Buffet Layout

ctemkg

The buffet restaurant on the Golden has a very small and congested layout. Is the buffet on the Sapphire basically the same layout or did they spread out the buffet areas to make it easier to get in and out to various food areas?

Also, do they have food trays? I did not see any on the Golden and they would be helpful to carry the plates and drinks.

Thanks.

The buffet restaurant on the Golden has a very small and congested layout. Is the buffet on the Sapphire basically the same layout or did they spread out the buffet areas to make it easier to get in and out to various food areas?

Also, do they have food trays? I did not see any on the Golden and they would be helpful to carry the plates and drinks.

Thanks.

We were on the Diamond and did not see any trays in the buffet except for the large ones the busboys carried. We were always "given" utensils and a plate as we walked into the buffet serving area. I did pick up a really cheap (~$1)small tray at our next port of call and used it to carry plates to our room below the buffet on Aloha deck on days/times when the buffet was packed. I think they will also use trays for room service...now that I think about it, our room attendant mentioned that was a good way to get a tray...but it was larger than what we wanted to handle going down the stairs to Aloha deck to our room.

Thanks for the heads-up question on buffet trays. We're going on the Golden in December and I had forgotton about this "tray" issue on Princess.

Edited by Duane T
Going on Golden in December....Thanks for the Info

The Sapphire is a better but still similar. They took out a section of tables across from the buffet and made an island in this area that they use for special items (desserts in the evening), etc...

No Trays.

I will try to find pictures.

The Sapphire Horizon Court has been modified so that the layout is less congested. No trays as there's no need to carry any drinks unless you bring them with you from elsewhere. There's tableside drink service in the buffet for tea, coffee, juice, iced tea, sodas, and other drinks.

The Sapphire Horizon Court has been modified so that the layout is less congested. No trays as there's no need to carry any drinks unless you bring them with you from elsewhere. There's tableside drink service in the buffet for tea, coffee, juice, iced tea, sodas, and other drinks.

That's a recent nice change that we first saw on the Royal. Which also has, of course, a totally different (and vastly superior) buffet layout.

We always order something from Room Service the first day - usually a champagne bucket and the benefit is we then get a tray. Not that we use it everyday, but if we want to pick anything up from the Horizon Court and bring it back to the room we have a tray to carry. Simple and easy.

We always order something from Room Service the first day - usually a champagne bucket and the benefit is we then get a tray. Not that we use it everyday, but if we want to pick anything up from the Horizon Court and bring it back to the room we have a tray to carry. Simple and easy.

We also save a try from a room service delivery for this very purpose;)

Just my take on the trays, drinks, buffet area! I thought it was a much better setup on the Emerald recently to just get your food on the oval plate (more than big enough), sit down and they come to you no matter how busy they are.

The silverware is on the tables wrapped up, they bring the drinks. Thinking about recent health issues, I like it better. This means a minimum number of people in the drink area and less congestion.