November will not see many full cruise ships

Being noticing that a lot of deals are around for November, even departures next week. The Oosterdam in particular has many available cabins in most categories.

The cruise lines will not like sailing with lots of empty cabins!

Does that suggest that the cruiselines are not dropping the fares enough to fill the cabins?

I've noticed every year that there are good deals during November. I wonder if it's because it's getting towards the end of the year and schools are gearing up for exams etc, and businesses towards the Christmas rush and holidays. :confused:

Maybe if cruiselines didn't start out with such a high price for the month of November they wouldn't be stuck with so many cabins to fill last minute.

You have hit the nail on the head there.:)

November is always a slow month for cruising...world wide.

Its between seasons and folk are getting reday for the busy Christmas/Holiday period.

I fully agree. If cruise lines advertised cheaper cruises ahead of time they would easily fill their ships as people could plan ahead. Last minute deals are very well, but most most folk have quite a few things they have to tee up and organise before they lock up their homes and take off for two weeks.

The four nighter Princess Cruise next week is full. I did get a great deal a few weeks ago though. Guarantee, but no cabin allocation yet. :o But we do have a confirmed dinner seating, so while we may not have a cabin, at least we can eat.

The four nighter Princess Cruise next week is full. I did get a great deal a few weeks ago though. Guarantee, but no cabin allocation yet. :o But we do have a confirmed dinner seating, so while we may not have a cabin, at least we can eat.

I booked my cabin inside solo back in April. Only reason I booked it because I got it for $634 cause I thought it was a good price.

If they have no cabin available you will be able to use the tablecloths for sheets. :D

The main thing is you will be on board and at least get fed.

LOL, the lounges are comfortable, just grab a few towels.:D

Its between seasons and folk are getting reday for the busy Christmas/Holiday period.

I fully agree. If cruise lines advertised cheaper cruises ahead of time they would easily fill their ships as people could plan ahead. Last minute deals are very well, but most most folk have quite a few things they have to tee up and organise before they lock up their homes and take off for two weeks.

Exactly, although they will always be able to move the last cabins if the prices drop enough.:D

Exactly, although they will always be able to move the last cabins if the prices drop enough.:D

I think they will fill them alright. If need be , a really really last minute deal will go out to Cruise Consultants , Travel Agents and the like , at a ridiculous price in order for a training session for their staff .:D

Journalists and Travel Writers would also be invited on board....

Now how do you apply for a Travel Writers job ?:D:D

I think they will fill them alright. If need be , a really really last minute deal will go out to Cruise Consultants , Travel Agents and the like , at a ridiculous price in order for a training session for their staff .:D

I could free lance for a travel agency if they really wanted someone.:D

Have a look at the HAL site for the Oosterdam sailing Auckland to Sydney next week, there is heaps of cabins. I can't see them feeling it with Travel Agents etc.

Maybe as somebody else said, invite cruise critic members along.

Maybe they could fill the ship with all of us!!! We are cruise critics

On our recent cruise we were heading to the Meet and Greet and DH put his name tag on that he got the night before at the sail away party. It had his name and "Cruise Critic" written under it. A lady in the lift looked at him funny and asked if he got better service by wearing that tag everywhere lol.

On our recent cruise we were heading to the Meet and Greet and DH put his name tag on that he got the night before at the sail away party. It had his name and "Cruise Critic" written under it. A lady in the lift looked at him funny and asked if he got better service by wearing that tag everywhere lol.

Lol!,, he really does qualify to critic the cruises.

Hmmm...

Maybe DW & I should plan for a November cruise next year and just wait and see what last minute deal we can pick up.

Lol!,, he really does qualify to critic the cruises.

I still have my badges from the cruise, can I get a free ticket to ride.:D

Hmmm...

Maybe DW & I should plan for a November cruise next year and just wait and see what last minute deal we can pick up.

We sail 9th nov with RCI and have paid almost $ 1k less than the last minute deals so it doesn't always pay to wait , we book early and keep a constant watch on prices and cancel then re book if necessary to get the best deal.

Karl

We sail 9th nov with RCI and have paid almost $ 1k less than the last minute deals so it doesn't always pay to wait , we book early and keep a constant watch on prices and cancel then re book if necessary to get the best deal.

Karl

$1k less than $829 pp for 14 nights?

WOW! Sign me up! :D

Archived