Owners Suite on Adventure OTS...worth it?

My wife and I are looking at the Adventure of the seas or the celebrity silhouette for April 2014. This is our first cruise without kids so we want something nicer and more upscale. Two questions...which ship would be best and is the owners suite worth the money?

Worth it? Depends on how much you are comfortable spending. We prefer a Grand Suite to an Owner's Suite. The OS has a table with 4 chairs; the GS does not. We don't often eat a meal in the cabin, so that doesn't matter to us. We don't like the free-standing TV between the bed area and sitting area in an OS. We usually see at least $100 pp per day higher for OS than GS. It is certainly not worth that much to us.

Yes, rarely there is a deal on OS. We got our OS on Indy last Jan. for about the same price we ususally pay for a GS, so we went for it. However, we wouldn't do it again unless it was less than the GS for reasons stated above. You can google for pictures of an OS.

I believe the bathroom of the OS has a separate shower and bath, plus a bidet.

Yes it does. On our recent Adventure cruise we went on a cabin crawl which included an owners suite. The gentleman showing us around explained that in his opinion the suite was excellent value for money. The first two guests had paid $2500 each but the third and fourth passenger only paid $500 each, an average price of $1500 for two weeks. Not bad for such a lovely cabin.

The balcony in an OS is tiny and a lot of steel sections to block your view partially.

You just have enough room for 2 chairs and a small table.A 3rd person has to stand and makes the balcony cramped.

We were really disappointed with the balcony and have larger ones in a JS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The balcony in an OS is tiny and a lot of steel sections to block your view partially.

You just have enough room for 2 chairs and a small table.A 3rd person has to stand and makes the balcony cramped.

We were really disappointed with the balcony and have larger ones in a JS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are so right! Because the Adventure of the Seas has what is called an "in hull balcony" it's limited to about half the size of the stateroom, as the bedroom continues out to the hull.

That should be the only complaint about the Adventure OS cabins. We normally sail in OS's, as of recent more GS's, as we are not entertaining as we used to. We like the OS because of the real estate. If you are looking for a suite that will take care of just the two of you, yet want to eat in, a GS is fine, as they bring in the outside table, and set it up for dining for two.

When we travel in an OS, we normally have another couple in....once or more during our cruise, and want the ability to be able to seat 4. We have, in the past, had a few parties, which, when standing, we have had as many as 45 people attend.

We no longer have the type of parties that we once had, and now only invite one couple at a time..........so a GS is great for us.

What is it, exactly, that you are looking for in an OS or GS? Room?.....bathroom?.........balcony?......space??:) Royal Caribbean does not do anything special for those in a suite, save for the Concierge Lounge.

Yes, priority check in, bla bla bla, but nothing, such as Celebrity has butler service........you won't find it on Royal Caribbean. We book them because we want our space.

Whatever you pick, enjoy your cruise, and come back and tell us about your cabin, and cruise!;)

Rick

In case you are not familiar with the amenities offered by Royal Caribbean, here is some information taken from the RC website.

Enhanced Program for Suite Guests Staying in the following suites*:

Royal Suite, Royal Family Suite, Presidential Family Suite, Owner's Suite, Grand Suite

Oasis Class: Royal Loft Suite, Sky Loft Suite, AquaTheater Suite & Crown Loft Suite

*Excludes Junior Suites

[*]Priority check-in

[*] Personalized attention throughout the cruise with complimentary Concierge Club service on select ships

[*] Reserved prime seating in the main theater for entertainment shows, where available

[*] Priority tender tickets on select cruises. (Tender service is provided when smaller vessels are necessary to reach shore in locations without docking ports large enough for cruise ships.)

[*] VIP pool deck seating, where available

[*] Full breakfast, lunch and dinner dining room menus available for in-room dining

[*] Private breakfast and lunch seating in specialty restaurants on our Voyager and Freedom Class ships

[*] Mattel® board games available to order for in-room entertainment for the kids

[*] Complimentary luggage valet service

[*] Luxury spa bathrobes for use onboard

[*] Complimentary pressing service on formal night

[*] Priority departure with exclusive suite* departure lounge featuring continental breakfast

Happy Cruising whichever you choose!

We enjoyed staying in an OS last December on Mariner of the Seas. If you're interested in seeing pictures, you might like to look at my wife's slide show. The link below will take you right to it. We have an OS booked for our cruise next month on the Adventure of the Seas.

Owner's Suite on Mariner of the Seas

Lovely photos, the Owners Suite looks great :)

My wife and I are looking at the Adventure of the seas or the celebrity silhouette for April 2014. This is our first cruise without kids so we want something nicer and more upscale. Two questions...which ship would be best and is the owners suite worth the money?

Since no one else did, I'll answer the "which ship would be best" question.

Knowing you can't go wrong because both are great, Silhouette is newer and probably is a bit more upscale. We choose Celebrity for our adults only cruises because they are a little more elegant, fewer kids (though that may not be the case in April when both lines are sure to have families on spring break).

I feel like Celebrity is a little more special. For a wonderful photo review of Silhouette, go to http://www.cruisewithgambee.com and check out his photos.

We haven't sailed on a Celebrity ship yet so can't comment on that. For us an Owner's suite is worth it.

Happy Cruising!

If this is just for you and your wife then Celebrity all the way. The Adventure is nice but as mentioned the balcony on the first three Voyager class ships are much smaller in the OS suites. We had the Royal Suite on the Adventure and it felt closed in due to the steel structure.

The Silhouette is only a few years old. You will find that most agree Celebrity has better food across the board. Love their specialty dining choices. Celebrity has a more upscale feel with less kids as that is not their main focus like RCI. We were on the Reflection in March of this year and there were very few kids on board.

If you want a suite take a look at the Celebrity Or Royal suite. They are equivalent to the Grand and Owners on RCI. Both come with a butler.

Edited by cruisingator2

We recently sailed in an owners suite on the Explorer, it was fantastic, we got a deal that was hard to turn down, we usually cruise in a Grand Suite, which we really like, it is also the perfect amount of room and storage for us, if we could we would do the owners but $$$$ they are a bit more, they are very nice and we thoroughly enjoyed all the amenities.

To the OP. If I had the choice of RCCL or Celebrity..........which I overlooked on my previous posting..........I would take Celebrity in a heartbeat.

Looking at on OS on Adventure, vs what would be equivilent on Celebrity, would be a Royal suite.

I cannot say that they are the same, except for the size of the cabin. Celebrity offers butler service, and they have spoiled us, as they will you. We only travel in Royal Suites on Celebrity, and love the service.

Sorry I did not pick up on this on my original post. Celebrity has a new CEO, and Michael is turning this company around.

We have several cruises booked with Celebrity for the 2014 year.:)

Rick

For the 2 of you, if you can get a suit on Celebrity - I would go that route in a heartbeat! We've not done the Owner's Suite, but have done the Grand Suites and just returned from a suite on the Celebrity Reflection (same class). Butler service was amazing! I would go Celebrity!

Our balcony was narrow but we really enjoyed it and look forward to using the one we will have on our cruise next month. I'll try to insert a picture of the one we enjoyed last December.

Stop comparing apples to oranges. The balconies of the Mariner's Owner Suites are about 157 sq ft in size, approximately 70% larger than the the balconies of the Owner Suites (about 90 sq. ft) on the Adventure of the Seas.

Even though both ships are in the Voyager Class, the Mariner was built in 2003, 2 years after the AOS.

If you are looking for "perks"...NCL has the best "suite perks" going!

I completely agree with you, but I would only limit them to S1 (GV), S2 and S3 on an NCL ship with Haven, otherwise the differentials of the suite perks between NCL and RCL are relatively minor.

CrusingGator2 is right - I would pick the Royal Suites (better still, pay a little (actually often a lot more) more for either PH 1616 or 1611) on the Silhouette over the OSs on the AOS in a heartbeat. You would have your butler, a much larger balcony (about 160 sq ft ) with an outdoor jacuzzi. Moreover, the Silhouette has incredible restaurants: the Murano, Tuscan Grill and Q-sine. Also, the Molecular Bar is absolutely brilliant.

CrusingGator2 is right - I would pick the Royal Suites (better still, pay a little (actually often a lot more) more for either PH 1616 or 1611) on the Silhouette over the OSs on the AOS in a heartbeat. You would have your butler, a much larger balcony (about 160 sq ft ) with an outdoor jacuzzi. Moreover, the Silhouette has incredible restaurants: the Murano, Tuscan Grill and Q-sine. Also, the Molecular Bar is absolutely brilliant.

We love the Adventure's OS and have stayed at a Celebrity Suite and Royal suite on a couple of Solstice Class ships. Besides the small balcony my only concern about the Adventure is when exactly is the OP cruising, before or after the 2014 revitalization. If the cruise is before the revitalization I will go with the Silhouette, if they are cruising after, then he can't go wrong. Both suite programs are great, we didn't use the butler too much in Celebrity. If the OP is traveling without friends, the Concierge Lounge is a great place to mingle. We cruise based on itineraries, smoking policy, quality of services and overall experience.

The only negative that I had with the Royal Suite on X was the jacuzzi on the balcony. I wish that they could have turned it the other way as they did with the Signature suites. It takes up a lot of space. Other than that it was a much nicer suite over the OS on RCI due to the bedroom being a separate room and walk in closet with more space.

OP I have photos of the Royal Suite in my photo link below. It would be under the Celebrity Reflection. By the way the Silhouette and Reflection are very similar with only slight changes.

Edited by cruisingator2