Advice on Boarding

champion6

We're cruising on Hal's Zuiderdam out of Fr. Lauderdale tomorrow and are at the hotel now. Shuttles from the hotel to the dock leave at 10:30, 11:15 and 12:00...the dock is only a few minutes away and boarding check-in begins at 11:30.

Any advice as to which shuttle we should take? Are there usually long lines to get through the boarding process? Any advice will be most appreciated. Thanks in advance.

We're cruising on Hal's Zuiderdam out of Fr. Lauderdale tomorrow and are at the hotel now. Shuttles from the hotel to the dock leave at 10:30, 11:15 and 12:00...the dock is only a few minutes away and boarding check-in begins at 11:30.

Any advice as to which shuttle we should take? Are there usually long lines to get through the boarding process? Any advice will be most appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Personally, I would take the later shuttle. I believe you will spend less time waiting in line. YMMV

Scott & Karen

Personally, I would take the later shuttle. I believe you will spend less time waiting in line. YMMV

Scott & Karen

Agreed. The initial glut of passengers should be over if you take the noon shuttle.

Having said that I always figure that I can fritter away my time at the hotel or in line for boarding. I'm psyched for the cruise so I head to the port early anyway. One time found myself standing on the cabin balcony at 10:30 AM and another just starting to board at 1:30PM. Ya' never know:p

Charlie

I, on the other hand, do not start relaxing/stop worrying until I'm in line to board :) with the TRUE relaxing/end of worry happening once I'm actually on the ship. So I'd want to be on the first shuttle, even if it means standing in line.

(The way MY mind works is, what will happen if the shuttle gets caught in a traffic jam or breaks down, or can't accommodate everyone, or FORGETS about the last trip? :D If I'm on the FIRST shuttle, and any of that happens, there's still plenty of time to get to the ship, right? :D)

I, on the other hand, do not start relaxing/stop worrying until I'm in line to board :) with the TRUE relaxing/end of worry happening once I'm actually on the ship. So I'd want to be on the first shuttle, even if it means standing in line.

(The way MY mind works is, what will happen if the shuttle gets caught in a traffic jam or breaks down, or can't accommodate everyone, or FORGETS about the last trip? :D If I'm on the FIRST shuttle, and any of that happens, there's still plenty of time to get to the ship, right? :D)

I'm with you on this topic! Actually, I'd probably take a taxi an hour before the first shuttle. Like you, I'm happier once I'm on the ship. If I have to wait at the terminal to board, that's okay. That means I'm almost on the ship. :D

I'm with you on this topic! Actually, I'd probably take a taxi an hour before the first shuttle. Like you, I'm happier once I'm on the ship. If I have to wait at the terminal to board, that's okay. That means I'm almost on the ship. :D

Yes, I do start to relax a bit once at the terminal. But the HUGE sigh of relief happens when my card scans, and I walk aboard :D Yes, I do like the idea of leaving an hour before the first shuttle :D

Oh wow. That could be me talking. I just have a hard time convincing the rest of my family to get there early but they usually give in just to stop me from voicing my anxiety (they call it whining :D) every few minutes.

Ahhh, to hear that first beep when my card scans me on.... :D

Thanks for the advice. We asked for a late check-out from the hotel and booked the noon shuttle hoping we won't be in long lines at the dock.

No matter,tho....I'm sure we'll be just fine anticipating our cruise and all the fun we're gong to have. :)

Thanks for the advice. We asked for a late check-out from the hotel and booked the noon shuttle hoping we won't be in long lines at the dock.
Normally by 12:15 it's quick, unless you get very unlucky and arrive just after a bus has pulled in. :)

In Ft. Lauderdale, with the port being so close to where I stay, I don't check out until I have to. I take the hotel's shuttle, but if it was delayed or not running, it would be easy to take a cab and not be in any danger of missing the ship. In the event of taxi and shuttle drivers strike, I could walk if I had to. :D

To the OP, you will be fine with the noon shuttle.

Roz