Port of Miami Parking

tmyersc

For my last Miami Cruise, (Breeze), I used "Safe Cruise Parking", and it worked out quite well. Fast transport from the lot to the port, and only a 5 or 10 minute wait for the van upon return from the cruise. Parking lot is relatively close to the port, (about a 10 minute ride) and is under the elevated highway, fenced, and safe. No problems, and less than 1/2 the price of port parking. ;)

"SKY"

For my last Miami Cruise, (Breeze), I used "Safe Cruise Parking", and it worked out quite well. Fast transport from the lot to the port, and only a 5 or 10 minute wait for the van upon return from the cruise. Parking lot is relatively close to the port, (about a 10 minute ride) and is under the elevated highway, fenced, and safe. No problems, and less than 1/2 the price of port parking. ;)

"SKY"

I have also used this lot and was impressed but...... They are not in the same location now. With construction on the Highway that covers the lot they were forced to move. The new location seems to be closer to a residential area which I did not care for so I chose another lot.

Parking at POM is covered, convenient and secure - but costs $20/day.

Parking anywhere else in Miami will likely not be covered, will not be as convenient, and for sure will not be as secure! :eek:

You can save a few bucks and your car will probably be there undamamged, or maybe not. Your call.

FYI -- if you have a valid handicap placard or plates, parking at the port of Miami is free. Garage is normally $20 / day.

Yep, $20 per day, and they charge you an EXTRA day! For a seven day cruise, they charge you $160.

Yes, you can park FREE if you have a valid Handicap placard, but the person who is assigned that placard MUST be in the vehicle. Someone told me that person MUST be driving the vehicle, but I seriously doubt that info. In other words, you can't "borrow" your neighbors placard, and park free. They DO check.

"SKY"

Yep, $20 per day, and they charge you an EXTRA day! For a seven day cruise, they charge you $160.

Yes, you can park FREE if you have a valid Handicap placard, but the person who is assigned that placard MUST be in the vehicle. Someone told me that person MUST be driving the vehicle, but I seriously doubt that info. In other words, you can't "borrow" your neighbors placard, and park free. They DO check.

"SKY"

Yes they do check and the person with the placard needs to have the paperwork to show it's there's and a driver's license. I had called and asked if the passport would work without the drivers licence and was told yes. Well low and behold, leaving the terminal, handcap placard holder in back seat, paperwork and her passport in drivers hand. Was told no passport would not work, had to have the drivers licence, didn't care what we were told, worker had been there 20 years and knew what was what.

Our placard holder, while she stopped driving years ago, did have a licence and did have it with her. :D

Food for thought.

The Metro-Rail stations with parking garages allow long term parking.

$4 per day.

Park, train to Government Center station$2.50, taxi (at the bottom of the escalator out of the station)to ship$9.00.

Edited by fireofficer5

"SKY"

Are you sure they charge 8 days for 7? We've parked there many times and have not found that to be so.

• 3 years later...

My husband and I are cruising on may 15th for 11 nights and are driving to Miami. Does anyone have recommendations for parking? We usually park right at the port because security and having our car under roof are important to us. Has anyone had any experience at the Port of miami and do you recommend it as the best option? Thanks!!

It is overwhelmingly recommended that you park at the port. For an 11 night cruise it may cost you $220 (NOT $240 as implied by the out of date posts above) but you will have the piece of mind knowing you did not have to leave your keys, no one is allowed in or out of the lot during the night, and you can hop right into your car and head home right after disembarkation.

...and just another reminder to DISREGARD the out-of-date posts from 2013 regarding both the fee structure and the rules for handicapped parking (a blue placard alone does NOT waive the parking fees, only having a vehicle modified for the disabled or a license plate issued to a Disabled Veteran does)

The parking situation in Miami has not gotten any better in the past few years since this thread was started.

Parking at POM is covered, convenient and secure - but costs $20/day. :(

Parking anywhere else in Miami will likely not be covered, will not be as convenient, and for sure will not be as secure! :eek:

You can save a few bucks and your car will probably be there undamaged, or maybe not. Do you feel lucky? :confused:

I was out of POM in Dec and I use Safe Cruise Parking. Heres my review:

Checking in we have to wait. There was something going on at the front. We finally get on the ship. On our cruise back, we leave the ship before 7 AM. We wait until 7:12AM and the driver was here. Since it was so early, everything was easy. The places are surrounded by high walls. You do have to leave your car keys with them. Do not leave any valuable. Remember you save 50% so please don't complain and just relax. I WILL USE THEM AGAIN!

I'm a nervous driver and the Miami traffic and streets terrify me. Coming South on Rt. 75 on a Saturday, the day before our cruise, in early May. Don't want to do much that day except grab dinner and sleep.

Any "park car/stay night before" cruise hotel recommendations that would be easy for me to get to would be appreciated.

Thanks

I don't remember a good experience with shuttle to and from our hotel the last time we stayed in Miami. It stopped many times at various hotels before we reached the cruiseport and we had to wait a long time for it to pick us up when we returned.

Do any of the hotels that advertise free or per person fee shuttles have direct shuttles without all the stops?

Would Uber would be a better way to go depending on distance of park/stay hotel we choose. Approximate costs appreciated.

Thank you