Captains Club rip

cruisingourmet

Please let us know how that law suit works out.

Let's see average attorney bills at 250-300 per hour, probably minimum fifty hours to take this to trial, so $12,500 to $15.000 to pursue this.

Being laughed at by the judge priceless!

Edited by maxsales
Spelling

I am ticked off for another reason. We are Select with 5 points. Under the old system we would have been 2 points short of Elite aafternour TA in April. Because it is a 13 night in a CS we will be Elite after that cruise. Now I do not have a reason to take another cruise between now and April.

They could have made the original rules anyway they wanted.

I was working by their rules.. THEY CHANGED THEM !

Yet again someone who likely has reached Elite & therefore lost nothing.

How about all you ELITE critics renounce the benefit on the next cruise if it is

SOOOO UNIMPORTANT.... YEAH I didn't think so

Do you have to twist everything? Elite members are not saying the benefits are unimportant, for myself I appreciate them each and every time we cruise. However, most are saying your reaction to these changes is way over the top.

It was always stated that the program was subject to change without notice. No one kept that information from you. You booked a cruise on an assumption. That assumption proved false.

Had they done that, I would have booked TWO cruises in the next 6 months.

Had the showed the same courtesy, as the whipping boy of the cruise industry when it comes to customer care, CARNIVAL, did, I would had NO ISSUE.

From the 1st time I went on Celebrity I witnessed the benefits of being a captain's club Elite, as everyone went behind the "private event sign" and enjoyed the perks.

THAT IS WHY THEY HAVE A CUSTOMER LOYALTY PROGRAM to keep you cruising with them...DUH.. So I fell for the hype and kept booking Celebrity.

Now after they got ALL my loyal business they change the program. Well fool me once shame on me and I won't let Celebrity fool me twice.

There are many cruise lines and all of them involve ships, so it is NOT like Celebrity is all there is.

It is the principle of the issue. I worked toward something and they screwed me out of it.

I won't patronize a company that takes advantage of its clients loyalty or takes it for granted.

All your loyal business? You sailed three cruises for goodness sakes. By your estimation that makes you a loyal customer?

Remember when you post on these boards that your posts are being read by cruisers that have sailed on Celebrity fifty even one hundred times. Yet you with your three cruise are going to lecture them on loyalty.

The OP has stated that they are moving on to another cruise line. I think that's a very good idea. I don't think that X could make him happy so it's best that he move on and start over with a new cruise but he needs to be warned that they too could change the rules at any moment.

Changing the subject......

Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow CC members. I have so much to be thankful for and I'm so lucky just to be able to cruise.

Today is American Thanksgiving and we should all be so grateful that we'll never have to worry about being on a cruise with the OP! We leave today for San Juan and I'm very grateful that I am able to take a cruise, regardless of points.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of our neighbours south of the border. Enjoy!

Given the OP's expectations, I urge him to look carefully at the fine print on his potenetial new cruise lines' loyalty programs and make sure that their language includes a statement about grandfathering all members to their current program's T&C. And please come back here to let us know what line's loyalty rewards system has such language after you have chosen it. :rolleyes:

Meanwhile, try to have a Happy Thanksgiving, even though Celebrity has made you miserable.

The OP has stated that they are moving on to another cruise line. I think that's a very good idea. I don't think that X could make him happy so it's best that he move on and start over with a new cruise but he needs to be warned that they too could change the rules at any moment.

There are several "risks" with sticking with one cruise line. Another possibility is that the cruise line itself could change. The NCL of today is certainly different then the NCL that I sailed on in 1986, or even that my wife sailed on many times in the 90's. If we were choosing a cruise line just on how easy it would be for one of us to hit some level in a frequent cruising program, then we would be sailing on NCL all the time. But we don't, since "freestyle" really isn't our preference...

You didn't get taken.. you took one cruise and apparently didn't book 3 more afterward like I did..

Nothing ventured so nothing lost.. Reply when you have 8 credits

Did you even read my post on page 1 of this thread? You are still one cruise from elite.......what is your ongoing negativity about.

Tell us how many points you have today....from the celebrity web site. If you had 8, you now have 265 points. That's one 7 day cruise away from elite if you book a concierge cabin.....what's the problem?

All your loyal business? You sailed three cruises for goodness sakes. By your estimation that makes you a loyal customer?

Remember when you post on these boards that your posts are being read by cruisers that have sailed on Celebrity fifty even one hundred times. Yet you with your three cruise are going to lecture them on loyalty.

Despite what press releases may say, these programs really aren't there to reward your loyalty. They are to get existing customers to book the same cruise line again in the future. It's cheaper to keep an existing customer then to acquire a new one.

The updated program is designed to encourage those who book Suites to book again in the future. Which makes sense for the cruise line, as passengers that book suites spend more on the cabin. They may also tend to spend more on-board, but I don't have any data to back that up.

As an attorney practicing in Florida, I am outraged at all of the unfair and unjust criticism of the OP.

It is hysterical over the top reactions and attitudes such as his that maintain my business and allow me to cruise and qualify for elite status on X.

Rant on OP, rant on.

As an attorney practicing in Florida, I am outraged at all of the unfair and unjust criticism of the OP.

It is hysterical over the top reactions and attitudes such as his that maintain my business and allow me to cruise and qualify for elite status on X.

Rant on OP, rant on.

"Like"

Did you even read my post on page 1 of this thread? You are still one cruise from elite.......what is your ongoing negativity about.

Tell us how many points you have today....from the celebrity web site. If you had 8, you now have 265 points. That's one 7 day cruise away from elite if you book a concierge cabin.....what's the problem?

OP's problem is that he will need a 7 night sailing to reach Elite but only booked a 3-nighter.

"I had planned a 3 day cruise in CC in Jan specifically so my transatlantic would be as ELITE."

I am ticked off for another reason. We are Select with 5 points. Under the old system we would have been 2 points short of Elite after our TA in April. Because it is a 13 night in a CS we will be Elite after that cruise. Now I do not have a reason to take another cruise between now and April.

Priceless! :D:D

OP's problem is that he will need a 7 night sailing to reach Elite but only booked a 3-nighter.

"I had planned a 3 day cruise in CC in Jan specifically so my transatlantic would be as ELITE."

With all the chatter for months and even years about the anticipated changes to the Captain's Club Program, maybe the OP should have taken his 3 nighter last weekend. We all knew it was going to be tougher to get to Elite once the changes were made even though we didn't know exactly what was coming. :rolleyes:

I have a very serious suggestion for the OP.

Cancel your 3-day cruise.

Take the money the 3-day cruise would have cost and use it to buy as many drinks, internet minutes, pieces of laundry, etc. on your TA that you feel would have been the equivalent of the "free" things you feel you would have gotten had you made Elite.

OP's booked cruise is only a 3 day, which would only give him/her 15 points, not 35 points needed to become Elite so they can abide in the free free drinks, laundry and internet.

I have a simple solution. Since the Elite cocktail party seems to be the most expensive perk, per the OPs figures, the OP should book another 3 day cruise at $300 and then when he becomes elite, he should drink twice as much as he/she has anticipated and then he/she will have won out and make Celebrity pay more for him/her to be a customer. If you drink an additional $300 worth of the free drinks at the cocktail party, it would be a wash.

Seriously, all this fuss over some free drinks. If the OP didn't YELL during all his/her posts, I would offer to buy them a few drinks if we were ever on a cruise together, but with all the YELLING, I just can't bring myself to make that offer.

On a side note, Happy Thanksgiving to all and since today is a day to be thankful. I am thankful that I am able to cruise, when so many only dream about it. I'm thankful that I have my health. I'm thankful that not getting a few free drinks, some free laundry and some free internet minutes is not the end of the world for me. I'm thankful that my Travel Agent will be booking a new Celebrity cruise for me under the 123 promotion (first time using a promotion) tomorrow and that I'll be taking the OBC.

Edited by NLH Arizona

They do have quickies to the Bahamas. And since the OP lives in southern Florida, that's why I suggested he just cancel it and use the money to buy his own drinks and laundry. I'm sure he's past final payment, but he can invoke the Celebrity insurance 75% "cancel for any reason" clause.

Heaven forbid that a loved one becomes sick or dies and would have caused him to miss that cruise and his opportunity to become Elite under the old rules. I can just see him raging against his poor sick or dead relative.

I feel like I am reading a thread from another "C" titled cruise line board...:rolleyes:

Is that a cheap shot at Carnival - or maybe Celebration, Clipper, Crystal, Clipper, Cunard?

Virtually, no one who had a plan to reach a certain level on Carnival when they switched to a day based system were disappointed (screwed). They gave everyone almost a year and half for people to book and complete cruises under the old plan. They ran the two systems simultaneously 10 cruises or 75 days. At the end of the year and a half (next month) it goes to strictly 75 days cruised.

:)

Rant on OP, rant on.

Where in Fl do you practice?