Suite Question

MrDVC

Are the suites ready for occupancy before the other rooms on the first day? If so, is there a set time that suites are ready?

No, all the hallways to the cabins open at the same time. Usually around 1 PM, but it may be earlier or later.

We were able to go into our suite right away on the Allure and it wAs ready at noon!

Good to know! We will be on the Allure on Dec 8th for our Honeymoon. My bride will carry on her two wedding gowns. No way these are going to be left in the car or with bell services. We live in Texas and we're driving to FL for our destination wedding. All our family is flying and we don't want to take the risk of it being lost by checking it.

So basically, I'm just wondering how long I'll be toting these around.

Good to know! We will be on the Allure on Dec 8th for our Honeymoon. My bride will carry on her two wedding gowns. No way these are going to be left in the car or with bell services. We live in Texas and we're driving to FL for our destination wedding. All our family is flying and we don't want to take the risk of it being lost by checking it.

So basically, I'm just wondering how long I'll be toting these around.

There is no "bell service" on a ship and no place to leave any baggage while you wait for the cabin to be ready.

In our experiences, the cabins are opened around 1pm. We have never experienced cabins opening as early as noon as reported by a previous poster. If you don't want to carry the gowns around, you can plan to board after 1pm.

I imagine if your wedding is on board the ship prior to leaving ft. Lauderdale that there are exceptions.

Congrats..

M

Ok. So it seems that doors to the hallways are the limiting factor. Anyone have experience with the CL suites on Allure? Since there are just a few of these and no non suite rooms on the same deck.

Allure and Oasis both have a security card lock entry system to get into your hallway on deck 17. I do not ever remember seeing the heavy fire doors keeping access limited on embarkation day. That being said they just might have them. If I were you and I were staying in a CLS I would head up immediately upon boarding as there is a chance your room is done, or at least the stewards should let you drop off your wife's dress.

Congrats on your upcoming wedding and enjoy your CLS.

Andrew

Edited by A&L_Ont

I have stayed in the CLS and SLS many times on Oasis and have gotten up to the 17th floor and found the fire doors closed on embarkation. If you find this and since you are suite guests simply head to the concierge lounge and I am sure they would be happy to hold the dresses there for an hour or you can wait there and enjoy a drink until your suite opens up. They could also be the ones that could get ahold of housekeeping for you so that you could get the dresses into your suite if the fire doors are closed.

Congrats on your wedding and have a great cruise.

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

We were able to go into our suite right away on the Allure and it wAs ready at noon!

While it has also been our experience that the rooms have been available prior to 1:00 on some of our cruises, they do not have a policy of staggered or preferential times for suites v. standard staterooms - all staterooms will be available at or about the same time. And while, as others have indicated, you may find a stateroom attendant who will allow you to hang your garments if being carried prior to the rooms being ready, this is not SOP or based on suite v. standard bookings.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

No. Same as all the others. Once they open the doors to the hall, all the room categories should be ready (varies by deck). Since suites are on same decks as other rooms, all are opened at the same time. Some decks may open before others though.