Transportation to pier

Johnkut

We are staying at the Holiday Inn Express on 17th St. in Ft. Lauderdale. Can you walk to the ship, or is it to far to lug our luggage that far? if we take a cab, does anyone know how much that costs?

Port Everglades is a very large port, industrial, and not conducive to walking. I agree, take a taxi or a shuttle of the hotel provides one.

Actually you are not allowed to walk on. There is heavy security and they do not allow people to walk in.

Really...since when :confused:...Not that I would and agree best to take a taxi or shuttle...that's always how we get into PE..but I have read posts that some had walked in..So a little confused at your "definitive" statement.

Actually you are not allowed to walk on. There is heavy security and they do not allow people to walk in.

Really...since when :confused:...Not that I would and agree best to take a taxi or shuttle...that's always how we get into PE..but I have read posts that some had walked in..So a little confused at your "definitive" statement.

I've seen people walking in and out at the north entrance, but I would take a taxi.

We are staying at the Holiday Inn Express on 17th St. in Ft. Lauderdale. Can you walk to the ship, or is it to far to lug our luggage that far? if we take a cab, does anyone know how much that costs?

Depending on which pier your ship docks at, it could be quite a walk, and as others have said, through a very industrial area....not like some cruise ports where the piers are essentially in the downtown "touristy" areas. Take a cab, it won't cost much at all.

Take a taxi. The port area is not pedestrian friendly. Although some will tell you walking can be done, it's a large port with multiple terminals in an industrial area. A taxi is the best option.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Have the front desk call a taxi.

I don't know if the Holiday Inn does this but when we stayed at the Springhill Suites they had a kiosk in the lobby for KSA tours selling transport to the port and also from the ship back to either the hotel or the airport. Stay away from them if you can. Taxi is cheaper and more convenient.