live from emerald princess...canada to ft. L.

tml1230

we are on board this great ship for 2 weeks, if anyone has questions about the emerald let me know...for those of you soon to take a cruise on her...the ship is great, the crew wonderful, food is better than we expected and most people seem to be enjoying themselves...it always amazes me that there are some who will complain about the things so trivial....best regards

we are on board this great ship for 2 weeks, if anyone has questions about the emerald let me know...for those of you soon to take a cruise on her...the ship is great, the crew wonderful, food is better than we expected and most people seem to be enjoying themselves...it always amazes me that there are some who will complain about the things so trivial....best regards

tml1230, we will be boarding on Nov 9th for 10 days. Can you tell me what movies are playing on MUTS? Also, should you run into the Cruise Director could you ask him for an email address where I could send him some information regarding a very large Cruise Critic Meet and Greet that is planned. Thanks, Whitecap

We'll be doing the Quebec to Fort Lauderdale cruise next year on the Ruby and would like to hear your opinions on the various ports and any excursions you take. Have a wonderful cruise!

Have a great time! It looks like weather won't be a negative factor for you. We were on this same cruise last year but Hurricane Sandy had other ideas and it turned into a Canada cruise then a quick run down to Fort Lauderdale. I'll be reading this thread to see what we missed. We'll probably make another attempt to take this wonderful cruise itinerary in another year or so.

I understand the Emerald was updated in drydock in December 2012 (after the Magical Mystery Tour--we were there too). How are the beds now?

Enjoy your cruise, we board on Nov. 19th. The Emerald is our favorite ship.

I do have a question for you, could you tell me who is entertaining in Crooners? I think it may be Bert Stratton. If it is and you run in to him, could you please ask if he knows when he will be getting off. Thank you.

I believe we were on the 28 day to Hawaii and Tahiti last October with you on one of our favorite ships, the Sapphire, what a great cruise that was! We are joining you on Nov.9 for the 10 day Eastern. This will be our 3rd trip on Emerald, so glad to hear all is well with her. My favorite ship is always the one I'm on, but Sapphire and Emerald are both so wonderful. If you can, what is the current resident band, we have had such good fortune with the music and the bands. Thanks in advance! Have a great cruise.

Hi,

We've enjoyed the Emerald twice ourselves and had a wonderful time. I'm originally from Canada so someday we'll have to get on that cruise and maybe I can see some relatives in Nova Scotia, even Montreal, if you went that far.

We'll be on the Royal Princess in A603 in mid November, but I'm pretty sure we'll be returning to the Emerald or Ruby.

Have a wonderful cruise. Who is the entertainer in Crooners?

Lynne

Thanks for this. Fun to follow and glad you're having a good time. We also love Emerald. :)

HELP! Someone just off of an Emerald cruise said there were no lunches served in the MDR on At Sea days any longer. We know it's not done on port days but in the very recent past ... Lunch was offered in the MDR on Sea Days.

Is that true on your sailing?

LuLu

~~~~

Thanks for this. Fun to follow and glad you're having a good time. We also love Emerald. :)

HELP! Someone just off of an Emerald cruise said there were no lunches served in the MDR on At Sea days any longer. We know it's not done on port days but in the very recent past ... Lunch was offered in the MDR on Sea Days.

Is that true on your sailing?

LuLu

~~~~

Come on LuLu, don't you think I would have already asked that? ;) See post 15!

I actually said that the dining room was open on our first day (not referring to embarkation day as we were not on board early enough to eat in the dining room on embarkation day.) Other days it was closed and we ate at the IC and the HC. We had a ten day cruise with a port of call everyday except the next to last day.

hello to all from Newfoundland...about to dock so this will be short but will answer all your inquiries later today or tomorrow...beds are very good, pillows are a little like our englsh bulldog ike...they lay on the couch and are soft, but sure could use some puffing up...

for those doing this cruise in future you will really enjoy it as long as you bring warm clothes...make sure you spend time in quebec city it is really wonderful.....no deck activity when ship is underway as it is to cols...some ice in mornings on stern deck...but then again i am from florida and really enjoyng it..

will double check but dont believe bert stratton is on board....

well we are off to a tour and with some luck a stop later today at the new target here in corner brook ...(if the wife is happy, then everybody is happy)..

i promise to get all your questions answered...best regards, terry

If memory served me right, there wasn't much to do in Corner Brook. We did a tour that took us to "the man in the mountain" and a train station. Since we went to this port last year as an afterthought since they had changed all of our ports - they hadn't had time to expect us. There did do free luggage tags which were really cute when you got off the boat at the port.

Hope you enjoy the day - gotta love Target!

i typed a sparkling and witty oritory of some length only to lose it before it went out....

GREAT day here in newfoundland but really cold...

i have to plug toms port guides...if you havent used them they are wonderful...

this itinery is incredible ......today corner brook , tomorrow nova scotia then halifax before hitting US ports..

we took a ships 4 hour tour...we dont like ships tours generally as somehow we always get on the same bus with the couple who feel compelled to ask the guide 125 mind numbing questions before we leave the dock... this particular one to the fishing villages in area was very good...

the fish and meats in the buffet continue to be wonderful...plenty of choices..

some guy named JJ is the cruise director

the guy in Crooners is mark new some.

more to come but am stopping now lest i crash the computer again

PS: i stopped counting how many times i have been asked "so where ya from??

"oh so yous from fladah huh? bet ya it is warmer down there huh?

we are looking forward to our visit later in the week to new york city!

best regards terry

Archived