Trans Atlantic on Royal Caribbean in April. I was not too keen on Carnival but Royal is a trustworthy cruiseline and has been very generous with us. I love being greeted by the kind staff who has gone out of their way to make our trips enjoyable and memorable.

Archived