New Booze Packege come soon...

mpoole3

I wish they would get with Celebrity and offer the packages they offer. The ones on RCCL are really bad.Below is the package I purchased on our last X cruise.

Premium Non-Alcoholic Package

Enjoy nearly our entire selection of sodas selections on board including all canned and fountain soft drinks from Coca Cola, Premium Bottled Water from Evian, Perrier and San Pellegrino, Specialty Coffees and Teas, Non-Alcoholic Frozen Drinks and Smoothies, Red Bull Energy Drink and Specialty Waters from Vitamin Water

All that for $18.00 per day + gratuities $145.00 for a 7 day cruise w/ gratuities

They also offer a lower priced package for non premium coffees and waters.

Sounds like the perfect package to me!

So it's 5:20 am and I'm standing in line for my last windjammer breakfast, but my cell phone works so here we go...

When I asked the bartender about the new package he asked how in the world I knew about the package. Of course I wouldn't tell but he made me give him details before he shared any to ensure I wasn't bluffing I suppose.

He clearly said, this package was not to be talked about until it launches in two weeks.

The name is going to be called "ultimate drink package"

It will include: fresh squeeze OJ, red bull, bottle water, "better wine" (who knows what that means)

The price is $60 pp per day.

That's all the info I could get or he knew.

Wow, that's great because now it's a no brainier for me. Don't have to lug the case of water on, don't have to buy the water package and maybe enjoy some wines that are a step above the Maddog variety. I just hope it's in ready to go for my end of December cruise. Maybe this is what all the issues are ; it's taking them sometime to figure out how to add this to the website.:rolleyes:

Thanks for the recon -- hope you had a great cruise...

I would like them to duplicate Celebrity's alcohol packages! Two choices- both with lots of included items. I just break even with the classic one but love the convenience of it.

I agree. We really like the Premium alcohol package on X. Includes the bottled water, juices and specialty coffees.

So it's 5:20 am and I'm standing in line for my last windjammer breakfast, but my cell phone works so here we go...

When I asked the bartender about the new package he asked how in the world I knew about the package. Of course I wouldn't tell but he made me give him details before he shared any to ensure I wasn't bluffing I suppose.

He clearly said, this package was not to be talked about until it launches in two weeks.

It will include: fresh squeeze OJ, red bull, bottle water, "better wine" (who knows what that means)

Sounds perfect for me (I drink LOTS of bottled water - and would definitely make use of the "better" wine). I hope this package becomes available for my cruise in about 2.5 weeks. Fingers crossed.

Ryan

Edited by Yenom

Thanks for you great detective work. I was planning on buying the premium package before. The extra 5 dollars a day will be worth it for me just in bottled water.

Hope you had a great trip!

Thanks for all the info. looking forward to learning the details. Hope it will be in place soon.

M

According to the two different bartenders I talk to about the package it's supposed to go live on November 16. So we should hear something within the next week

Thanks for you great detective work. I was planning on buying the premium package before. The extra 5 dollars a day will be worth it for me just in bottled water.

Hope you had a great trip!

Hey that's what I love to do! That's what cruise critic is all about. I had a great cruise and my review is over 15 pages long and A thousand raw photos to edit. I will begin posting tomorrow. I'm pretty excited to share.

Did you by any chance find out if it's going to be a separate package or if it will just replace the $55 current package? I've already purchased a package for a sailing in February. Just wondering if it's going to impact on that at all. Thanks for using your Windjammer time to update us!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Forums mobile app

I read Jean's message as just a thought about what would make this package acceptable. If, indeed, she is confirming this package and that it includes upgraded wines, then absolutely ignore my previous post. That is indeed a good thing to happen.

Oh.

Hmmm.

Your reading is probably right.

Emily Litella: Never mind.

Alas, I was not confirming the new package. I haven't been on RCI since last spring, so have no onboard news/rumors/gossip to share.

But if they do offer the new package with upgraded wines, water and specialty coffee, , there is a very good to excellent chance that we'll be buying it. I wonder if they'll allow is to bring drinks INTO to the CL?

Edited by critterchick

Alas, I was not confirming the new package. I haven't been on RCI since last spring, so have no onboard news/rumors/gossip to share.

But if they do offer the new package with upgraded wines, water and specialty coffee, , there is a very good to excellent chance that we'll be buying it. I wonder if they'll allow is to bring drinks INTO to the CL?

I agree with you. Red Bull and water doesn't make me want it but if it was water, specialty coffee and more wine variety I'd definitely get it. I've already preordered the one currently available.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Forums mobile app

One thing I discovered on our last cruise because we overheard a couple complaining...

For example, if the husband buys the drink package, the wife will be charged for it too.

They were quite upset because the wife wasn't a drinker, but both were charged for the package.

Might be something to check into before you get hit for 2 if only 1 is wanted. I heard the RCCL rep telling them it is policy at both be charged so as not to use one and both drink on it.

Apparently it is in the fine print.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

One thing I discovered on our last cruise because we overheard a couple complaining...

For example, if the husband buys the drink package, the wife will be charged for it too.

They were quite upset because the wife wasn't a drinker, but both were charged for the package.

Might be something to check into before you get hit for 2 if only 1 is wanted. I heard the RCCL rep telling them it is policy at both be charged so as not to use one and both drink on it.

Apparently it is in the fine print.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

This is just about the oldest information there is, bradsnana. This has always been a requirement, since the packages in their current form came into existence. All adults in a cabin must buy the package. RC had a very bad experience when they first tried the packages, with cheating, so they made this a requirement.

So I see a lot of talk about the house wine in the current booze package.

I know the FAQ says house wine..but we called and spoke to the customer service number, and she told us that it actually covers any wine that they sell by the glass, not just one house wine. She even specifically stated that the FAQ was wrong, and how she really wished they'd correct it.

From what I'm reading here it sounds like folks who have bought it before are saying just the one house wine?

Anyone want to confirm based on personal experience?

So I see a lot of talk about the house wine in the current booze package.

I know the FAQ says house wine..but we called and spoke to the customer service number, and she told us that it actually covers any wine that they sell by the glass, not just one house wine. She even specifically stated that the FAQ was wrong, and how she really wished they'd correct it.

From what I'm reading here it sounds like folks who have bought it before are saying just the one house wine?

Anyone want to confirm based on personal experience?

I do not believe this is the case. On occasion, RCCL reps have been wrong.:D

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

We were able to get the beverage package as a "perk" for booking on Celebrity and from the boards over there both people in the cabin do NOT have to buy the package. We got it for nothing so hubby(who doesn't drink alcohol any more) can use it for everything but alcohol which is really nice. We would never consider the package with royal because of that rule. It really is a shame because my husband is an alcoholic but hasn't had a drink in 40 years would hate to see him start just so I can buy the package! LOL