New C&A Status Coming Soon - Sapphire?

Annefran

Hi All,

Hearing rumors on the Quantum of the Seas Facebook page that RCI may be adding a new tier between Diamond Plus and Pinnacle called "Sapphire". Anyone hear that too and have any additional information? Happy Cruising!!!

Hi All,

Hearing rumors on the Quantum of the Seas Facebook page that RCI may be adding a new tier between Diamond Plus and Pinnacle called "Sapphire". Anyone hear that too and have any additional information? Happy Cruising!!!

the captain of the freedom said they was considering a level ahead of gold . if you are thinking of cruising you drive by and the throw chocolates at you :D

I think they should call it Opal....an opal is a soft stone, easily chipped or broken and therefore really should only be used in an pendant. The new level would be "soft" as in no real perks. An opal also has flashes of color, it changes color...the new level would change as RCI sees fit.

I think they should call it Opal....an opal is a soft stone, easily chipped or broken and therefore really should only be used in an pendant. The new level would be "soft" as in no real perks. An opal also has flashes of color, it changes color...the new level would change as RCI sees fit.
Very interesting thoughts. I really hope they do add a level and call it whatever they want but there's just such a HUGE gap between Diamond + and Pinnacle. I will NEVER get to the Pinnacle in my lifetime, unless I retire and live on a ship. :rolleyes:

Actually the way I hear it is they are adding 694 new levels. Each point will increase you to the next level. So on a 7 night cruise you could actually jump 7 levels. Sail in a suite and you move up 14 levels. They're going to call it FTTT (Faster to the Top) :D

Very interesting thoughts. I really hope they do add a level and call it whatever they want but there's just such a HUGE gap between Diamond + and Pinnacle. I will NEVER get to the Pinnacle in my lifetime, unless I retire and live on a ship. :rolleyes:

There already is an unofficial level between D+ & P. 340/350 adds in a couple/three perks. They should just go ahead and make that official.

There is another unofficial D+ level at 525 points.

Yeah, but all that is is another bonus gift. I look at that one as a kind of "You're doing great, champ" thing more than another real level.

The 340/350 adds in an officer's meal, bathroom amenities, a bonus (see above) gift, and the single supplement reduction. Much more indicative of a definitive semi-precious stone.

Yeah, but all that is is another bonus gift. I look at that one as a kind of "You're doing great, champ" thing more than another real level.

The 340/350 adds in an officer's meal, bathroom amenities, a bonus (see above) gift, and the single supplement reduction. Much more indicative of a definitive semi-precious stone.

I'll still take it;)

Also ties in nice with the Opal Theartre.

Which would actually make sense - just so long as they don't "readjust" any of the current perks for the existing levels.

I agree.

I wish I could find the post in the blog where Mr. Goldstein stated they would not add another level as they want to show special recognition for it's top cruisers aka Pinnacle. Does anyone remember that or know how to search that blog??:confused:

I wish I could find the post in the blog where Mr. Goldstein stated they would not add another level as they want to show special recognition for it's top cruisers aka Pinnacle. Does anyone remember that or know how to search that blog??:confused:

That was a long time ago. Things change......no smoking on balconies:rolleyes:

Yes, I heard it from a RCL customer's service representative a couple of months ago and reported on CC board. You'd be surprised what the respondents came up names for the new tier, and I'm sure there will be many more on this thread.:D:D

Wow great information from everyone that is posting. Thanks so much. We are D+ C&A members and just got our first crystal ship while on the Freedom of the Seas this past May. Don't quite have 250 points yet, should be interesting to conquer the next level for some of these "extras" you are all posting about. Thanks!

The problem is they really only reward those cruisers. If you look at the benefit list, other than a lapel pin, departure lounge w/ continental breakfast (and that wasn't even mentioned to us when arriving for our last cruise) and the use of a robe you have to get to Diamond before you get anything on the ship most people would consider of value. Keep in mind, unless you can book a JS or better it takes a long time to get to that level...like 12 completed one week cruises.

I understand being generous to your top customers. They just may want to consider putting things in the a lower level to entice "commoners" to keep with the line. For most people, cruising every year when you have two or more children is a challenge. We can now take a cruise every year because our children are grown and on their own. However, we will be almost 70 before we get real benefits and that is only if we decide to spend every vacation on a RCI vessel.

Just add in some sort of recognition (such as the meaningless silver seapass cards the Jr. Suites get) and it sounds like a good plan.

The problem is they really only reward those cruisers. If you look at the benefit list, other than a lapel pin, departure lounge w/ continental breakfast (and that wasn't even mentioned to us when arriving for our last cruise) and the use of a robe you have to get to Diamond before you get anything on the ship most people would consider of value. Keep in mind, unless you can book a JS or better it takes a long time to get to that level...like 12 completed one week cruises.

I understand being generous to your top customers. They just may want to consider putting things in the a lower level to entice "commoners" to keep with the line. For most people, cruising every year when you have two or more children is a challenge. We can now take a cruise every year because our children are grown and on their own. However, we will be almost 70 before we get real benefits and that is only if we decide to spend every vacation on a RCI vessel.

I think the balcony discount starting at the Platinum level is a pretty nice benefit:) There are also C&A Savings Certificates available to all levels of C&A for many cruises.

Edited by ARCruisinNana