Ravens Football on Grandeur

judy&steve

I'd say there is a decent chance you'll see it. Our cruise leaves from FL, so I know there is no shot it will be on ours.

I would say you have a 100% chance of seeing the Ravens game.

Ravens last 5 years: 5trips to playoffs / 3 AFC Championship games / 1 Superbowl win. Enough said.

And it seems they are quite content with just those stats, and have no desire to add to them :)

Edited by hazeleyez3

I would not necessarily count on it, we were on the Grandeur for the Nov 10 game and I was told the Ravens vs Bengals game was not shown anywhere on the ship except on some passengers tablets. We were in Port Canaveral at gametime and so diehards could get to a local bar and watch, but you would think that a cruise coming out of Baltimore would show a Baltimore game. I was told that the cruise is in contract with what games they can show, and I did notice that the only games shown on the cabin tvs were also the ones shown on the large screen. They did show the Sunday night game thruout the ship, and that is on NBC, so I am guessing that it is only the NBC games that were on the ship (the Ravens were playing on CBS that Sunday, but it looks like they are playing the Steelers Thanksgiving night on NBC, so maybe that will be on)

Good luck, hope you see the game!

MIke

I would make sure to record it at home...just in case! American sports are "iffy"....you never know if it will be shown...or if you can find WHERE it's shown!

Not that "iffy" if the game is one of the network's national games and on Thanksgiving, all three games qualify and should be available. On the weekends, they generally show the national games broadcast by FOX, CBS, NBC, and ESPN. The line can only show the games authorized under its contract with the NFL. As to WHERE, it won't be a mystery and will be listed in the daily Cruise Compass. You should be able to watch them on the TV in your stateroom, on the large screen by the pool and in other venues where TVs are in operation. The Thursday evening game is on NBC and, bsrring a very unusual circumstance, you will be able to view it.

Edited by negc

Recently off the explorer and we are die hard jet fans so when they told us they weren't able to broadcast the game because it wasn't on espn or fox we were upset. Before we pulled out of port we contacted Miami office, guest relations, and believe it or not the art director who located the person in charge of broadcasting on the ship. Within an hour the game was on at the sports bar and in our cabin!

On any given game day, the chances of seeing a game are pretty good but the chances of seeing any particular game are chancy. However, since there are only three games on Thanksgiving and they are played at different times, I would think the chances of seeing those three games are pretty good.

What I thought was interesting during a recent cruise was most games that were being shown came from different networks. Since the rights to the games is owned by the NFL, it would be up to them what games could be shown. The interesting part was that when the network feeds broke away to local stations, there was nothing on the tv during those peroids.

We've cruised during football season for many years on many ships in the Caribbean (including grandeur) Here is our experience:

ESPN Europe shows the prime time NFL games ( TNF, SNF, MNF) on cabin TV and in certain lounges (this is often listed in the compass) There will be the traditional 1 and 4 pm games (though all games show 1 hr later due to time zone) on cabin TV and in a Lounge - but WHICH game of several offered is a crap shoot- it may or may not be a game you care about.

Ou experience has been that on Saturdays ESPN Europe offers a full slate of College ball- these games are shown on cabin TV and in the lounge although which one is shown is again a crap shoot- no guarantee it will be your Alma Mater that is shown- but they usually show the biggest games.

If you are the fan of a consistently good team that frequently plays prime time games- as we are;) you will rarely miss a game while on board. We've had some of our most fun times watching games on board! On our most recent Jewel cruise- the pit boss was literally glued to the Pats Carolina MNF game. He either had money on it himself or a pax did, but he was highly interested !;)

Edited by Familygoboston