Dining at the Captain's table

tourmaline

The Hostess is the Captain's Club Hostess.Attends Elite events. On S Class ships office on Deck 5 port side. Usually on deck 3 on M Class ships near Guest Relations/

Ah so it IS the Captain's Club Host, thanks for the information!

Why would one want to dine with the staff?

:)

My thoughts exactly. If I did dine with the staff, I would rather have the cabin stewards as my table companions. I would certainly feel more comfortable with them than the "suits"!;)

I've said this before, but since there may be some new members:

Here I get into trouble, but truth is truth. Where you are seated idepends largely on your ranking. The most important passangers sits to the right of the host. If the host is male, a female would be seated to his right. If host is female, a male would be seated to her right. Those seated at the left of the host are the second most important. "Important" means to the company or host.

I've been to more than 25 tables and I can assure you that the formula mentioned is the formula used on all ships. Feel free to shoot the messenger.

Oh my, I was seated to the right and did not even know how important I was...lol. :rolleyes: I guess I will pay more attention next time :D

We were extended an invitation during our Alaskan Cruise on Solstice June 2013. It was a fun evening and am glad we had the experience.

Edited by H2OH!

Have been invited four times to the Captains Table and certainly found it very interesting talking to the Officers. Their lives and adventures are very interesting. I feel it was something I will always remember and it was a gift to be invited. Would always be excited to be invited.