Some reviews are just too funny

dcollette

I'm sorry, but sometimes all I can do is laugh when I read through the most recent reviews (for Breakaway). You have to wonder sometimes if these people were even on the same ship. All I can say is, I go on vacation to get away and enjoy spending time with my family. If you go on vacation to find fault with every little thing--why bother? Some people just enjoy complaining and being miserable, I guess. :rolleyes:

While the reviews here can be funny, if you really want to laugh you have to go read the NCL reviews over on Consumer Affairs dot Com. :rolleyes:

As an example, one guy said this in complaining about the Breakaway: "It is falsely advertised on TV with the big buildings and central park on top. "

Can you imagine how disappointed he must have been when he couldn't find skyscrapers on top of the ship?

As an example, one guy said this in complaining about the Breakaway: "It is falsely advertised on TV with the big buildings and central park on top. "

Can you imagine how disappointed he must have been when he couldn't find skyscrapers on top of the ship?

Wow! Sometimes I just can't imagine. Well, I'm glad none of these people are those I choose to be around. Your vacation is what you make of it. If people are whining about their vacation, imagine how much fun they must be in their daily lives! :eek:

While the reviews here can be funny, if you really want to laugh you have to go read the NCL reviews over on Consumer Affairs dot Com. :rolleyes:

The really scarey thing is he has one vote - just like you!:eek:

You nearly made me spit my coffee out :)

I had a nice vivid mental picture of that scenario

I think people set unrealistic expectations, and spend a lot of time comparing cruise line to cruise line.

I also get a kick out of the reviews and people who nitpick over every minor detail. Those are the same people who have a hard time enjoying life in general.

While on our sailing last year right after Sandy I heard a lot of complaints. We couldn't stop at GSC because the water was too rough and it was too windy. It was cool/windy/cloudy the entire trip. All the beaches we wanted to go to were closed... and do you know what? We had a FANTASTIC time :)

Life is what you make of it.

The ones that makes me giggle are the ones that say that there is paint chipping here or there and rust here or there, etc. Who goes on vacation to look for chipping paint or rust. I could see if it were something big, like a large hole in the ship!!!

Indeed one young lady came here a few weeks ago and was so unhappy about her cruise to Alaska on the Jewel. She referred to the Jewel as a "ghetto" ship because of chipped paint of her balcony!

She disappeared after a few nasty posts when she found no one agreeing with her.

Priceless.............thanks for sharing!

I agree. I'm trying to decide whether or not to write a review on the Dawn Bermuda cruise I just got back from last week.

If I believed half of what I read before I left I would have thought the food was inedible, the ship staff rude and unbending, and the ship itself in need of a total overhaul.

What keeps me coming back to NCL and specifically the Boston / Bermuda cruise are 2 things - no air travel and great service. The folks working on board are truly exceptional people and the fact that they do what they do with smiles on their faces really does make it a great vacation.

I had a great time but weirdly, for the first time after a cruise, I'm not dying to go on another one any time soon. That might change but for now - bring on ski season!

You are so right about that. I was over there the other day and those reviews are absolutely hysterical (and ridiculous).

You nearly made me spit my coffee out :)

I had a nice vivid mental picture of that scenario

I think people set unrealistic expectations, and spend a lot of time comparing cruise line to cruise line.

I also get a kick out of the reviews and people who nitpick over every minor detail. Those are the same people who have a hard time enjoying life in general.

While on our sailing last year right after Sandy I heard a lot of complaints. We couldn't stop at GSC because the water was too rough and it was too windy. It was cool/windy/cloudy the entire trip. All the beaches we wanted to go to were closed... and do you know what? We had a FANTASTIC time :)

Life is what you make of it.

I agree it is what you make of it. When I went on the gem it rained most of the time and I dislocated one of my toes halfway through the trip but I had an amazing time. Even after the troubles I had I will be booking another norwegian cruise for march 2014.

The really scarey thing is he has one vote - just like you!:eek:

Yeah...and that's no joke. :eek:

smh

I agree with NLH Arizona that the 'paint chipping/rust' comments irk the heck out of me. You see the crew scraping/painting/varnishing on every cruise because the salt water EATS everything.

Don't people understand this??????????????:confused:

The ships go out full of passengers, turn around, dump those passengers and take on a new group, week after week after week...and some people want the ship like 100% brand new when they sail.

My thoughts on that would be "Go buy your own boat and see how 'easy' it is to maintain"

Sorry...done rant :o

smh

I agree with NLH Arizona that the 'paint chipping/rust' comments irk the heck out of me. You see the crew scraping/painting/varnishing on every cruise because the salt water EATS everything.

The ships go out full of passengers, turn around, dump those passengers and take on a new group, week after week after week...and some people want the ship like 100% brand new when they sail.

My thoughts on that would be "Go buy your own boat and see how 'easy' it is to maintain"

Seriously! When you consider that these ships sail 52 weeks a year and are dry docked only every several years the upkeep even considering the tens of thousands of people they serve every year is amazing!

Wait...are you saying there isn't going to be a round ship on NCL like so many have posted in their signature block?:D:cool::D

I just skipped over there to read that review, and laughed until my sides hurt. Holy smokes!

smh

Well said halos!! I never understand why people go on a ship and don't expect to see nautical events ! There is salt water, there are rough seas sometimes, there is maintenance required, and yet ship and crew manage to keep most of us happy from cruise to cruise!

Indeed one young lady came here a few weeks ago and was so unhappy about her cruise to Alaska on the Jewel. She referred to the Jewel as a "ghetto" ship because of chipped paint of her balcony!

She disappeared after a few nasty posts when she found no one agreeing with her.

Goodness gracious.

I was reading some reviews of the ships I have been on and was shocked by what people said. If I went by the reviews I've read both here and at consumer affairs, I'd never leave home and I'd never buy anything. :confused:

Archived