Royal Caribbean Cat W Suite Guarantee

I had previously been booked on Jewel of the Seas for this next Saturday November 30, 2013 in a D2 Balcony. Yesterday I checked Royal's website when under suites a Category W was available for a bit less than I paid for my D2. I called Royal and switched, was just looking for any insight anyone had in this area. I've seen previous threads but nothing recently.

I have not been assigned a room yet, assured it will at least be a suite. Any tips or pointers?

Jewel has:

1 Royal Suite

5 Owner's Suite

15 Grand Suites

36 Jr Suites

3 Two Bedroom Suites

Looking strictly at the odds, most likely Jr Suite. Would they really even consider putting the 2 of us in a Two Bedroom Suite? I hope not.

Thanks,

Matt

Fishing at a pricing website for the 30 Nov. sailing it shows alll OS out of inventory from the 18th, while the GS and JS categories were open for sale until the end on the 20th, indicating these were best posibilities.

All higher suites were out of inventory much earlier according to this site.

They have been reported recently trying to "upsell" until the last minute trying to get all JS and above to pay up and open JS for W's.

Those getting best suites on recent roll calls I have followed have gotten GS and above very last minute.

You got a great deal as lowest JS rate was $849.

Good luck!

I had previously been booked on Jewel of the Seas for this next Saturday November 30, 2013 in a D2 Balcony. Yesterday I checked Royal's website when under suites a Category W was available for a bit less than I paid for my D2. I called Royal and switched, was just looking for any insight anyone had in this area. I've seen previous threads but nothing recently.

I have not been assigned a room yet, assured it will at least be a suite. Any tips or pointers?

Jewel has:

1 Royal Suite

5 Owner's Suite

15 Grand Suites

36 Jr Suites

3 Two Bedroom Suites

Looking strictly at the odds, most likely Jr Suite. Would they really even consider putting the 2 of us in a Two Bedroom Suite? I hope not.

Thanks,

Matt

Why hope not? You don't have to sleep in the separate bedrooms just because you have them. The TS are really nice, although the higher you go, the better then balconies.

And your odds are based on unsold inventory, not how many are on the ship. :)

Edited by critterchick

A little birdy sung in my ear on the roll call for my cruise in December on Brilliance about the price drop for the Suites.

Going through a new booking process with a JS Guarantee it was a few hundred less than my current room in a Balcony. Gave them a phone call not too long ago and I snatched up the last remaining Guarantee JS for only a $30 difference than my previous room.

Definitely a good bargain for the additional perks that come along with a Suite.

Now I am just waiting for a room assignment. :rolleyes: lol

To clarify, it wouldn't be my preference to have a Two Bedroom Suite 1. I would hope that gets used by someone who has 3-4 in their cabin 2. Would prefer a Jr Suite or Grand Suite.

Matt

Gotcha. Although if nobody books it, then you may as well enjoy it!

A little birdy sung in my ear on the roll call for my cruise in December on Brilliance about the price drop for the Suites.

Going through a new booking process with a JS Guarantee it was a few hundred less than my current room in a Balcony. Gave them a phone call not too long ago and I snatched up the last remaining Guarantee JS for only a $30 difference than my previous room.

Definitely a good bargain for the additional perks that come along with a Suite.

Now I am just waiting for a room assignment. :rolleyes: lol

Good luck, just be aware that a JS doesn't get most of the additional suite perks, only a GS and up. But the extra space alone is worth it, especially for only $30 more (at least that's how I read your post). Enjoy!

Good luck, just be aware that a JS doesn't get most of the additional suite perks, only a GS and up. But the extra space alone is worth it, especially for only $30 more (at least that's how I read your post). Enjoy!

Yep, you read correctly. That's why I snatched it so quick. lol

To clarify, it wouldn't be my preference to have a Two Bedroom Suite 1. I would hope that gets used by someone who has 3-4 in their cabin 2. Would prefer a Jr Suite or Grand Suite.

Matt

Good luck. The GS is awesome, but it will spoil you. You won't want to go back...lol

Good luck. The GS is awesome, but it will spoil you. You won't want to go back...lol

So true. We recently got a GS with a W guarantee and we are now so spoiled. The free drinks at night were awesome and we ordered room service at night to our room and ate on our balcony. Only ate in main dining room twice.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

So true. We recently got a GS with a W guarantee and we are now so spoiled. The free drinks at night were awesome and we ordered room service at night to our room and ate on our balcony. Only ate in main dining room twice.

Just curious. What ship and sailing date? Most posts I've seen reference Oasis or Allure, which makes since to me because of the amount of suite inventory per ship vs other classes of ships.

Matt

Just curious. What ship and sailing date? Most posts I've seen reference Oasis or Allure, which makes since to me because of the amount of suite inventory per ship vs other classes of ships.

Matt

My most recent cruise on the navigator

We are on the same sailing as the OP in a GS. Hope the OP gets to join us in one of the GS but don't wan't them to get that addiction. You are certainly correct. We commend those who can take the leap from a GS down to another category cause I know we sure can't.

We are on the same sailing as the OP in a GS. Hope the OP gets to join us in one of the GS but don't wan't them to get that addiction. You are certainly correct. We commend those who can take the leap from a GS down to another category cause I know we sure can't.

I wanted our first cruise to be special, so I booked a GS. I met a nice couple on the ship and told them what I had done. They said, oh man are you in trouble. You aren't ever going to want to give up all that space...lol. And they were right.

Every time I've sailed I've sampled a different cabin. I'm used to "slumming it" I started off on my 1st cruise in an Owner's Suite. Been down hill ever since. ;-)

Explorer of the Seas 2-11-2007 Owner's Suite

Grandeur of the Seas 5-22-2010 Ocean View

Freedom of the Seas 10-16-2011 Promenade Interior

Mariner of the Seas 11-25-2012 Balcony

Jewel of the Seas 11-30-2013 ???????

Every time I've sailed I've sampled a different cabin. I'm used to "slumming it" I started off on my 1st cruise in an Owner's Suite. Been down hill ever since. ;-)

Explorer of the Seas 2-11-2007 Owner's Suite

Grandeur of the Seas 5-22-2010 Ocean View

Freedom of the Seas 10-16-2011 Promenade Interior

Mariner of the Seas 11-25-2012 Balcony

Jewel of the Seas 11-30-2013 ???????

Do they provide a patch to wear to lower the suite withdrawal? :D

More power to you both. We could double the amount of cruises we go on if we could only bite the bullet.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

DH and I received a Crown Loft suite assignment for our W-guarantee on our Oasis cruise in November 2012... LOVED IT! We were in a D2 balcony on our Bermuda cruise on Explorer last month - it is definitely smaller and the perks of a full suite are definitely very easy to get used to and missed on this last go-around. Spoiled for sure! However, if the choice is an oceanview or balcony stateroom over being home on dry land... I'll take the cruise any day of the week!

Do they provide a patch to wear to lower the suite withdrawal? :D

More power to you both. We could double the amount of cruises we go on if we could only bite the bullet.

Fortunately (or maybe unfortunately depending on your point of view), we only have enough vacation days for one major trip per year, so we like to spoil ourselves. Even if we had money to take two, three, or more cruises per year, we don't have the vacation time to do it. One week is usually dedicated to visiting family, and one week is dedicated to vacation. If it were just my wife and I, and we had more free time, I think we could do smaller room (with a patch of course).

Fortunately (or maybe unfortunately depending on your point of view), we only have enough vacation days for one major trip per year, so we like to spoil ourselves. Even if we had money to take two, three, or more cruises per year, we don't have the vacation time to do it. One week is usually dedicated to visiting family, and one week is dedicated to vacation. If it were just my wife and I, and we had more free time, I think we could do smaller room (with a patch of course).

I feel your pain on limited vacation time, but we just count ourselves lucky whenever we're at sea.

If someone developed a "patch" it sounds like it could be a lucrative invention. Until the invention of the patch, keep the vodka coming...... :cool:

Almost down to the wire. Checked in online today, shortly there after I logged back in to check if we had been assigned a room. Jr Suite 1542.

Matt

Looks like you got a good upgrade and location.