Caribbean Princess still at dock

cjb137

I am starting to rethink if I should do this cruise in March.

I hate missing a port, especially if there is only 3 to start with..

I don't know what to tell you but we missed Roatan and Belize completely and most excursions were cancelled in Cozumel. The cruise gods definitely were not smiling on us and not much was offered from Princess except their thanks for being understanding. I have to look at my final invoice but I do not believe I saw any credit for missing Belize. I would have expected at least port fees reimbursed.

I have to look at my final invoice but I do not believe I saw any credit for missing Belize. I would have expected at least port fees reimbursed.

If not refunded on board, I have had such fees refunded up to several months after a cruise has ended.

Did anyone take a cab from the port to Hobby after the cruise? I was wondering how easy it was to walk off the ship with your luggage and get to the airport.

We did take a cab to a hotel and it was easy, just walked off the ship, picked up our luggage, quick immigration/custom and outside were waiting plenty cabs.

...I have to look at my final invoice but I do not believe I saw any credit for missing Belize. I would have expected at least port fees reimbursed.

On our final bill we got a refund of 7,12 US, ref. RTB&BZEGVT, on 27. Nov.. Seems that this are the refunds for the missed ports.

On our final bill we got a refund of 7,12 US, ref. RTB&BZEGVT, on 27. Nov.. Seems that this are the refunds for the missed ports.

Caribbean port fees are not high, that is one way they attract ships. And that may be a net amount, two ports cancelled, but port fees paid at Costa Maya.

We also received a refund of $23.88 on 25 Nov, listed as "government", so our total refund per person was $31. The original taxes/fees per person was $75 for this booking.

Not same guy then. We were on Riviera. Sad to hear there is more than one stateroom attendant who wasn't very good. Usually the SA is my favorite person on board.

We were on Riviera and had a great steward, Enrico. One of the best I have ever had!

Only one of the scheduled ports but they added Costa maya as the first one.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I didn't count it as anything other then a semi-sea day not unlike Princess Cays since we did not have much of any time to research the excursions when they were offered. I was definitely not a fan of the wall to wall vendors right outside the pier trying to get us to buy counterfit gear. I'm fairly certain not a single NFL team was paid any licensing for all the stuff they had for sale. :)

We ended up heading back to the ship soon after enduring 45 minutes of "no gracias" after "no gracias".

Costa Maya would definitely not be a port I would rush to get back to see anytime soon.

Edited by Dudleydog73

I didn't count it as anything other then a semi-sea day not unlike Princess Cays since we did not have much of any time to research the excursions when they were offered. I was definitely not a fan of the wall to wall vendors right outside the pier trying to get us to buy counterfit gear. I'm fairly certain not a single NFL team was paid any licensing for all the stuff they had for sale. :)

We ended up heading back to the ship soon after enduring 45 minutes of "no gracias" after "no gracias".

Costa Maya would definitely not be a port I would rush to get back to see anytime soon.

You should have gone to the little town. Nice beach, cold beer and snacks served all along the the walkway.

I am seeing were some people are saying the received a refund on port taxes. I went over my bill and do not see any credit for these fees. I also see where I never received a credit for the cancelled shore excursion we missed in Cozumel.

I have written Princess and hope they will make corrections to these mistakes. I also hope they deem it fitting to give some sort of a credit on a future cruise due to all the issues we had with this cruise. I know there were safety issues, but it still was not what we expected.

I believe the kicker for me was when while still in port in Houston, they would not allow us to use the irons in the laundry room on Saturday night to iron our clothes (which had been packed in a suitcase for 2 days). Their excuse was people may try to use the washers, which was not allowed in port???? Ok, so shut off the water to the machines, hang an out of order sign on them and let people iron their clothes for crying out loud!

Again, not what I expected from Princess.......

Costa Maya can be one of the finest port calls in the Caribbean. A few years ago we booked a tour with a native Mayan who was an expert on Yucatan history and culture. We went to the Mayan ruins nearby and had a truly fabulous tour.

While on your cruise, Costa Maya was not a scheduled stop, it would be incorrect to write off Costa Maya as a bad port call. For those with Costa Maya on their itinerary, a little research pays off.

I am seeing were some people are saying the received a refund on port taxes. I went over my bill and do not see any credit for these fees. I also see where I never received a credit for the cancelled shore excursion we missed in Cozumel.

I have written Princess and hope they will make corrections to these mistakes. I also hope they deem it fitting to give some sort of a credit on a future cruise due to all the issues we had with this cruise. I know there were safety issues, but it still was not what we expected.

I believe the kicker for me was when while still in port in Houston, they would not allow us to use the irons in the laundry room on Saturday night to iron our clothes (which had been packed in a suitcase for 2 days). Their excuse was people may try to use the washers, which was not allowed in port???? Ok, so shut off the water to the machines, hang an out of order sign on them and let people iron their clothes for crying out loud!

Again, not what I expected from Princess.......

Since shore excursions are not charged until the final day, you won't see a "refund" of something that you did not pay...

I also see where I never received a credit for the cancelled shore excursion we missed in Cozumel.

EXcursions prebooked before the cruise will show up on the onboard account the day you board. Any you purchase on board will show up that night.

However, if the port for a booked excuesion is skipped, the original charge just disappears from the account. There will neither be a charge or a refund shown.

So check the account again and see if you were actually charged for the excursion.

Edited by caribill

I will tack this on here instead of starting another thread. Seems a lot of negative reviews about this Texas cruise. Don't think it is just Bayport since I have also seen the same comments about Galveston. My question: Is there a better time of year to cruise from Bayport? Right now I see talk of fog, wind, missing ports. For us the ports on this cruise are pretty much all new so I would like to leave from Texas instead of flying to Florida.

Thanks

Joe

I will tack this on here instead of starting another thread. Seems a lot of negative reviews about this Texas cruise. Don't think it is just Bayport since I have also seen the same comments about Galveston. My question: Is there a better time of year to cruise from Bayport? Right now I see talk of fog, wind, missing ports. For us the ports on this cruise are pretty much all new so I would like to leave from Texas instead of flying to Florida.

Thanks

Joe

Galveston does not have a 50% failure rate which is what Houston is close to.

I'm writing from onboard the ship now. We left Houston last Saturday with no problems, and we had beautiful weather in all three of the ports. We're see whether or not we have any problems getting back into Houston.

One week the weather is bad - the next week the weather is perfect. There is nothing the passenger - or the cruise line - can do about it.

We are scheduled on CB on jan 31 and all this talk about fog and wind causing havoc and late departures and arrivals I am seriously thinking of changing my flight out AFTER the cruise till the next day! Hubby keeps saying..it will be FINE but I am stressing!

We always either get a late afternoon or early evening flight. Last week we didn't leave Houston until 6:00pm. Had time to do the the Johnson Space Center excursion and plenty of time to relax at the airport. Got home to Montana by 10:30pm.

Sent from my DROID4 using Forums mobile app

You should have gone to the little town. Nice beach, cold beer and snacks served all along the the walkway.

I agree, the town of Majahual is great. Very cheap prices if you want to do some shopping, great beach clubs with reasonably priced food and drinks. We love the port of Costa Maya and wish ships out of Galveston/Houston would make it a regular stop.