New C&A Status Coming Soon - Sapphire?

Annefran

I'm not a fan of the expiration thing. Many people have to take some time off for a variety of reasons.

Personally, we had to take time off because I was pregnant and we now have a baby. If anything, a cruise line would want to hold on to a guest like me because now we'll have to pay more to cruise with our extra family member.

I also don't agree that the level should go between Emerald and Diamond. Emerald was shoved in there a few years ago, which set us back. Now that we need about two more cruises to get to Diamond I would be upset. it would be a feeling of climbing the ladder and then being pushed back down!

I still can't see what advantage there is to creating another tier in the C&A system and I am not sure how RCI would benefit from adding still another level. Did adding an emerald level really make things that much better than when there was one less tier? While Diamond members lost access to the CL a few years back, they have since gained a DL, which, on many ships, is better located and a more pleasant venue than the CL. Diamond Plus has several internal levels which offer more or different perks so that the supposedly interminable climb to pinnacle isn't quite so onerous and I wonder what perks could be provided for this new level that would make it more valuable. Anyway isn't pinnacle something that should be difficult, not easy, to achieve? Otherwise how great an achievement would it be to reach that level. As it is the number of pinnacles seems to be growing rather quickly and there were thirty of them sailing with us on our recent Brilliance repositioning cruise, so it is apparently not out of reach for many cruise enthusiasts. We are still a good ways away from that level but reaching it is not our primary purpose for sailing with RCI and I hope that it never is.

If they add a new level between D+ and Pinnacle, I could easily see them limiting the CL to the new level and Pinnacle only, and send both D and D+ to the DL.

On the ships we've been on recently, the Diamond lounge is much better then the CL; roomier, better view, same amenities, etc. Never get any service from the concierge anyway.

On the ships we've been on recently, the Diamond lounge is much better then the CL; roomier, better view, same amenities, etc. Never get any service from the concierge anyway.

And, even if you do, the D Lounges have their own concierge. The Liberty's D Concierge was wonderfully nice and always checked on everybody...helped us out a couple times. But, yeah, much nicer facilities in general.

And, even if you do, the D Lounges have their own concierge. The Liberty's D Concierge was wonderfully nice and always checked on everybody...helped us out a couple times. But, yeah, much nicer facilities in general.

can't wait to try it out as we are now diamond.

Yeah, but all that is is another bonus gift. I look at that one as a kind of "You're doing great, champ" thing more than another real level.

The 340/350 adds in an officer's meal, bathroom amenities, a bonus (see above) gift, and the single supplement reduction. Much more indicative of a definitive semi-precious stone.

And it is not that much of a perk b/c you only get the extra gift on a cruise of 7 nights or longer. so we made 350 3 cruises ago, but since we do some many 3/4 night cruises and only one 7 night cruise a year, it will be a while before we get the extra gift.