Molecular Bar ?

jocelysue

There are some "off menu" drinks in the Molecular bar, some which are "official" according to the bartenders, and some they have made up and are their own specialities. I believe they will, if you ask nicely and they aren't swamped, make a simple drink (scotch neat or something like that) if you're willing to use the more premium brands they stock, but in general they don't have wine/beer/sodas.

I LOVE the Molecular bar on Silhouette, bartenders Dummer and Jelena were awesome and the drinks are delicious. All are $12 with the exception of the "20 year martini" which is $11, and yes, with tip they end up being about $13.75.

• 1 month later...

Deck 5 - it is identified as Galleria Tastings and Art Gallery. I have no idea what Galleria tastings is. I'm guessing it was some concept for the daytime which was dropped at some point as I don't recall seeing anything going on there during the day. Molecular bar only operates as such in the evening and isn't set up as the Molecular bar during the day.

Deck 5 - it is identified as Galleria Tastings and Art Gallery. I have no idea what Galleria tastings is. I'm guessing it was some concept for the daytime which was dropped at some point as I don't recall seeing anything going on there during the day. Molecular bar only operates as such in the evening and isn't set up as the Molecular bar during the day.

Thank You, Thank You!! I thought it was some secret room - and was partially right. :)

Just a note that the higher prices (with tips included) are also used on at least the Australia/New Zealand cruises as well.

Greg

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Just got off the Solstice and the drinks at Molecular were more than $12. I had the premium package so didn't really look at many of the prices. One of our group went and upgraded theor classic to premium and were told that servings up to $15 were covered.

Just got off the Solstice and the drinks at Molecular were more than $12. I had the premium package so didn't really look at many of the prices. One of our group went and upgraded theor classic to premium and were told that servings up to $15 were covered.
The Premium package now covers drinks up to 13.00. The price is 15.00 for those sailings that have the 15% gratuity already built in. So, all drinks at the Molecular Bar are included if you have the Premium package.

We had the Premium package and the only place where we had to pay extra a drink on the ship was in Qsine. The Sangria carried a $1.00 charge. Well worth it.:)

• 3 months later...
Bah !! I am sailing on the Millenium , and seems wrongly assumed they had the molecular bar .

What and where are the cocktails on the Millenium please .........please dont say they dont do any :eek:

There is the Martini Bar:D......that is a lot of fun:) but they don't

make the same drinks as in The Molecular Bar.

I am slightly concerned that I'm going on a wonderful trip to Alaska and am worried about lack of cocktails :D

LOL you will be fine:D

Just off of the Silhouette and I can tell you that the Molecular Bar was the best thing about our cruise. Jelena and Suzana were the best!!!. On April 6, Junior Merino, the inventor of the Molecular Bar was going to be on board and he was going to be adding a third page of cocktails. We became guinea pigs for a few of the new menu additions during our last two days on board and they were just as good as the other drinks on the menu. The black mamba is fantastic and is very sneaky because you can't even taste the scotch at all. I sampled 90% of the menu over the 6 days we frequented the bar and the only one I disliked was the Violet Hummingbird. Using innovative items like grilled pineapple and grilled grapefruit put an unusual twist to the delicious concoctions that they created. I can not give the Molecular Bar and it's concept any more higher praise.

Just off of the Silhouette and I can tell you that the Molecular Bar was the best thing about our cruise. Jelena and Suzana were the best!!!. On April 6, Junior Merino, the inventor of the Molecular Bar was going to be on board and he was going to be adding a third page of cocktails. We became guinea pigs for a few of the new menu additions during our last two days on board and they were just as good as the other drinks on the menu. The black mamba is fantastic and is very sneaky because you can't even taste the scotch at all. I sampled 90% of the menu over the 6 days we frequented the bar and the only one I disliked was the Violet Hummingbird. Using innovative items like grilled pineapple and grilled grapefruit put an unusual twist to the delicious concoctions that they created. I can not give the Molecular Bar and it's concept any more higher praise.

It was a favorite spot for us as well back in December. Suzana and Jelena are the best!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

We were on the Equinox two weeks and thought the Molecular Bar was over rated. The majority of the drinks were just ok. I can't say enough good things about the martini bar. Nearly every drink they served us was phenomenal.

We were on the Equinox two weeks and thought the Molecular Bar was over rated. The majority of the drinks were just ok. I can't say enough good things about the martini bar. Nearly every drink they served us was phenomenal.
I thought the same thing when I was on the Summit last October. The only innovative thing about the Martini Bar on the Silhouette was the fact that on the last night, about 1230 AM, the flair bartender poured 24 martinis in a flight at once. The show was better at the Martini Bar, but the drinks were better at the Molecular Bar, IMHO.

The Molecular Bar obviously is not for everyone. Some people like vanilla, while others like chocolate. It's like some people like drinks made with standard products like the ones at the Martini Bar, while others like to broaden their taste buds with the concoctions at the Molecular Bar.

Based on the number of people that I see at the Molecular bar I would not think that it was rated very high. I usually stop once or twice a cruise for an unique drink, but it is certainly not one of our highly rated choices. If I did not have the premium drink package I would never even stop. It was even less busy than the previous Michael's Club which was one of our favorite, but also never busy. The exception was when we had CC vouchers and it was one of the options.

It us good that Celebrity has different options.

Yes, it is good we all have bar choices, food choices, ship choices:)

I guess whenever I have gone to The Molecular I have found others

who enjoy it as much as I do.....the same group of folks usually show

up each night:D.....for me? It is a wonderful bar with wonderful drinks.

Of course if I am on an M class ship there is no Molecular so I go to

the Martini Bar.;)

Both work well for me..........;)

Different strokes for different folks.....find the bar/lounge you love the

most and have a good time!:)

can you get a martini on the regular drink package not the upgraded package

in the ronduevous lounge and the martini bar

The bars will make you a small version of a regular martini or an apple tini or a cosmo made with classic level vodka such as Absolute. YMMV when it comes to getting this done at the Martini Bar. It will all depend on the ship and probably even the bartender. While on the Summit last October, someone came up and asked to have a regular small martini that would qualify and the bartender reluctantly made him one and mentioned that this was a specialty bar that made martinis with the higher quality ingredients that were on the list that was posted at the bar and he told the gentleman that he could get the regular martini at the other bars. Another poster on these boards scoffed at this story when I mentioned it previously, but all I'm doing is passing along first hand information that I witnessed.

Besides the upgraded martinis, you can also get better wine, better beer, sparkling water such as Pellegrino or Perrier and if you're on an S class ship, the concoctions at the Molecular bar if you decide to upgrade to the premium package, all for only 11.50 per day including tip, less than the cost of a drink at the Martini or Molecular bars.