Free soda in MDR?

OhioOtter

My DH and I don't drink soda, but I'm going on a cruise with my sister at the end of the month. She asked if they serve free soda during our meal in the Main Dining Room. I know that a while ago they did, but do they still...or do they charge you for it now? Thanks!

My DH and I don't drink soda, but I'm going on a cruise with my sister at the end of the month. She asked if they serve free soda during our meal in the Main Dining Room. I know that a while ago they did, but do they still...or do they charge you for it now? Thanks!

I don't remember ever sailing RCCL when soda was free. Charge is per drink, or you can buy an unlimited soda package.

I think they charge for them. My partner had a soda package so got free sodas, I just ordered water as I don't drink wine very often.

I did find that the drinks waitress was quite rude when we asked her for a soda on the package, she just referred us onto our assistant waiter and said she was only getting bar drinks. Once she realised that we were not going to be buying drinks (after the asking us on the second night and getting the same response) she then proceeded to ignore us for the rest of the cruise :( So she was after tips and nothing else, only staff member that I had an issue with!

They definitely charge. The bar staff in the MDR will bring her a can for about 2.50 a piece or she can purchase the soda package.

I think they charge for them. My partner had a soda package so got free sodas, I just ordered water as I don't drink wine very often.

I did find that the drinks waitress was quite rude when we asked her for a soda on the package, she just referred us onto our assistant waiter and said she was only getting bar drinks. Once she realised that we were not going to be buying drinks (after the asking us on the second night and getting the same response) she then proceeded to ignore us for the rest of the cruise :( So she was after tips and nothing else, only staff member that I had an issue with!

The bar waiters responsibility is to get alcohol, not soda. The assistant waiters responsibility is to get soda. The bar waiter didn't stop anymore since you weren't drinking alcohol. Has nothing to do with tips, it is about assigned responsibilities.

The bar waiters responsibility is to get alcohol, not soda. The assistant waiters responsibility is to get soda. The bar waiter didn't stop anymore since you weren't drinking alcohol. Has nothing to do with tips, it is about assigned responsibilities.

Agreed. Many passengers don't understand that. :(

Actually ladies, if you are ordering by the can, it is the bar staffs job to get it :) Or at least thats what Ive been told by my assistant waiter the last three times Ive ordered a soda in the MDR. The waiter that was bringing people their alcohol took my soda order and brought me my soda in a can along with a receipt to sign.

Edited by ryano

Actually ladies, if you are ordering by the can, it is the bar staffs job to get it :) Or at least thats what Ive been told by my assistant waiter the last three times Ive ordered a soda in the MDR. The waiter that was bringing people their alcohol took my soda order and brought me my soda in a can along with a receipt to sign.

The pp had the soda card so it is the responsibility of the assistant waiter to get the soda. When I haven't had the soda card, the assistant waiter brought me a can, not the bar waiter. Interesting you were told differently, though not surprising since the only thing that seems to be consistant is the inconsistancy.:rolleyes::p

Either way, I don't think the bar server was being rude referring the pp to the assistant waiter. I also don't think it was rude for the bar server to stop coming to the table. If the pp had wanted something from the bar server, the waiter or assistant waiter would have sent them over had the pp asked.

The only free drinks in the Main Dining room are Iced Tea, Lemonade (not fizzy)Coffee,Tea and Hot Chocolate .Any Soda or other drinks you have to pay for .

The only free drinks in the Main Dining room are Iced Tea, Lemonade (not fizzy)Coffee,Tea and Hot Chocolate .Any Soda or other drinks you have to pay for .

Other free drinks include...milk (any meal).

During breakfast only, they provide orange, apple, tomato juice.

Soda is not free but you can get free lemonade and unsweetened iced tea onboard. If she drinks alot of soda, by all means have her get the unlimited soda package. I believe its around $45-$50 for the entire cruise and you get a commemorative cup.

No free soda.

You know, I got embarrassed when my wife ordered a soft drink on her package from a drink server at the ice games show last time on the Allure. I quickly ordered a mixed drink from her also because I was afraid that was bad protocol. I've wondered ever since how they feel about that at shows and out on the solarium deck.

As for the MDR, we had to put our sail cards on the table verifying our soft drink package the very first night and our waiters never asked for them again afterwards.

Interesting you were told differently, though not surprising since the only thing that seems to be consistant is the inconsistancy.:rolleyes::p

Either way, I don't think the bar server was being rude referring the pp to the assistant waiter. I also don't think it was rude for the bar server to stop coming to the table. If the pp had wanted something from the bar server, the waiter or assistant waiter would have sent them over had the pp asked.

Agreed on all accounts! :)