P&O Complaints

@Porthole

Hi There,

I was just wondering if anyone has written a letter of complaint to P&O and a positive response. I sent one earlier as we booked a cruise on Ventura last weekend in LA grade. On the Deck Plan this shows and is still showing on E Deck that these are partially restricted, in fact they are fully restricted views. I rang up and a manager called me later and offered me a free upgrade to what I should have got anyway (a partially obstructed view) I said this wasn't good enough, as there was no apology or goodwill for myself spotting the error and considering they failed to comply with Sale of Goods Act 1979. I have now sent a letter of complaint as follow up. Do you have any stories? Here is the picture of the deck plan showing LA as partially obstructed. Check your Ventura booking! I am in a good mind to report them to trading standards.

But they offered you a complimentary upgrade to the cabin grade you thought you had booked. I would call that a result myself.

Welcome to Cruise Critic by the way.

Edited by Host Sharon

I am not being rude, I am helping thousands of passengers who are being misold. What P&O have done is illegal. Some people won't find out until they are on board and will have no evidence. I know we will have a fantastic enjoyable cruise. But I still have the same outlook, I was placed on hold for 20 minutes on a premium rate line, why should I have to go through aggro to get what I paid for. Yes so what if it is an honest mistake on there part, they have had 36 hours since the first phone call and the website is still incorrect, so they would have misold many others by now. I am a very fair person.

Partially obstructed view is half covered by a life boat, when I rang P&O to enquire about an upgrade she informed me that the cabin I booked had a fully obstructed view. This is where you can't see out of the window at all as there is a lifeboat right in front.

Hi There,

I was just wondering if anyone has written a letter of complaint to P&O and a positive response. I sent one earlier as we booked a cruise on Ventura last weekend in LA grade. On the Deck Plan this shows and is still showing on E Deck that these are partially restricted, in fact they are fully restricted views. I rang up and a manager called me later and offered me a free upgrade to what I should have got anyway (a partially obstructed view) I said this wasn't good enough, as there was no apology or goodwill for myself spotting the error and considering they failed to comply with Sale of Goods Act 1979. I have now sent a letter of complaint as follow up. Do you have any stories? Here is the picture of the deck plan showing LA as partially obstructed. Check your Ventura booking! I am in a good mind to report them to trading standards.

Uh I have just been looking at the deck plan. All the LA grades on that deck have lifeboats infront of them. Some will have a slightly better view than others...but they will all have lifeboats somewhere. So have you just been given a cabin with slightly less of a lifeboat.

Did you look here first

https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/fleet/VE_obs

What is your cabin number?

Sometimes Pando do get things wrong, and sometimes people get what they pay for , and are not happy.I don't think P and O differentiate between fully obstructed and partly obstructed cabins price wise.

Surely the only way to avoid this is to book vantage/select and actually choose you actual cabin.

On the cabin selection page none of the description mention any obstruction. This is our first cruise and I wasn't aware of a deck plan, even the help button on the cabin selection page has no link or mentions a deck plan, why is there not a link or hover image to this on the page.

Edited by NickCrane

Booked on Early Saver so I have not been designated a cabin yet. I have now been upgraded to KA cabin grade, partially obstructed. Still better than nothing at the moment and in the dead centre of the ship.

I am awaiting a reply from David Dingle & Customer Services.

Edited by NickCrane

Good on you Nick, if more people complained as opposed to "putting up" with bad service then instances like this would happen less and less. Good luck

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Thank you, it is simply not good enough, I don't understand why others in this forum think I am in the wrong. Throughout my time speaking to P&O and in my letter I have been very polite to them, having not once raised my voice.

Everyone click this link to the Deck Plan for that particular cruise I am going on.

Nearly 48 hours after my first phone call, Deck E still shows LA grade as partially obstructed, this may have misled many other customers in this time, they won't be as lucky as me and will turn up on this cruise and expect a partial view and get fully obstructed.

http://www.pocruises.com/overlay-ships-decks-plan.aspx?year=2014-15&ShipConfigId=6&keepThis=true&TB_iframe=true&height=546&width=820

Edited by NickCrane

Thank you, it is simply not good enough, I don't understand why others in this forum think I am in the wrong. Throughout my time speaking to P&O and in my letter I have been very polite to them, having not once raised my voice.

The problem is Nick that Britain as a nation don't complain enough and as a result we get given below par services.

I myself have recently returned from a cruise on board Oceana and thought the quality of the food and the quality of service was poor and has forced me to send a letter of complaint to P&O. However most of us will just put up with it and accept it for bring the norm. We are way too soft so we probably deserve it!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Very true. Around 5 years ago when I was with my parents on-board the Oceana ship, the food and service was my favourite. It was my first experience of silver service and it was great to get to know the waiters. It is a shame to hear that it is going down hill. I have also just found out that they are scrapping silver service on the Ventura from now on. They are now bringing out all the food on plates.

Edited by NickCrane

And as I said I don't think P and O charge differently for a cabin where it is wholly obstructed and partially. As another poster said did you look at anything before booking this cruise.

If you book a land holdiday do you look at pictures of the hotel and of the rooms to see what it is like.

The reason people are not totally agreeing with you is that you seem to have booked a cruise, without looking into anything first -brochure or otherwise. If you looked at the deckplans first, you don't have to read small print or anything-you can see the lifeboats on the deck plan. Looking at it now you may still have a lifeboat outside your window..did you look at the link I posted....

Complain when you have something to complain about. Your choice to ring up and hold on for however long.

As someone else has said you will be the person on the dining table who bores the pants of everyone has you go into the smallest detail about your battle with Pando. Do let us know your cabin number when you have it.

Just had a call from P&O cruises. David Dingle saw my email directly, and said to the fellow directors how unacceptable this is.

His assistant Terry Slate apologised for this and called me and explained this, they have further upgraded to a cabin of at least JD or JC (can't remember what he said!) Happy cruising!!