Allure speciality restaurants - D+ 2for1

teralin

I am going on the Allure on Sunday and I will have a D+ 2for1 voucher for a speciality restaurant on the first night. Can anyone tell me which restaurants, if any, are excluded from this deal? Thanks

Here is the link to the electronic coupons for D+/PC Members that will be added to your SeaPass Card http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=282186&d=1376219424

Thanks for that link. Since it doesn't specify or exclude any particular restaurants, it looks as though it's my choice. 150 Central Park sounds nice.

You're welcome. Here are the restaurants that are/were listed on the coupon in the Ultimate Value Coupon Book......

Specialty Restaurant First Night BUY ONE GET ONE FREE - (Offer includes Chops Grille, Portofino, 150 Central Park Avenue, Solarium Bistro, Giovanni's Table and Samba Grill. Valid for both per-cruise and shipboard reservations, on ships with participating specialty restaurants. Only one guest needs to be D+ Subject to availability and valid to dine only on the first night of the cruise. You must redeem certificate at the time of purchase. Photocopies not accepted).

Edited by cruisenfever

I believe 150 Central Park is excluded...
I have successfully used a 2/1 in 150 Central Park this year.
Food is not that great
Food is always subjective, but for me 150CP was quite good, whereas I'm generally not that impressed with Chops (often pretty good, sometimes not so much so, but definitely not worth the upsale IMO). YMMV.

Thom

Just got off the Navigator this past Sunday. They had a deal where you could use both your and your spouses D+ 2 for 1 voucher and didn't even have to use either on the first night. You had to go to Chops and/or Portofino and pay for both dinners the first night but you could have your reservation for any night of the cruise. We went to Portofino for dinner one night and Chops another night. Does anyone know if Allure does that or was that strictly a Navigator thing?

Tim

Just got off the Navigator this past Sunday. They had a deal where you could use both your and your spouses D+ 2 for 1 voucher and didn't even have to use either on the first night. You had to go to Chops and/or Portofino and pay for both dinners the first night but you could have your reservation for any night of the cruise. We went to Portofino for dinner one night and Chops another night. Does anyone know if Allure does that or was that strictly a Navigator thing?

Tim

I have heard it's up to the Hotel Director....

Tim

This was done because of the high number of D+ onboard.....over 300.

When Mariner was sailing from Galveston last year and earlier this year, we were allowed to use both coupons, tho' as above posted about NOS, we had to pay for both at the same time. I hope NOS continues this for our Dec. 15 sailing. This was also allowed on Jewel last May. So it varies by ship.

• 4 weeks later...
When Mariner was sailing from Galveston last year and earlier this year, we were allowed to use both coupons, tho' as above posted about NOS, we had to pay for both at the same time. I hope NOS continues this for our Dec. 15 sailing. This was also allowed on Jewel last May. So it varies by ship.

Jewel didn't allow it in December 2012 nor did they allow it a couple of weeks ago. Because Chops had a "tasting menu" offering on the first night, they did let us use the coupons in Portofino the first night and in Chops the second.

We are hoping that the change to electronic coupons didn't kick out 150 Central Park - we're hoping to use our coupons for there in January.

Jewel didn't allow it in December 2012 nor did they allow it a couple of weeks ago. Because Chops had a "tasting menu" offering on the first night, they did let us use the coupons in Portofino the first night and in Chops the second.

We are hoping that the change to electronic coupons didn't kick out 150 Central Park - we're hoping to use our coupons for there in January.

Just off Oasis and we used the BOGO coupon for 150 Central Park on night 1 but were unable to use the 2nd BOGO coupon for another night. Not sure how Allure does it but it seems on the "big ships" they don't have any trouble filling Chops or Giovannis.

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

Legend allowed use of both for other than first night, however, MUST be charged the first night. There was a very high number of D, D+ and P on board. Trouble is Chops is your only specialty restaurant onboard that would apply. One night is enough.