Christmas present ideas for first time cruiser

limace

My mom and I are going on our first cruise in January, so I'd love to surprise her with some cruise-related Christmas presents. Under $50 or so, everything from stocking stuffers on up. Neither of us are knick-knack type people, so I'm really looking for things that will be useful or fun on the trip itself. I've searched some past threads but didn't find anything specific...Thanks!

Where are you going on your cruise? My husband and I are going on our first cruise in January to the Caribbean. Here are some ideas based on what I've purchased or have been looking at:

- new carry-on suitcase (this might be over your $50 limit though)

- beach bag

- binoculars

- swimsuit coverup

- insulated mug

- ebook reader (again, may be over your $ limit), or gc to download ebooks if she already has one?

- waterproof wallet if you'll be swimming/snorkeling

- pretty lanyard for seapass

I hope you enjoy your cruise!

Sunglasses. Suntan lotion. Digital camera or if she already has one, a card for it. Packable slippers. Cruise themed T-shirt. A shoulder wrap for cool evenings onboard. Small evening bag for formal nights. Tour guide of the ports you will visit. Luggage tags.Hanging bag for toiletries with small packs of toothpaste etc. Travel alarm clock. A notebook she can use as a journal of the trip.

I think the blinking ice cubes as such fun to drop in the glasses during evening meals. Also battery operated candles are nice to put in the bathroom at night … staterooms are pitch black dark. My very favorite gadget is the Witz waterproof case to carry Seapass cards: http://www.rei.com/product/723131/witz-see-it-safe-sport-case Most cruise lines no longer mail luggage tags. These clear plastic luggage tag holders really work nicely: http://www.*******************.com/luggage-tags/cruise-luggage-tag-holder.html (Well, I see the link was bleeped. So, google clear plastic luggage tag holders and I think the link will pop up.)

Edited by 05mak05

What a lovely idea, to select things cruise related

How about putting together some cruise music onto an ipod - 'we are sailing' etc

A highlighter to mark the cruise news each night on what to do the next day

insulated mug to carry around coffee

lanyard with sparkly chain for the cruise card

beach bag

cruise related christmas bauble

I bought 99cent stretchy key holder with ring at local box store. Had main desk inboard punch the key card. Easier to hang on, knew it was my card when handed back and easy to carry onboard around wrist. Daytime, don't like to carry purse of any kind. Have a great time.

• 2 weeks later...

Portable luggage scale (if you are flying)

Sunglasses

Watch

I-tunes or Amazon gift card to fill Ipod or Kindle for cruise

Aloe Vera or solarcaine(in case of sunburn)

toiletry bag or packing cubes

earphones or portable bluetooth speaker

roll of brightly colored/patterned duct tape to decorate suitcases with to make identification at airport and cruise terminal easier

A countdown clock for both of you!

https://www.countdowntime.com/timetogo/editions.cfm/edition/Vacation

I keep mine at work and I bought my mom one prior to our first cruise. Now I use it every time I cruise (current countdown is 497 days as of today ;):D until my next cruise).

And thanks for the reminder! I need to order one of these for Christmas for my roommate who will be sailing with me on the upcoming cruise.

Theresa

Sun lotion

Highlighter for her to mark activities that interest her on daily program

Travel alarm clock (LL Bean has a good, small, moderately priced one)

Luggage Tags

Can of nuts for snacking in cabin