Taking kids on celebrity

aquanaut1

Hello there

We have two

Kids age 4 and 8 and have sailed rccl the last few cruises because of the kids facilities .

Our last cruise however was totally overrun with children and the kids club ' struggled ' , and it wasn't so great , so we were thinking of coming back to Celebrity. We sailed pre children with them all the time , and had a wonderful time . The kids play well together and wouldn't need to go to the club all the time , and would come on some excursions with us too if they suited . What are your experiences of taking children on celebrity , and how does the kids club fare ? All comments appreciated

you can imagine how the adults felt on that cruise, "totally overun with kids"

please go on other lines...especially during school time....they have so much more to offer you....

Aquanaut1, while Celebrity might not offer the same extensive list of kids' activities, it certainly caters to them and yours should feel right at home. There will always be some curmudgeon who will tell you to go elsewhere, but the majority of passengers have no objection whatsoever to well behaved children. As a grandfather of 4, I enjoy watching kids having fun.

please go on other lines...especially during school time....they have so much more to offer you....

Hi there

Sadly in the uk it is against the law to take your kids out of school during term time so it has to be in the summer vacation time . Being a past cruiser without kids , as well as now a cruiser with kids let me add that the majority of people who sail with rccl expect a large amount of kids on board especially ex uk, but the children didn't enjoy there being so many on board . It didn't really bother us too much !! Even though there were 600 teenagers and 300 under 12 on board !

So it has to be in main vacation time , and celebrity will probably be our choice dependent on the constructive advice received .

Aquanaut1, while Celebrity might not offer the same extensive list of kids' activities, it certainly caters to them and yours should feel right at home. There will always be some curmudgeon who will tell you to go elsewhere, but the majority of passengers have no objection whatsoever to well behaved children. As a grandfather of 4, I enjoy watching kids having fun.

Thanks so much !! I will bear that in mind

My kids are adorable to watch and just felt a tad overwhelmed by it all . The first cruise they went on was fine , but after this trip they asked if we could go on a ship with a smaller amount of teenager s and older kids next time !!!

I sailed with my kids when they were young. They loved it. Now we bring the kids and the grandkids. They love it. The little kids love the Fun Factory. Celebrity is a favorite when traveling with kids. Lots of activities for the kids. Lots of fun for everyone.

My youngest was 10 when we sailed on Carnival and 12 when we sailed on Celebrity. She enjoyed Celebrity more -- said it was more relaxing. Granted, she had three siblings to hang out with (2, 4 & 6 years older than her), and they did have a balcony cabin on Celebrity. I would frequently check in on them, and she would be sitting on the balcony reading. Three of my four kids liked Celebrity more than Carnival because of the relaxation element. I guess they are just involved in too many things at home to want all that relaxation on vacation!

I don't think they ever used the kids' club facilitites because I think they would have all been in different groups.

It's a good thing the S-Class ships have their lawns. Otherwise, sitting around yelling, "Hey kid, get off my lawn!" wouldn't make much sense.

:)

Hello there

We have two

Kids age 4 and 8 and have sailed rccl the last few cruises because of the kids facilities .

Our last cruise however was totally overrun with children and the kids club ' struggled ' , and it wasn't so great , so we were thinking of coming back to Celebrity. We sailed pre children with them all the time , and had a wonderful time . The kids play well together and wouldn't need to go to the club all the time , and would come on some excursions with us too if they suited . What are your experiences of taking children on celebrity , and how does the kids club fare ? All comments appreciated

We always travel with the Grandchildren on either Disney or RCI during their holiday breaks from school. So happy to hear positive feedback regarding young children onboard. Celebrity has always been my DH & my cruise line of choice, looks like we may make it a family occasion on the next school holiday:)

Hi there

Sadly in the uk it is against the law to take your kids out of school during term time so it has to be in the summer vacation time . Being a past cruiser without kids , as well as now a cruiser with kids let me add that the majority of people who sail with rccl expect a large amount of kids on board especially ex uk, but the children didn't enjoy there being so many on board . It didn't really bother us too much !! Even though there were 600 teenagers and 300 under 12 on board !

So it has to be in main vacation time , and celebrity will probably be our choice dependent on the constructive advice received .

We sail on longer cruises and during school times so we don't encounter many children on Celebrity. My feeling is the same for children and well as adults. As long as they are well behaved my partner and I are happy campers. Enjoy your cruise and bring your well behaved children!

Edited by Chicago Boy

My girls will be 6 and 9 when we sail in two weeks. We sailed on Celebrity May 2012 to Alaska and loved it. The facilities were fine and they had a lot of activities day and night for the kids. They had a talent show, movie night, and plenty of crafts which our girls can do all day long. We went at the end of May so I think there were more kids than normal. They actually allowed the kids to have some pool hours at the covered pool. It was on the Infinity, and I think that was an adults only area most of the time. However, in response to the kids onboard, they made an adjustment and allowed the kids to swim for an hour or two each day. My girls like to go to the shows, but we had to take them out of one or two of them. Some of the clothes and dance moves were just a little too risqué for us. That was the only problem for us. We are looking forward to our upcoming cruise. Even if the number of kids is low, they will have fun with the activities and using the facilities.

What's the equivalent of a rccl grand suite on celebrity ?

The Penthouse is similar to the Grand Suite. But, I don't see the PH accommodating two children two adults comfortably. The PH is one bedroom and one queen sofa in the living room. The family view rooms really accommodate families very nicely.

My child was bored on Celebrity. The complaint was the number of 'old people'. That is true. Some can be really cranky. Really enjoyed Royal Carribean as there was a higher energy level, more peers, and more activities.

Disney is a wonderful option as well, especially with children under 10.

My child was bored on Celebrity. The complaint was the number of 'old people'. That is true. Some can be really cranky. Really enjoyed Royal Carribean as there was a higher energy level, more peers, and more activities.

Disney is a wonderful option as well, especially with children under 10.

... with kids, other adults, dogs...

I have 3 boys - granted they are a bit older - my twins are 16 and oldest 20. Our first cruise was RCI they were 14, 14 & 18 and it was the Eastern Med. I liked the ship but in all honesty for me - as I rarely take vacations from work were I actually do not work and wanted to relax -there were a ton of little kids running around the pool and it was so crazy and crowded on the pool area during sea days it was hard.

This summer we went on a 12 day Baltic Cruise on Celebrity. First I knew most likely there would not be a lot of younger kids because of the length of the tour but also the itinerary as It was port intensive and personally places I would not take kids much younger than my boys were at the time. There were a good number of teens and young adults (14-24) and my boys had a great time, Roger and I enjoyed ourselves and my mom had a good time

December 22 we are doing a 7 day Caribbean on the Silhouette. Since it is during xmas I assume there will most likely be more younger kids but I am willing to bet it will be half the amount as on RCI as there are no rock climbing walls, etc. The had the X box experience on Connie this summer and will have the new xbox 1 this summer. My boys will be fine and I am sure your kids will be fine. My boys actually like it when there is a bit less kids. Granted they are old enough to wonder the ship themselves and I do not need to watch them 24-7 I prefer Celebrity as the ships are a bit smaller

Sharon

Our now 10 and 12 year old kids have sailed on RCI, Princess, Celebrity, Costa, and MSC and Celebrity is definitely there favorite..:D:D They have participated in the kids programs on all the different lines but still love Celebrity.. as they get older they are beginning to enjoy all the fun stuff on RCI.. DD did the flowrider for the first time this year :D and may begin to favor the big RCI ships better but I wouldn't count on it..

We've never even sailed on any of the "big" Celebrity ships so I can't compare but we are all looking forward to going on the Connie in just two months!!:)

The Penthouse is similar to the Grand Suite. But, I don't see the PH accommodating two children two adults comfortably. The PH is one bedroom and one queen sofa in the living room. The family view rooms really accommodate families very nicely.

Celebrity Suites verses RCI Suites

Penthouse = Royal Suite on RCI

Royal Suite = Owners Suite on RCI

Celebrity Suite = Grand Suite on RCI

Sky Suites and a Junior Suite on RCI match up closely space wise but RCI does not consider a JS to be a true suite and therefore do not receive suite benefits other than two points per night and priority boarding.

Edited by cruisingator2