Lobster on Epic (Embarkation night?)

Sunshine101

Was it any good? Worth trying? Coming from Connecticut, i'd say we're spoiled when it comes to lobster...actually seafood in general. When we cruised earlier this year on Celebrity, we tried a seafood dish and it was horrendous!!! We vowed to never eat seafood on a cruise again, but i'm slightly curious....

Was it any good? Worth trying? Coming from Connecticut, i'd say we're spoiled when it comes to lobster...actually seafood in general. When we cruised earlier this year on Celebrity, we tried a seafood dish and it was horrendous!!! We vowed to never eat seafood on a cruise again, but i'm slightly curious....

Don't plan your cruise around "lobster night". It's a very disappointing rock lobster tail. Apparently though, some people feel that they're just not cruising unless they get their traditional "free" lobster at some point.

Don't plan your cruise around "lobster night". It's a very disappointing rock lobster tail. Apparently though, some people feel that they're just not cruising unless they get their traditional "free" lobster at some point.

Thanks, I kind of figured as much! I won't even consider it!

Consider it. There have been other posts of people including us who loved the lobster. Had it on the Gem and the Epic. Had seconds since we loved it so much.

it is not good. It is an oven-cooked, previously-frozen, Carribean warm water lobster tail. It is chewy and fairly tasteless. It is an entirely different species of animal from a cold water lobster and tastes almost nothing like it.

I enjoy Carribean lobster tails if fresh and properly cooked (usually grilled). NCL's are not. Many better choices to eat onboard.

Edited by FLAHAM

Consider it. There have been other posts of people including us who loved the lobster. Had it on the Gem and the Epic. Had seconds since we loved it so much.

I wasn't saying "Don't eat it"-- I'm just saying don't plan your cruise dining agenda around it.

Lobster def worth it, we usually have double portions too. If unhappy with the lobster, forget being happy with most of the food then, lobster night one of the best dinners. Granted, on some sailings they were bigger and tastier, but that goes with the territory, the product is always gonna vary. Hoping on our upcoming cruise the lobsters will be big and tender

Safe sailing

it is not good. It is an oven-cooked, previously-frozen, Carribean warm water lobster tail. It is chewy and fairly tasteless. It is an entirely different species of animal from a cold water lobster and tastes almost nothing like it.

I enjoy Carribean lobster tails if fresh and properly cooked (usually grilled). NCL's are not. Many better choices to eat onboard.

That is why NCL is called Free style. We loved it on two different ships. Looking forward to having it again on our next cruise in the spring. Everyone should make up their own minds.

Edited by jjikids