Assignment of GTY status cabins....

mrsfuzzmo

I am sailing on the Prinsendam on 11/26/13. I received notice of my cabin on 11/14/13. I have been told it can be as late as the pier.

FWIW, even if you have an assignment it can still change at the pier. On my last cruise I got mine the about 5 or 6 days before sailing, and when I got to the pier it had changed. Basically HAL had upgraded me at the last minute from an inside cabin to an outside cabin.

This was after I had checked my luggage. My luggage tags had the old cabin number. I had to go to my "old cabin" to retrieve my luggage.

First time sailing with HAL. Can you tell me approx. how long prior to cruise the GTY cabins are assigned?

Sailing on Jan. 6th on the Noordam and while the Documents are ready for printing today, they have not assigned the cabin yet.

Any ideas?

:DHaven't seen you sign up for our M&G, don't you want to meet us????

First time sailing with HAL. Can you tell me approx. how long prior to cruise the GTY cabins are assigned?

Sailing on Jan. 6th on the Noordam and while the Documents are ready for printing today, they have not assigned the cabin yet.

Any ideas?

We have gotten ours 7-12 days prior to boarding.

A month to go and the suspense is killing me! :p

Does HAL send an email or is it best to keep checking?

They may. You are more likely to get an email if you book directly through HAL. It will say your booking has changed or something like that. You assignment will show up immediately upon being assigned on the luggage tags. It takes about a day later to populate under the reservation side.

A month to go and the suspense is killing me! :p

Does HAL send an email or is it best to keep checking?

We got ours 8 days out.

They do send an email but in our case it was at least a day later.

Best to keep checking your luggage tags (as though you were printing them out).

I got my cabin assignment this morning for the Eurodam cruise leaving Dec 1. The assignment did not appear on the baggage tags before today.

I am booked with a PCC and did get an email about the assignment later in the day.

Rich

We got our assigned cabin today. We booked a BB guarantee and were given a BQ cabin forward. I don't know if it is cabin for us since we have no plans to use the Spa amenities. Can anyone tell us if this cabin is more special in anyway than a BB? The date of our cruise is Dec. 6 on the Maasdam.