Bon Voyage Dave (DMWNC1959)!!!

sunsetbeachgal

A list of some of the complimentary TV shows and movies currently playing on the In Stateroom entertainment system:

TV SHOWS

- The Love Boat

- New Girl

- Raising Hope

- Mike and Molly

- Parks and Recreation

- The Middle

- Veep

- Cougar Town

- It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

- How I Met Your Mother

- 30 Rock

- Bones

- Dexter

- Homeland

- Goodwife

- NCIS

- Boardwalk Empire

- Greys Anatomy

- Mad Men

- The Newsroom

MOVIES

- Elysium

- Man of Steel

- Star Trek Into Darkness

- The Heat

- World War Z

- Searching for Sugarman

- The Lone Ranger

- White House Down

- After Earth

- Fast and Furious 6

- Olympus Has Fallen

- Iron Man 3

- Skyfall

- Oblivion

- The Hobbit (Part 1)

- Parkland

- Jobs

- The Great Gatsby

- Life of Pi

- Flight

- Turbo

- Brave

- The Croods

- Oz The Great and Powerful

11361712415_86e09d0338_c.jpg

11361712765_b4386c2774_c.jpg

11361712775_4003aebedf_c.jpg

Dave, it's been another amazing week of following this thread. I'm a bit sad that it will come to an end tomorrow. Again, I have really enjoyed your pictures and comments. My wife and I just booked the Regal Princess for the Nov. 9, 2014 (maiden caribbean voyage). We actually got the same cabin we had on the Royal Princess this past November 3rd. The Royal was our best cruise ever, hoping the Regal will be the same.

Dave, hope all your cruising adventures will give you that WOW effect like you just experienced on the Royal. Happy Cruising!!!!!

Cheers - Ken & Darlene

I had not originally planned on doing a Live thread, and want to say THANK YOU to sunsetbeachgal (Carol) for starting this thread, and for everyone's Bon Voyage Wishes that truly encouraged me to want to share my experiences aboard Royal Princess with you.

There are sooooo many people that have come before me, that have commented on the many other Live threads and reviews, and without you I could have never properly adjusted my expectations prior to embarking in Fort Lauderdale.

Tomorrow is going to be a very busy day, trying to do everything again 'for the first time' that I've already done in these past 13 days. Lots of final experiences to make sure are checked off that 'List', a final Bellini, parting goodbye's to my fellow Cruise Critic shipmates who have each added something very special to my time here, and yes, the dreaded packing of everything back into the suitcase.

I'm really glad that all of you have enjoyed the pictures and updates, and there will be a couple more coming in my final remaining hours aboard Royal Princess.

Stay tuned.... ;)

Stealing someones description of your photos, astonishing !! DW and I were on the 11/17

Royal Cruise. Enjoyed it. We were leery as others, after hearing so much negative

comments. Some are warranted,but it's a beautiful , new ship. Also, like others have

said , Dave has taken photos, or pointed out things we didn't see or do . Amazing. We

all have to sail again. We ate in the Dining room twice, it was very good, but for

various reasons we ate in Buffett , which was very good, also Alfredos.

Thank you Dave !!!! Enjoy your last day on the Royal.

I had not originally planned on doing a Live thread, and want to say THANK YOU to sunsetbeachgal (Carol) for starting this thread, and for everyone's Bon Voyage Wishes that truly encouraged me to want to share my experiences aboard Royal Princess with you.

There are sooooo many people that have come before me, that have commented on the many other Live threads and reviews, and without you I could have never properly adjusted my expectations prior to embarking in Fort Lauderdale.

Tomorrow is going to be a very busy day, trying to do everything again 'for the first time' that I've already done in these past 13 days. Lots of final experiences to make sure are checked off that 'List', a final Bellini, parting goodbye's to my fellow Cruise Critic shipmates who have each added something very special to my time here, and yes, the dreaded packing of everything back into the suitcase.

I'm really glad that all of you have enjoyed the pictures and updates, and there will be a couple more coming in my final remaining hours aboard Royal Princess.

Stay tuned.... ;)

Dave- it's been fun! Safe home.

Norris

Enjoy your last day on board Dave. It's been fun following your adventures in dining. I am envious of all the variety available to people who do not restrict their diet. Actually Princess needs to up the game for vegetarians. It's getting pretty boring, and they can do a lot better.

I haven't yet written to Princess about their vegetarian offerings but I plan to.

Your pictures were just great.

Dave I agree with everyone about how awesome your photos are and generous you gave been with your time. This has really been the best live from, I really felt like I was with you guys on the Royal. Just a month and a half until I board for a short seven days.

Dear Dave,

Thank you sooooooo much for your beautiful photos and incredible descriptions of the Royal these past 2 weeks! I have looked forward to my daily "fix. You have kept my excitement level off the charts. I can't wait to board the Royal on January 5 with.my daughter! You are a true gem! Thanks again :-).

I have been following along from the start. Your Live From has eliminated my concerns about this ship.

We are booked on a Baltic next summer and are now counting down the days.

I'm saving this thread for all the things that are must dos.

Judy

Your tour in Ft. Lauderdale should be very interesting on Sunday! Tonight is the highly anticipated Winterfest Boat Parade which will cruise easterly on the New River in Fort Lauderdale and then north on the Intracoastal to end in Lake Santa Barbara in Pompano Beach. This parade has a 12-nautical-mile route. Many of the "McMansions" on the route decorate their homes for this show.

Enjoy your last day at sea and your tour on Sunday. And thank you again for your daily updates!!!!

A little more information on the boat parade (quoted from their website http://www.winterfestparade.com/)

"The Greatest Show on H2O - World's Most Watched Boat Parade. Winterfest is best known for it's one of a kind Boat Parade celebrating 42 years.

The Celebration primarily involves a series of events scheduled for December. Florida residents and visitors eagerly anticipate WINTERFEST each year. The events make the holiday season come alive in sunny South Florida.

Winterfest is recognized as the 7th largest spectator event in the country and the largest event in Florida based on number of attendees. The Parade attracts over one million parade spectators and is televised nationally to millions of homes. Winterfest has had an economic impact on Broward County of over $48 million per year."

Edited by Jen2213

It was a fun challenge, even at 5:30am, but I managed to hit every passenger elevator on Royal Princess (except one, which was out of service), and take a picture of the motivational quotes. I know some of these had been posted before, but here are the ones I got today:

- You return from a trip, but not from a true journey

- It's not just where you look, it's what you see

- If a person has anything in them, travel will bring it out

- There are Seven Seas but infinite possibilities

- To find inspiration, look to the horizon

- Those that travel far know much

- The value of travel is the baggage you leave behind

- To see yourself, go out and see the world

- Whatever you pack, there's always room for memories

- Even the shortest journey expands the world

- A great voyage is a journey that never ends

- No matter what happens, travel gives you a story

- Measure the journey by the friends you discover

Say it isn't so :(. What will I have to look forward to reading on Sunday?

Thanks for taking us along :) I am looking forward to our cruise on the Regal next September even more :)

I have to agree with IECalCruiser, what am I going to do with my days when you get off the Royal ??!! Yeeks, I might have to clean my house, read a book, or get a life !

Thank you Dave and ALL the CC followers of this thread, you are all awesome !

Dave

Thanks so much for sharing your cruise experience. I’ll be boarding the ship tomorrow and looking forward to seeing all the things captured in your pictures. After booking the Royal I too was skeptical about going after reading all the negative comments and I have to agree with the others that because you took the time out of your vacation to share information/pictures I can’t wait to board.

Safe travels home.

Tanya

Enjoy your last day on board Dave. It's been fun following your adventures in dining. I am envious of all the variety available to people who do not restrict their diet. Actually Princess needs to up the game for vegetarians. It's getting pretty boring, and they can do a lot better.

I haven't yet written to Princess about their vegetarian offerings but I plan to.

Your pictures were just great.

We are vegetarians and I agree with everything you said.

When they first started the Chef's Table meals we called and asked if they'd make a vegetarian option but were turned down.

We don't even go to the Specialty restaurants much anymore since there are actually more things we can eat in the MDR.

I was really hoping the expanded buffet on the Royal would have more options for us. Sure hope so!

We are vegetarians and I agree with everything you said.

When they first started the Chef's Table meals we called and asked if they'd make a vegetarian option but were turned down.

We don't even go to the Specialty restaurants much anymore since there are actually more things we can eat in the MDR.

I was really hoping the expanded buffet on the Royal would have more options for us. Sure hope so!

On the Golden in October of 2009 there was a vegetarian at our CT and she was well accommodated with vegetarian appetizers and entire. She appeared to enjoy the meal as much as the others on the table. I know that was the rare exception.

I can see the Princess position regarding the CT however. If you make an exception for one dietary requirement, where do you stop? It could get quite complicated.

Our daughter is a lacto-ovo-vegetarian and went on her first cruise with us last June. She was able to find sufficient choices to eat but it appeared that a more restrictive vegetarian or vegan would have a more difficult time.

Just posing a soot question. Do you think there will be a soot problem for Rooms M712 and M714. Thanks for your help. We are booked in these rooms on a future cruise and wondering if we should move. Thanks for your help.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

On the Golden in October of 2009 there was a vegetarian at our CT and she was well accommodated with vegetarian appetizers and entire. She appeared to enjoy the meal as much as the others on the table. I know that was the rare exception.

I can see the Princess position regarding the CT however. If you make an exception for one dietary requirement, where do you stop? It could get quite complicated.

Our daughter is a lacto-ovo-vegetarian and went on her first cruise with us last June. She was able to find sufficient choices to eat but it appeared that a more restrictive vegetarian or vegan would have a more difficult time.

We had heard that they accommodated vegetarians and that's why we asked. It was a long time ago, when they first started it. I guess it was up to the individual chef on each ship.

I eat fish so it wasn't that restrictive but I DO understand why they don't want to start making special meals (although they're more than happy to do it for our regular meal in the MDR.)

It's a little frustrating not to be able to sample some of the wonderful offerings like the Wine Makers Dinner but I guess that leaves more $$$ for a nice bottle of wine at our own dinner. ;)

It was a fun challenge, even at 5:30am, but I managed to hit every passenger elevator on Royal Princess (except one, which was out of service), and take a picture of the motivational quotes. I know some of these had been posted before, but here are the ones I got today:

- You return from a trip, but not from a true journey

- It's not just where you look, it's what you see

- If a person has anything in them, travel will bring it out

- There are Seven Seas but infinite possibilities

- To find inspiration, look to the horizon

- Those that travel far know much

- The value of travel is the baggage you leave behind

- To see yourself, go out and see the world

- Whatever you pack, there's always room for memories

- Even the shortest journey expands the world

- A great voyage is a journey that never ends

- No matter what happens, travel gives you a story