P&O Complaints

@Porthole

No I will not receive news of a cabin number until a month or two before departure. Haha yes, worked our way up from LA -> KA -> JD!

I have received and updated booking confirmation stating the new grade change!

I am over the moon P&O, I know you will be reading this too!

Just had a call from P&O cruises. David Dingle saw my email directly, and said to the fellow directors how unacceptable this is.

His assistant Terry Slate apologised for this and called me and explained this, they have further upgraded to a cabin of at least JD or JC (can't remember what he said!) Happy cruising!!

That says it all you are just moaning and complaining to try and get a free upgrade and something for nothing. If you book a cruise you should look at brochure and a good look at website before booking if you dont you only have yourself to blame and get what you deserve.

So you now have an unobstructed view rather than the obstructed view grade you booked, you probably would have been upgraded anyway and I seriously doubt that any directors sat around and discussed your complaint

I am glad you are happy but if it was me I would have waited to see what cabin number I got first as you may have got an even better upgrade than the one your complaint got you

Well the other lower down manager also added us to the upgrade if possible list, so I don't know if we are still active on that. Yes but I don't like uncertainty and I am happy with how things have panned out. We may get upgraded further nearer the time.

That says it all you are just moaning and complaining to try and get a free upgrade and something for nothing. If you book a cruise you should look at brochure and a good look at website before booking if you dont you only have yourself to blame and get what you deserve.

How do you know that I didn't have a good look at the website, I had a very good look and the Deck Plan was incorrect and misleading, how was I to know it was wrong? Jealous?

On the cabin selection page none of the description mention any obstruction. This is our first cruise and I wasn't aware of a deck plan, even the help button on the cabin selection page has no link or mentions a deck plan, why is there not a link or hover image to this on the page.

Very true. Around 5 years ago when I was with my parents on-board the Oceana ship, the food and service was my favourite. It was my first experience of silver service and it was great to get to know the waiters. It is a shame to hear that it is going down hill. I have also just found out that they are scrapping silver service on the Ventura from now on. They are now bringing out all the food on plates.

Glad you are happy with your result. Puzzled though by your apparent contradiction in saying this is your first cruise.

How do you know that I didn't have a good look at the website, I had a very good look and the Deck Plan

So if you had a look at the deck plan, before you booked, you must have seen the lifeboats in front of the cabins you were looking at. Ignore the description of the grade..The deck plan does show lifeboats outside those cabins....but you still went ahead and booked it...

Anyway you will go on your cruise and I do hope you have a nice time..I really do, but do us a favour if you book another one..Look at the deck plans first....see what is above/below and at the side of you...if everything is perfect then please do book it.

Hi hope you are happy with your cabin. Fingers crossed you do get an E deck outside cabin because if you are upgraded onto another deck outside then the cabins are like the insides with a window.

The outside cabins on E deck (other than the 4 berth Cabins) are the same as balcony cabins without the balcony. Much bigger and better layout than than the majority of the outside cabins.

Sue

Hi hope you are happy with your cabin. Fingers crossed you do get an E deck outside cabin because if you are upgraded onto another deck outside then the cabins are like the insides with a window.

The outside cabins on E deck (other than the 4 berth Cabins) are the same as balcony cabins without the balcony. Much bigger and better layout than than the majority of the outside cabins.

Sue

Thank you so much for your advice, I will bear that in mind. Hopefully we will, we have a very long time to wait and see!

Its not an upgrade when you are given what you paid for. If you had'nt checked and drawn attention to it you would not have had what you paid for. We give in too easily to poor customer service and thats why standards become unacceptable.

I choose not to use the word "complain" as it sounds a bit moany, drawing their attention to an issue has a less negative conotation. Have a great cruise. :)

I have recently had to complain to p and o I sent a complaint using reservations email address on Wednesday of this week and I have not even received acknowledgement my complaint has been received.

I returned from ventuar last weekend, despite paying for my holiday up front and my on board account being deducted from my card on Monday, my card had been earmarked for a further 500 pounds, despite having paid in full there was a further 500 pound in my account I could not withdraw as p and o had earmarked this, finally got the money released on Thursday morning but still no reply to complaint from p and o how's that for service::mad:

That is standard practice and happens on all cruise lines..it's very annoying, they should in practice clear the pre authorised amounts when they put the final bill through, but they don't...had a similar problem with Cunard who cleared the amounts straight away when I rang them as I was not aware...I always make sure I have double the amount of available funds in my account to what I actually need now!

Oh and I think you will find it's in the small print....so you won't get far with a complaint!

Edited by Midsomer Madness