Ohio State Michigan Game

Lucky Luie

My son lives in Columbus. We are from Michigan. I despise that school that has our state name. It is so bad I can hardly bring myself to watch any game that they are involved in. Won't ever mention their name. The alumni aren't that bad, it is those Walmart Wolvie wannabees. The one coach from MSU said it best when someone referred to the school from AA (Ann Arbor) He aked what does AA stand for arrogant a$$e$? .

Fblack: Doesn't matter. Buckeyes 49' date=' Michigan 7. I'd tell you when we graduated from Ohio State, but it was so long ago I hardly remember. We were there for Woody Hayes, Rex Kern and Jack Tatum. [/quote']

bphman: I doubt that "School up North" has a chance this year. The only thing in their favor is that the game is in Ann Arbor. GO BUCKS!!!!!!! O-H

Appreciate the various good' date=' wise (see above) and interesting comments on this thread. [i']The smart option is to avoid doing cruises during the key college football season. [/i] We are waiting for our first “down under” visit until Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014. Will be doing Celebrity Solstice sailing, departing Sydney, going from Australia to Auckland/NZ doing 14 days on this ship we loved in the Med in June 2011.

Like fblack, we were students at Ohio State during that great Super Soph period of the 1968 season that resulted in the National Championship/Rose Bowl win against USC and O.J. Simpson.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Celebrity Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 145,404 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

No, can't wait until after footfall season. ;)

We board the Eclipse on the 16th, will be in Barbados on the 23rd, and on our flight & drive home on the 30th. On the 9th when we are still at home, no game. :( Between Celebrity (Elite) free Internet minutes & Verizon LTE (if on Verizon network, not X) checking periodically for scores, wifi in port, and XM radio on the drive home, we might be able to catch some of the Illinois, Indiana, & Michigan games.

Has anyone ever had luck getting college football games on Celebrity ships in particular Ohio State games? We have tried with no luck on our various November cruises, even by going to one or two of the lounges to ask if they have the feed and will show the game. The lounges with TVs haven't carried the feed when we've been onboard, and we have never been able to get/find the games on the cabin tv.

Go Bucks!

Kathy

No, can't wait until after footfall season. ;)

We board the Eclipse on the 16th, will be in Barbados on the 23rd, and on our flight & drive home on the 30th. On the 9th when we are still at home, no game. :( Between Celebrity (Elite) free Internet minutes & Verizon LTE (if on Verizon network, not X) checking periodically for scores, wifi in port, and XM radio on the drive home, we might be able to catch some of the Illinois, Indiana, & Michigan games.

Has anyone ever had luck getting college football games on Celebrity ships in particular Ohio State games? We have tried with no luck on our various November cruises, even by going to one or two of the lounges to ask if they have the feed and will show the game. The lounges with TVs haven't carried the feed when we've been onboard, and we have never been able to get/find the games on the cabin tv.

Go Bucks!

Kathy

Hi Kathy!!!

We got your messages on our t/a cruise. ;)

That was a GREAT cruise..but, aren't they all?

(From Peter Pan? I forgot her name.. :()

Did not know you were a Buckeye fan...

Susan and, I certainly are...we're from Columbus originally..

We're going to be on the ECLIPSE on January 25 out of Fort Lauderdale.

It's funny about football rivalries. I went to Ohio State and my son went to USC. It broke my heart. And he hates UCLA and has never been to their campus. And once my son bragged about the USC marching band. I had to set him straight.

It's funny about football rivalries. I went to Ohio State and my son went to USC. It broke my heart. And he hates UCLA and has never been to their campus. And once my son bragged about the USC marching band. I had to set him straight.

No one else compares to OHS band.

Simply the best.

Hi Kathy!!!

We got your messages on our t/a cruise. ;)

That was a GREAT cruise..but, aren't they all?

(From Peter Pan? I forgot her name.. :()

Did not know you were a Buckeye fan...

Susan and, I certainly are...we're from Columbus originally..

We're going to be on the ECLIPSE on January 25 out of Fort Lauderdale.

Gary, good to hear from you! You were on the cruise with our friends Anne, Kate, & Dennis. Anne is the one who gave you our greetings. We all met on the rollcall and the Jewel of the Seas TA itinerary in 2011 which was basically the itinerary you did in September; Jack and I repeated it in the 2012. I think we may have discussed we were all born or lived in Ohio. Jack and I were both born in Ohio and moved away as young adults but didn't meet until many years later on a cycling trip. We're still Buckeye fans. I thought by now we would have been on a cruise again together! I finally retired, so our travels have picked up. Too bad we'll miss on the Eclipse. After that our next cruises are a b2b on the Century Feb. 15th & 23rd. Then the Reflection TA in April.

Best Dam_ Band in the Land!

Kathy

Edited by TourDeCruise

Gary, good to hear from you! You were on the cruise with our friends Anne, Kate, & Dennis. Anne is the one who gave you our greetings. We all met on the rollcall and the Jewel of the Seas TA itinerary in 2011 which was basically the itinerary you did in September; Jack and I repeated it in the 2012. I think we may have discussed we were all born or lived in Ohio. Jack and I were both born in Ohio and moved away as young adults but didn't meet until many years later on a cycling trip. We're still Buckeye fans. I thought by now we would have been on a cruise again together! I finally retired, so our travels have picked up. Too bad we'll miss on the Eclipse. After that our next cruises are a b2b on the Century Feb. 15th & 23rd. Then the Reflection TA in April.

Best Dam_ Band in the Land!

Kathy

We went to S.E. Asia in March 2013. Awesome cruise.

Through C.C., we met up with 12 other folks, and, did all private tours.

That was such an awesome trip, 10 of us all decided we MUST do that again...we are all going on the Black Sea and, Greece in 10/14, on the

CONSTELLATION. One couple on that cruise, will be with us in January on the ECLIPSE also... :)

Remember OSU/Perdue is on tomorrow on the BTN (Direct TV ch 610) (BTN= Big Ten Network)

I want to see Carlos Hyde "fly" again, like I used to do.. ;)

Edited by GaryfmCol

If you'd like a game summary, I will be happy to give it to you. Michigan will forge out to an early lead, but OSU will battle back to get within 4 points of Michigan. OSU's defense will stop Michigan with 1:50 left, but will burn two of their three timeouts in doing so. A reasonable punt return gives OSU the ball on their 34. They drive down to the 12 yard line with no timeouts. On second down the QB is sacked, so they have to spike the ball to kill the clock. Fourth and goal, with 3 seconds left. OSU takes the snap, and .... the ships television loses the satelite and turns to snow. Better stay home if you want see the whole game ;)

I am leaving on the Celebrity Solstice out of San Juan on November 30 which is the OSU Michigan football game. The game starts at noon. Will I be able to see the game on the ship?

I would plan on finding a sports bar in San Juan where you can watch the game. The ship won't be departing until evening. One idea would be to just drop all your bags at the pier so they get put on board and then hot foot it back into town to watch the game and then check in to board after tyhe game. Or, you could get on board and find out if the game will be shown, and if not just walk off and catch a cab back into SJ and watch it there.

I had no idea my post would spark such an interesting debate! I am cruising with my mom and my sister and didn't realize that we would be leaving when the OSU Michigan game was playing until after I committed to going. I NEVER miss watching an OSU game.

I thought about trying to find a sports bar in San Juan but my mom and sister won't sit in a bar with me for 4 hours and I don't think it is a good idea for a woman to be alone in an unknown San Juan bar by herself.

I guess I will just have my daughter text me highlights and scores.

Thanks for all the comments.

Go Bucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had no idea my post would spark such an interesting debate! I am cruising with my mom and my sister and didn't realize that we would be leaving when the OSU Michigan game was playing until after I committed to going. I NEVER miss watching an OSU game.

I thought about trying to find a sports bar in San Juan but my mom and sister won't sit in a bar with me for 4 hours and I don't think it is a good idea for a woman to be alone in an unknown San Juan bar by herself.

Go Bucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you been on your rollcall thread? You could ask on the thread if anyone is interested in joining you. Are you on the Summit or Solstice? Here is the link to the Summit November 30th rollcall thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1639720

Go Bucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We went to S.E. Asia in March 2013. Awesome cruise.

Through C.C., we met up with 12 other folks, and, did all private tours.

That was such an awesome trip, 10 of us all decided we MUST do that again...we are all going on the Black Sea and, Greece in 10/14, on the

CONSTELLATION. One couple on that cruise, will be with us in January on the ECLIPSE also... :)

Remember OSU/Perdue is on tomorrow on the BTN (Direct TV ch 610) (BTN= Big Ten Network)

I want to see Carlos Hyde "fly" again, like I used to do.. ;)

Your travel plans past and future sound fantastic, Gary. Today we were talking about South America for 2015.

I know you used to and may still fly. . .but not quite the same way as Carlos Hyde! :rolleyes: But then again, he can't fly like you either. This is my absolute favorite "flying" moment of the season - "Carlos Hyde Goes Superman on Iowa"!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awikkRcSi38

Awesome. Shared that on Facebook a few days ago. That was last Saturday, and already 10.3 MILLION views. TBDBITL, indeed!

The OSU marching band video was excellent. What choreography, coordination, and synchronization from TBDBITL.

Kathy

Edited by TourDeCruise
Summit rollcall thread

Have you been on your rollcall thread? You could ask on the thread if anyone is interested in joining you. Are you on the Summit or Solstice? Here is the link to the Summit November 30th rollcall thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1639720

Your travel plans past and future sound fantastic, Gary. Today we were talking about South America for 2015.

I know you used to and may still fly. . .but not quite the same way as Carlos Hyde! :rolleyes: But then again, he can't fly like you either. This is my absolute favorite "flying" moment of the season - "Carlos Hyde Goes Superman on Iowa"!

The OSU marching band video was excellent. What choreography, coordination, and synchronization from TBDBITL.

Kathy

THAT WAS AWESOME Kathy. That is EXACTLY what I was refering to.

I never flew THAT LOW, that is for sure.

Our last cruise on the BRILLIANCE we were seated at our MDR with an

ex-BUCKEYE that played for OSU, in the 50's under Woody and, with Hoppy. Oddly enough, we knew the couple from a previous cruise, and, this cruise they were assigned our table. We had a GREAT time with them... I am sending this link to them in Arkansas...

OSU/PERDUE today on the BTN (Big Ten Network) 11:30 AM, here I believe.

Kathy you have my e-mail..don't you...GaryfmCol at AOL dot com.

I used to have yours and, I still may somewhere in my computer.. ;)

GO BUCKS....

I've been kind of wondering something along the same lines with respect to the annual "Iron Bowl" between Auburn and Alabama. My husband, two friends, and I will be on the Equinox sailing from Lisbon to the Canary Islands (sea day) on 11/30. We are Auburn season ticket holders and before football season started, I wouldn't have given Auburn a snowball's chance. But they've bounced way back from a horrid season last year. I still wouldn't trade one football game with a TA cruise, but if we could watch it on a sea day, that would be awfully sweet.

It never hurts to call the media officer to ask if they can put on the game on somewhere. Usually if they have the satellite feed for it they will, unless someone else has already beaten you to the punch and asked for another game. But be aware their satellite options are limited, although sometimes in port they have more options.

Now that MSU has beaten down uofm not much to worry about watching. :p

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Forums mobile app

YES! Congrats to MSU today. ;)

We cheered them on..after OSU's win at Purdue in West Layfayette.

Urban Meyer's first loss will never be at UM... :)

MSU freshman kicker is from Toledo OH. His father is a UM grad, a physician, and is also a professor at UM. He made all 3 field goal attempts but said that what he is most proud of is his one rushing attemp that was due to the blocked extra point. His rushing total was 0 yards but he said that it was still 48 yards more than UM got.

The Ohio State University should play their freshman squad against UM to save their regular team for the Big 10 championship game, but then looking form a another view point it will be good practice and a warm up. The point spread will be interesting.

🎅

THAT WAS AWESOME Kathy. That is EXACTLY what I was refering to.

I never flew THAT LOW, that is for sure.

Our last cruise on the BRILLIANCE we were seated at our MDR with an

ex-BUCKEYE that played for OSU, in the 50's under Woody and, with Hoppy. Oddly enough, we knew the couple from a previous cruise, and, this cruise they were assigned our table. We had a GREAT time with them... I am sending this link to them in Arkansas...

OSU/PERDUE today on the BTN (Big Ten Network) 11:30 AM, here I believe.

Kathy you have my e-mail..don't you...GaryfmCol at AOL dot com.

I used to have yours and, I still may somewhere in my computer.. ;)

GO BUCKS....

Gary, I don't know if we exchanged emails or not, but I just emailed you so you will have my email. That must have been interesting to sit with a 1950s OSU Buckeye who played under Woody! Maybe Jack would remember him (the player, not Woody - of course he remembers Woody!) from watching Buckeye games back in the 1950s.

Kathy

It never hurts to call the media officer to ask if they can put on the game on somewhere. Usually if they have the satellite feed for it they will, unless someone else has already beaten you to the punch and asked for another game. But be aware their satellite options are limited, although sometimes in port they have more options.

Unfortunatly, NOONE knows who the media officer is!!

I have tried on many occasions to contact for one reason or another and the front desk has no idea WHO IS IN CHARGE OF TVS !!

I have even contacted the Hotel Manager to know avail--

I will be on a T/A Nov 30 TOOO!!!!

and WAR EAGLE!!

frank

• 4 weeks later...
Hope all those interested got to the game. It was a good one!

YES! Excellent, thrilling game in OSU beating Michigan at the Big House. Plus, Alabama losing. Now, the Buckeyes face Michigan State for the Big Ten Championship in Indianapolis' Lucas Oil Stadium. Then, maybe a Bowl Game? How did things work out on the ship in the Carib?

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Celebrity Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 150,373 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

We boarded the Eclipse in Ft. Lauderdale on Nov. 16th. We were able to watch the 2nd half of the Illinois game in the cabin. On Nov. 23rd, we were in Barbados and were able to watch the 1st half and a little of the 3rd quarter in the cabin in between dinner and the Perry Grant show in the theater. Then on Nov. 30th, we debarked and were in the air for the 1st half. We thought about buying the wifi onboard the plane, but our flight was only 2.5 hours and one hour was pre-game and additional time that electronics needed to be off to prepare for descent and landing, so we decided we would catch up once we landed.

So here is how the 2nd half goes. We landed and went to baggage claim. I booted up the iPad with Verizon LTE while we waited for luggage. We listened via Football Radio app since watching video would eat more cellular data and we needed to pay some attention to getting luggage and getting to our car. The score was 21-21! Fast forward a bit, we were on the shuttle to the offsite parking where our car was. At this point, we heard "the Buckeyes have the ball. . . .Carlos Hyde is down. . .it is 2nd & goal. . ." And then what happens??? My iPad times out because we failed to touch the screen!!! When I turned it back on, Football Radio still showed the score at 21-21 and it was a commercial! But then before the commercial ended, I saw the score change to 28-21 (a delay), but we still didn't know what happened other than the Buckeyes scored. Our drive home was 2 hours, so we listened to the rest of the game on XM Radio (car satellite radio) on the way home. Yesterday we watched the game in its entirety (sans commercials) which we had recorded via FIOS on our TV (set it up to record remotely the morning of the 30th when we had cellular data).

After arriving home that evening, we watched the Alabama-Auburn game. :eek:

Kathy

Edited by TourDeCruise
Typos

Thanks for sharing this. Love Carlos Hyde! Go Buckeyes! :)