Bringing wine on board

charlielinda

We are planning on bringing wine on board and understand 2 bottles per cabin. Do they enforce. What if I have 2 in my carry on and 2 in husbands or luggage. Just curious. They are for consumption on balcony before dinner.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Enforcement seems to vary. The rule is 2 750ml bottles per cabin. Some people report being able to get larger bottles on board while other report that larger bottles were taken and held until the night be departure.

Some people report that they have gone through the scanner separately and have managed to bring 2 on with each person. If caught they will take extra bottles and hold them. Sounds like the greatest risk is having them taken and held but that might mean dumping them to get home if you are flying.

I didn't mean to stir anything up. I don't even drink wine! I'm sure we won't bring more than 2 bottles on but was curious. Though I do think if they let you bring 2 bottles on for a 7 day cruise they should let you bring more for a longer cruise . . .

If they see something in your bag that needs to be checked it is taken to what is lovingly called the "naughty room" where you will go to open it. This delays getting your luggage the first night. Port and Madurese may be allowed, may not, it depends on who's on duty at that time and if they know what those are or not.

Celebrity brings plenty for everyone's needs. Just show your seapass.;)

Yes, I will have the premium drinks package - I'm thinking we'd like to have a wee nightcap on the balcony though. Not a big deal, just slightly more convenient than bringing one from the bar.

Yes, I will have the premium drinks package - I'm thinking we'd like to have a wee nightcap on the balcony though. Not a big deal, just slightly more convenient than bringing one from the bar.

The first time you meet your cabin steward ask them who their best friend that is a cocktail server is, and you would like to meet them. When you do, hand them a $10, $15, or whatever, and tell them you would like your favorite beverage waiting in your cabin at such and such a time, and bingo, there it is. Dont forget to givew a tad to the cabin steward for the intro! :D

The first time you meet your cabin steward ask them who their best friend that is a cocktail server is, and you would like to meet them. When you do, hand them a $10, $15, or whatever, and tell them you would like your favorite beverage waiting in your cabin at such and such a time, and bingo, there it is. Dont forget to givew a tad to the cabin steward for the intro! :D

Really??? This would be money VERY well spent indeed! Thank you!

Archived