Molecular Bar ?

jocelysue

Is there a Molecular Bar on the Infinity? If not, is it worth upgrading from the Basic to the Premium alcohol package ? In other words , is there a bar that serves really different or innovative drinks ? DH is easily satisfied with regular wine by the glass, isn't keen on mixed drinks, likes shots of brandy almost as much as cognacs. He really isn't a fussy drinker nor a true connoisseur . On the other hand I love mixed and drinks can make do with Triple Sec and Absolut if no really fascinating mixed drink is involved.

So if there aren't really special ones on the Infinity I could also be satisfied with the Basic package. Also is it possible for one of us in the cabin to have basic whereas the other has premiumve searched this board, am sure this question has been answered previously, but haven't found a fairly recent answer. So I'm counting on your info, please.

BTW, I do know that one must pay the complete price for a top of the line drink for a basic package but only the difference between the allotted $ 11 with the premium package and the cost of the drink; also that a bottle of wine is 20% less with the basic and 30% with the premium. Since we're on a 15 nighter we wish to make an informed decision.

TIA

No Molecular Bar on Infinity; it is only on S-Class vessels. Celebrity was speaking about rolling out a craft cocktail menu for all ships - not sure if this has occurred yet. If so upgrading may be worthwhile, otherwise it sounds like you would be fine with the classic package. Hopefully someone will have information about the craft cocktail menu.

Hi,

Just to add to what was said above...Yes, one of you can purchase the Classic Package...one the Premium Package...or one, no package at all (in other words, both cabin occupants do not need to purchase a package).

A recent passenger on the Infinity (and poster on here) noted that at least some of the "new" Craft Cocktails were already being rolled out on his recent TA on the Infinity...also, be aware that I have found many of the Bartenders in the various bars are often quite good, and accommodating at experimenting with drinks...so tell them what sounds good to you !!:D...and if not to your liking...try another !! :)

Enjoy

Woody

Edited by rwr235

Thanks for the info. We'll certainly take it under advisement. Chances are we'll go for the premium package so that we can have pairings of wine with our dinner. DH has some mobility issues :(so most likely won't be able to take many shore excursions. So he should be able to sit on the balcony and enjoy a drink or so without having to do any accountingor mental arithmetic.

He will have to go to a bar to get his drink of course or I will have to go and get it for him or we can buy a bottle of wine for the cabin.

Maybe I'll stick with the classic and when I want a fancy martini will have him order it for me while I get a brandy for him. But for the difference in price it might be much simpler for both of us to get the premium.The insights you gave me are much appreciated.

Thanks for not flaming me because the info was somewhere else. If your attitude is similar to that of most passengers on Celebrity, I shall look forward with eagerness:) to our first Celebrity cruise instead of with apprehension.

I think you'll have a great time, and the beverage package will be your excursion then :p. When we were on the Infinity, the martini bar was the most happening bar, and I believe (not sure) that those drinks will be more than the classic package. The bartenders there were amazing. DH stopped by every day just to watch.

Does anyone know the current cost of cocktails in the Molecular Bar?
I have not seen anywhere on the boards that the drink prices at the Molecular Bar have been increased over the past 12.00 price. If so, then they would no longer be included under the Premium package. I can verify though, that the large, regular sized martinis at the Martini Bar on the Summit were recently raised from 10.00 to 11.00. The new craft cocktails were not introduced yet on the Summit a few weeks ago when we were on board.

I believe they start at $11.00 or $12.00. If you search the board I know people have recently posted the drink menus with prices.

Norma

I had seen two menus - one for $12 and another for $13.75. We have the premium drink package for our upcoming Transatlantic cruise which covers drinks up to $12. It's not "technically" considered a European itinerary, so I am hoping drinks in the molecular bar are covered.

I had seen two menus - one for $12 and another for $13.75. We have the premium drink package for our upcoming Transatlantic cruise which covers drinks up to $12. It's not "technically" considered a European itinerary, so I am hoping drinks in the molecular bar are covered.

Hi,

All drinks currently on the Molecular Bar menu are covered on the Premium Package...including those on the bar menu when the Eclipse sails from Southampton....the $13.75 price...which reflects the 15% gratuity added in...not that I could possibly know from having sampled the entire menu) !!:D

So Enjoy !!

Woody

The $13.75 price only applies to European sailings out of the UK on the Eclipse. On these sailings the beverages are all priced inclusive of the 15% service charge due to differences in tipping customs in the UK. On those sailings the drink price limits on the beverage packages are increased accordingly so that the $13.75 still falls within the premium package limits for those sailings.

I'd expect this will not be the case on your TA sailing. But either way the Molecular Bar drinks are included. If the menu shows the prices inclusive of the gratuity then the higher per drink limit will be in place, if not then the Molecular bar will probably show drinks at $12 or less and would be included within the $12 limit.

Edited by Lsimon

Thanks for the info. We'll certainly take it under advisement. Chances are we'll go for the premium package so that we can have pairings of wine with our dinner. DH has some mobility issues :(so most likely won't be able to take many shore excursions. So he should be able to sit on the balcony and enjoy a drink or so without having to do any accountingor mental arithmetic.

He will have to go to a bar to get his drink of course or I will have to go and get it for him or we can buy a bottle of wine for the cabin.

Maybe I'll stick with the classic and when I want a fancy martini will have him order it for me while I get a brandy for him. But for the difference in price it might be much simpler for both of us to get the premium.The insights you gave me are much appreciated.

Thanks for not flaming me because the info was somewhere else. If your attitude is similar to that of most passengers on Celebrity, I shall look forward with eagerness:) to our first Celebrity cruise instead of with apprehension.

I'll just add my little bit, we usually have a classic package but this time on the Constellation we upgraded to the Premium. To be honest we really enjoyed being able to order what we wanted without worrying about whether it covered or not. Although there is no molecular bar a lot of the cocktails in the martini bar are over the classic rates. The choice of wine was so much greater with a premium. We didn't do any excursions, we had plenty of exercise going from bar to bar with our package;)

Does the Molecular Bar serve normal cocktails, in case someone in our group only has a Classic package or isn't interested in ordering one of the special concoctions?

The answer to that is a qualified "no." The Molecular bar doesn't carry a full complement of "normal" liquors, and there are no non Molecular bar concoctions on the menu. I have ordered "off menu" drinks and sometimes they can make them but often, not.

I "love me my Molecular Bar," so on S class I always get the Premium Package because if you order 1 drink from the "MOLE" bar/day, you've recovered the added cost.

I returned last month from the Millennium where there was no Molecular Bar and so I didn't get the Premium package. I was happy w/ the more limited choices of wine by the glass, and was not interested in some of the specialty martinis this time, so I didn't regret the Classic package.

Also (perhaps this was already mentioned) you can buy the classic package and if you think the options are too limited, you can "upgrade" for the difference.

Does the Molecular Bar serve normal cocktails, in case someone in our group only has a Classic package or isn't interested in ordering one of the special concoctions?

Nope, there is one menu for the drinks served in there.

You would not believe how many people stop by, ask for a beer and when

the bartender says he/she doesn't have them? Boy, that is when

you find out who is a rude passenger:eek:

I certainly am not qualified to disagree with the comments of Lois (Hi Lois :)) or others who have much more experience on Celebrity ships than I...but I can give my experiences...

Whether or not you can get another type of drink at the Molecular Bar and/or the Martini Bar depends on the Bartender in some cases...and perhaps on you too. :) On both the Eclipse and Equinox, members of my travel group of friends, who frequently accompanied me to my favorite hangout :D:D were able to get wine, beer and even a couple of regular cocktails(made with the liquors stocked at the bar) at the Molecular Bar...as were some other regulars...however, on the same sailing I witnessed the same Bartenders tell other passengers "nope...sorry...I only make the drinks on the menu".

My advice...be a NICE regular, and see how just about any crew member will go out of their way to make you happy !! (oh, and thats not implying I am nice...I always got the Molecular drinks...but that my friends were nice !! :) )

Enjoy

Woody

Edited by rwr235

I certainly am not qualified to disagree with the comments of Lois (Hi Lois :)) or others who have much more experience on Celebrity ships than I...but I can give my experiences...

Whether or not you can get another type of drink at the Molecular Bar and/or the Martini Bar depends on the Bartender in some cases...and perhaps on you too. On both the Eclipse and Equinox, members of my travel group of friends, who frequently accompanied me to my favorite hangout :D were able to get wine, beer and even a couple of regular cocktails(made with the liquors stocked at the bar) at the Molecular Bar...as were some other regulars...however, on the same sailing I witnessed the same Bartenders tell other passengers "nope...sorry...I only make the drinks on the menu".

My advice...be a NICE regular, and see how just about any crew member will go out of their way to make you happy !! (oh, and thats not implying I am nice...I always got the Molecular drinks...but that my friends were nice !! :) )

Enjoy

Woody

Hi Woody:)...huh? You are certainly able to disagree with me or

anyone else for that matter.......:eek:....being qualified? using the

wrong term my friend.;) You are definitely qualified.

I will say in all my times in that venue I have never seen the

bartenders make anything but what is on the menu.

Looks like I am the one who is wrong.....if your friends were able

to get drinks not on the menu? I guess it is up to the bartender

then......

In fact I've had the bartenders suggest drinks that were not on the menu when I wanted something different. But w/ one exception where they had to go get an ingredient, it was with the liquor/liqueurs that were on hand. They always had diet coke for my BF also. But beer… not usually.

Whether or not you can get another type of drink at the Molecular Bar and/or the Martini Bar depends on the Bartender in some cases...and perhaps on you too. :) On both the Eclipse and Equinox, members of my travel group of friends, who frequently accompanied me to my favorite hangout :D:D were able to get wine, beer and even a couple of regular cocktails(made with the liquors stocked at the bar) at the Molecular Bar...as were some other regulars...however, on the same sailing I witnessed the same Bartenders tell other passengers "nope...sorry...I only make the drinks on the menu".

Enjoy

Yes they will make off of menu drinks but not your simple mixes with soda, they will not serve you beer or wine.

[quote name=sawyer_boy;4064922

Yes they will make off of menu drinks but not your simple mixes with soda' date=' they will not serve you beer or wine.[/quote]

Hi, not sure why you quoted my post, but thanks for pointing out that your experiences apparently differed from ours...I think that's what I was trying to imply to the question asked below...Anyway, hope you loved the Molecular Bar as much as we did...sure am looking forward to getting back onboard and experiencing the drinks (and any new ones) again !!:)

So, hope you see, results may vary:D...no harm in asking !! Enjoy the wonderful concoctions...or anything else you might/might not be able to get there !!

Woody