NEW LIVE from the Royal 10/29-1//10

paulmichael

You can always check out www.ptztv.com where they have many more cruise port webcams including Port Everglades.

Have been watching the action in the port for the past hour in anticipation for the 4pm departing of the Royal. I happened to see it come in to port on the webcam page at about 1:50am our time here in Wisconsin. Wish I were there!

Hello, fellow Wisconsinite! I see that you'll be boarding the Royal the day we will be sadly disembarking. Here's to non-snowy travel weather and wonderful cruises! :D

Just in case anyone currently on board wants to know, The Royal is due to arrive in FLL at 5am. Pier 2 According to the harbor masters schedule.

Zippy

Hi Zippy,

Scott Ladewig, who is on the ship now, posted on Twitter that there are approximately 300 people doing the B2B and staying on for your cruise. If you have time I hope to hear more from you on how things are going. My travel agent will also be aboard and will be calling me when he gets back with his impressions.

Have a great cruise and don't forget to try out the new track topside. ;)

We are docked in Ft Lauderdale. Glad we have two more cruises because there is still much to see, do, eat and drink. :eek::D:eek:

There is a very large group boarding today so our dining room has been changed. The group will have Allegro has their own Anytime dining. Concerto will be Traditional and Symphony Anytime for everyone not part of the group.

Yesterday both pools were very crowded. Difficult to find a place to sit but by 1 pm folks started to leave. The sun is hot :D

CAREFREEBEE...are you on the port side? We are also midship aft and smelled smoke when we were in FLL last week. Thanks for the heads up on the margaritas!! We have been having our before dinner drinks at Crooners. I love the cucumber lime martinis.

Cheers, Denise

We are docked in Ft Lauderdale. Glad we have two more cruises because there is still much to see, do, eat and drink. :eek::D:eek:

There is a very large group boarding today so our dining room has been changed. The group will have Allegro has their own Anytime dining. Concerto will be Traditional and Symphony Anytime for everyone not part of the group.

Yesterday both pools were very crowded. Difficult to find a place to sit but by 1 pm folks started to leave. The sun is hot :D

CAREFREEBEE...are you on the port side? We are also midship aft and smelled smoke when we were in FLL last week. Thanks for the heads up on the margaritas!! We have been having our before dinner drinks at Crooners. I love the cucumber lime martinis.

Cheers, Denise

Hey Denise, thanks for the info on the Anytime Dining, guess we'll be in the Symphony DR. See you later today!!!! Gorgeous day for sailing!

Larry, #1winelover, holding portrait of Dave. In recognition of Dave's tireless work, that we all benefited from, to prepare us for our first sailing on the fabulous Royal Princess, we salute you! Wish you were here!

10574040804_3b0fe7d314_b.jpg

Nice, well-deserved tribute to Dave.

Thanks, Larry!

Norris

We sail in two weeks. My wife is really into Zumba and she lives the fact that Princess offers this. Could you tell me where they are holding the Zumba

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

<<Our only real issue so far has been the couple in the stateroom next to us have been smoking on their balcony! They started before we even left Ft Lauderdale! The first time I leaned around the divider and saw her sitting there smoking away. I spoke to her and as could be predicted, she was rude and defensive. We have reported them three times now and this morning the deck manager, cabin stewards and room service crew all gathered outside their door and confirmed smoke smell was creeping from their cabin. Of course they were very angry and loudly insisted it wasn't them and that she was asleep ( 10:30 am). Cheaters cheat, liars lie! Oh well they're getting off tomorrow and we get to stay on>>

I bet they'll be surprised to find a big charge on their folio for cleaning the room. If you could smell it in your room the smell had to get into their room, too. What a shame that they couldn't follow the rules and had to stink up a brand new ship.

Edited by FritzG

Martha- you are so funny. I feel like all I've done this cruise is blog. I'm trying to type quietly so DH doesn't hear the tap tap tap on my iPhone my iPhone keyboard!! :-)

I love your blog also. Thank oodness we picked the 11/10 sailing instead of 11/3. Since you are all packed up, what ship will you be spending the winter on?

Denise,

I was surprised to hear that an entire dining room was closed for the group. My understanding is that typically the group is around 500 people. Must be a much larger group this year??? Otherwise why close a dining room for a ship with around 3600 passengers?

Tell Joe, Amelia and Barb (she boards today) that I said hi! You should have met them at Crooners! ;):D

Martha- you are so funny. I feel like all I've done this cruise is blog. I'm trying to type quietly so DH doesn't hear the tap tap tap on my iPhone my iPhone keyboard!! :-)

Loving your blog too!! My inquiring mind is wondering about your washing clothes on a 5 night when you posted a picture of all your luggage, I am not saying this at all in a critical way just found it to be quite funny you were washing clothes in the sink after seeing all your luggage!!LOL

Loving your blog too!! My inquiring mind is wondering about your washing clothes on a 5 night when you posted a picture of all your luggage, I am not saying this at all in a critical way just found it to be quite funny you were washing clothes in the sink after seeing all your luggage!!LOL

I only unpacked a few items for the five days. I have tshirts and shorts that can be washed out at night and be dry by morning. Beginning today I'm living out of a 22" carry on for a week. We have entire suitcases we haven't opened yet. But, really, I don't pack a lot of clothes. We have two suitcases filled with scuba and snorkel gear, wet suits and dive skins, beach toys and toiletries.

I only unpacked a few items for the five days. I have tshirts and shorts that can be washed out at night and be dry by morning. Beginning today I'm living out of a 22" carry on for a week. We have entire suitcases we haven't opened yet. But, really, I don't pack a lot of clothes. We have two suitcases filled with scuba and snorkel gear, wet suits and dive skins, beach toys and toiletries.

Now I know what all that was for, I thought why is the world are they needing to wash but the scuba gear explains it. ;)

Where are you off to from here? Now I have to move over to your blog to see what else you added since yesterday. I think your cabin was close to where ours will be, we have L227.

We sail in two weeks. My wife is really into Zumba and she lives the fact that Princess offers this. Could you tell me where they are holding the Zumba

I did two classes and they were on Center Court up on Sport Deck. There were a few other classes offered that I didn't attend. I'd have to pull our patters to verify location but those are in the bag up in storage bin on plane so will have to post again when I can access them.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Cheers, Denise

dchip....If you are staying onboard for more cruising, I hope you'll check in with some reports for those of us waving from shore. :D;)

dchip....If you are staying onboard for more cruising, I hope you'll check in with some reports for those of us waving from shore. :D;)

We are on board for the next two cruises! Our itinerary has been changed due to expected heavy seas. We are headed for St Maarten, St Thomas and then Grand Turk.

Spent time at the Outrigger Bar and it is a lovely area. The walking/jogging track is nice too. I have booked the Sanctuary for an entire week in a moment of craziness :D. We don't do the shows, so I'm no help there.

I'll keep posting as long as we have minutes!! By the way, did you see me waving?!? The Coast Guard boat put on quite a show!!

Cheers, Denise

We are on board for the next two cruises! Our itinerary has been changed due to expected heavy seas. We are headed for St Maarten, St Thomas and then Grand Turk.

Spent time at the Outrigger Bar and it is a lovely area. The walking/jogging track is nice too. I have booked the Sanctuary for an entire week in a moment of craziness :D. We don't do the shows, so I'm no help there.

I'll keep posting as long as we have minutes!! By the way, did you see me waving?!? The Coast Guard boat put on quite a show!!

Cheers, Denise

Lucky you! if you were the passenger with the widest grin on their face, then I saw you. wave.gif

I did two classes and they were on Center Court up on Sport Deck. There were a few other classes offered that I didn't attend. I'd have to pull our patters to verify location but those are in the bag up in storage bin on plane so will have to post again when I can access them.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

The number one request from our 3/30/13 roll call is seeing those Princess Patters. If you could post them, I know a lot of cruisers would start doing the happy dance ! Thank you for anything you can do to help.

Okay so here was the full schedule for Zumba:

10/29 None

10/30 8:30am Center Court, 5:15pm Princess Live

10/31 8:30am Center Court, 5:00pm Princess Live

11/1 5:00pm Princess Live

11/2 8:30am Center Court, 4:00pm Princess Live

The number one request from our 3/30/13 roll call is seeing those Princess Patters. If you could post them, I know a lot of cruisers would start doing the happy dance ! Thank you for anything you can do to help.

Will try to work on that.

Wouldn't it be better to wait for Patters from the full 7 day cruise?

Yes, the Patters from the 7 day Eastern will be more valuable info. For those of you staying inboard for 1 or 2 b2b's, are you planning on continuing this thread or starting a new one?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

My question is, how did the Tendering go at CoCo Caye? This question is directed more to those who aren't Elite since they can go when they want to the Tenders.

Sent from my iPad

Tendering to Princess Cay was a complete clusterf*%#!! I would suggest if you are tendering to a port go early and try to be on one of the first tenders! A 1hr and 10 min wait in the Symphony dinning room, then a good half hour to load and a 20 min trip that should have been no more than 10!

Other than that there were only A few negative things worth mentioning (I will do that when I post a review) none of which detracted from a great time! I enjoyed my first Princess cruise and would sail this ship agian in the future, making sure not to book a midship cabin!