M-Class - regular afts vs. new AQ afts on Deck 11

warmwinds

Not talking about the balconies now, because I know they are smaller, but are the actual AQ aft cabins (1130-1133) the same or smaller than the regular afts across the back (not the FV's or the HC cabin, just say 9160-9201). Anyone been in both categories and can compare?

Not talking about the balconies now, because I know they are smaller, but are the actual AQ aft cabins (1130-1133) the same or smaller than the regular afts across the back (not the FV's or the HC cabin, just say 9160-9201). Anyone been in both categories and can compare?

We've been in 8172 and 1130 on the Millie. The cabins appeared to be the exact same size.

The balconies on deck 11, starboard and port are smaller. Those across the actual aft are larger. The cabins are the approximately the same size as those we have had on the M class prior to solstization. As you seem to know the true afts on the lower decks have graduated balconies.

I've had Concierge Class aft cabins 7203 and 8170 on Infinity as well as 8185 on Constellation... I've also sailed in AquaClass aft cabin 1133 on Infinity and have booked 1140 on Summit for a trip next October...

The Deck 11 AquaClass cabin interiors are identical in size to all Concierge Class cabins--including those situated on port and starboard [the Deck 9 AquaClass cabins were in fact converted from Concierge Class]--on the four Millennium-Class ships... And aside from the fact that the Deck 11 AquaClass cabins are new[er] and that the baths feature the AquaClass shower panel/glass enclosure--they're essentially a clone of the Concierge Class cabins in layout, furnishings, and décor...

You are correct that the Deck 11 aft AquaClass cabins do not feature the same enormous verandas associated with the Concierge Class afts on Decks 7, 8, and 9 but they all still feature oversized balconies relative to other non-suite veranda cabins found elsewhere on the ships [1140 is largest, 1138 and 1141 are next largest, and 1130 and 1133 are the least large of the five AQ afts [but still oversized]...

Hope this helps... Enjoy!

ok, I'm a little confused now...:confused:

We are booked in AQ cabin 1139....not an aft cabin, but on the corner. I do realize that the balcony will be smaller than an aft balcony, but the cabin description says that the balcony is 54 sqft: whereas CC has 42 and veranda has 38.

Are they smaller than regular balcony (or CC) cabins??

ok, I'm a little confused now...:confused:

We are booked in AQ cabin 1139....not an aft cabin, but on the corner. I do realize that the balcony will be smaller than an aft balcony, but the cabin description says that the balcony is 54 sqft: whereas CC has 42 and veranda has 38.

Are they smaller than regular balcony (or CC) cabins??

We were in 1136 that was the same cabin but on the starboard side for a cruise to Bemuda in May. The balcony and cabin are exactly the same as those on deck 9. Even though they are new they are designed to be the same.

The glass shower door leaks and the floor gets flooded. After the first night we would grab a few towels from the pool area to lay down by the door to act as a dam and hold the water.

I normally spend a lot of time on the balcony. Will fall asleep reading or just star gazing at night. My time was limited as the balcony is exposed to the elements. There is only 1 ft overhang. If if rains there is no protection. It rained a few times during our cruise and when it didn't it was too cool and windy to enjoy sitting out there.

Even though it is a AQ there are no foot stools because the balconies aren't deep enough. No AQ on the M class has foot stools.

The only reason that I would book a A1 again on the M class is if I could get one of the large aft cabins or if it was cheaper than the other balcony classes as it was for that cruise.

.🎅🎄

Oh boy, not sounding good for us!!

We can deal with the rain, will do something else, but certainly enjoy our time on the balcony. Sun is good, so an overhang isn't that important. We DI AQ this go around to check out Blu. Guess we'll take our lumps and learn from our experience!

I normally spend a lot of time on the balcony. Will fall asleep reading or just star gazing at night. My time was limited as the balcony is exposed to the elements. There is only 1 ft overhang. If if rains there is no protection. It rained a few times during our cruise and when it didn't it was too cool and windy to enjoy sitting out there.

Even though it is a AQ there are no foot stools because the balconies aren't deep enough. No AQ on the M class has foot stools.

The only reason that I would book a A1 again on the M class is if I could get one of the large aft cabins or if it was cheaper than the other balcony classes as it was for that cruise. .

What about BLU? Didn't you like it?

1138 balcony on Infinity was about half covered, half open so you could get out of rain or sun, if needed. There were foot stools for that cabin (at least they were there in May :)).

1138 is an aft cabin versus the others that are talked about on the starboard and ports sides. ;)

We have 1132 Starboard booked. Not worried about the overhang, but would love to have a footstool. We mainly booked for BLU. :)

Edited by Iamthesea

What about BLU? Didn't you like it?

1138 is an aft cabin versus the others that are talked about on the starboard and ports sides. ;)

We have 1132 Starboard booked. Not worried about the overhang, but would love to have a footstool. We mainly booked for BLU. :)

We always enjoyed Blu. We feel it is worth about $20 per day extra. We are not buffet diners and always avoid it. If we don't have breakfast in Blu we will eat in the ASC, room sevice or Elite breakfast. We also like dining by ourselves. So Blu also accommodates us with that. Plus we like the clean cuisine menu as we try to eat healthier. We eat to live and not live to eat. For lunch we always use the APC. I think you will find Blu to be a very pleasant experience. The presentations and atmosphere is a step above the MDR and a nice change if you are looking for something different.

.🎅🎄