Would you cruise Caribbean in Dec?

Ranyw

Hello!

Our family has been on 4 cruises all on Carnival and all out of Los Angeles. I'm thinking about spicing it up a bit and going out of Florida for our next cruise. The rates are great the first 2 weeks of December, but would it be swim suit weather? Which cruise would you go on?

-Ron

:confused:

yep!! loved the weather! came back with a GREAT tan (we even burned lol) weather is perfect. I would do it again in a heart beat. your right, about the prices. those were my most affordable cruises...great prices, plus not too many kids

December is very good and the weather is mild in the Caribbean. You might think about January or February too. The prices stay low until spring break comes around. You might watch out for late February because that's when winter sets in and the water temps might drop below 80 degrees... maybe down as low as 78 or 79.... burrrr.

Oh... I see that you are from California so your ocean water temp never gets up to the Caribbean winter temp. And I'm not kidding about the water temps. I had one dive master in St. Thomas tell me that they know it's winter when (if) the water drops below 80.

So, bring your swim stuff, sunscreen stuff, shorts, flip-flops & t-shirts and have fun.

Bob

Searching for Kokomo

Absolutely, have done December cruises

for the last few years.

Weather has always been warm & sunny.

Not to mention the best prices of the year

are usually in the first two weeks of December.

This December I am on a 6 day cruise

on the Breeze, got a balcony for $1,029,

taxes, and insurance included..

Hello!

Our family has been on 4 cruises all on Carnival and all out of Los Angeles. I'm thinking about spicing it up a bit and going out of Florida for our next cruise. The rates are great the first 2 weeks of December, but would it be swim suit weather? Which cruise would you go on?

-Ron

:confused:

Just remember, winter in the U.S. is summer in South America, and in the "tropic" zone either side of the equator, the weather, other than hurricane or the rainy season, stays about constant. You can expect 80's in the day time in places like Cozumel, Belize, Roatan, Grand Cayman, and Jamaica in the Western Caribbean, and the same or warmer in St Thomas, Antigua, Tortola, etc. The Bahamas may be a little cooler since they are further north, but swimming won't be a problem.

The snowbirds come to Florida every winter from up north and are at the beach swimming all winter - while the locals think it's cold and are wearing long sleeves and jackets!

We almost always cruise in November and December out of Florida. If I were you, I'd pick a Caribbean cruise, NOT Bahamas cruise. The Bahamas can be chilly during this time. Also, I'd do a Western Caribbean route--Mexico, Belize, Grand Cayman. Our experience is that the Eastern route is often windy and affected by tropical storms more often that Western.

All that being said, our next cruise is in 3 weeks and we're going to the Bahamas! It wasn't my first choice, I picked one to Cozumel and Grand Cayman, but this one worked for the rest of my extended family that's joining us. Even if it's chilly, we're determined to have a great time together!

Yes, and I am! I love the Caribbean its always hot. Water is wonderful. Now, the Bahamas, might be a bit cool.

This is very accurate!!

I have never had bad weather in the caribbean. Dec will be awesome.

Have fun!!

Yes, definitely. Take advantage of those good fares. We cruised mid-December in 2008, a Western itinerary, and it was really hot. I can't speak to the Bahamas for weather, but the Western Caribbean was extremely hot. One of our excursions was to the Mayan ruins at Tulum and it was so hot there I felt sick. They gave us cold wash cloths for our faces when we got back to the bus.

We have cruised the last 3 years in December and the weather has been great. In 2010 it was in the high 30s when we left Port Canaveral and 77° in Nassau the next day. Locals were bundled up and complaining about it being cold!:eek: In 2011 we did Grand Cayman and Cozumel and the weather was perfect. Mid to upper 80s the whole week. The exception was last year when we experienced a rather cool torrential downpour in Nassau, but others have already stated that the Bahamas might be less than perfect.:rolleyes:

We are booked on the Liberty Eastern Caribbean for December 7th this year and hoping for great weather. Have to agree that the pricing in early December is hard to beat and that the number of kids seem to be a bit thinner. Already planning to do a Western Caribbean route next year!:D

This will be my families first cruise in December. We will be sailing Carnival Breeze December 1, 2013. We chose this itinerary because it was very reasonably priced and it falls in line with my families vacation time. We are use to cruising in April-August when the weather can be unbearable in the Caribbean. Hoping to have nice weather in the 80's so that we can swim comfortably.:rolleyes::D

[quote name='Ranyw']Hello!

-Ron
:confused:[/quote]

We sailed from NY to Florida and the Bahamas in January and it was swimming weather in all three ports. Leaving from Florida, you should have no problems with cold.

-Ron

Love cruising in December. Weather has always been beautiful for us....shorts and swimsuits.

Which cruise would you go on?

-Ron

Gee, Hmmmm, let me think.....I know. Dec 9 out of Lauderdale on the Freedom. :D:p:D

Considering the temps here in Maine by then it should be comparatively quite toasty. And did I mention probably snow on the ground. :(

[quote name='tayzia00']This will be my families [B]first cruise[/B] in December.
We will be [B]sailing Carnival Breeze[/B] December 1, 2013. [/quote][SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkSlateGray][COLOR=Black][B]OMG your first cruise -and it's on Carnival[I] Breeze?![/I][/B]

Breeze is on my bucket list to do before I go -and you guys are doing it right off the bat!
Do you have any idea how lucky you are?

Breeze is like Carnival's Numero Uno flagship. All the Breeze reviews are glowing.
You're [I]sooo [/I]lucky![/COLOR]

[COLOR=White].[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Archived