Double standard dress code

Maybe. I just don't understand how, if you really are a doctor, how you could be so nasty to someone you don't know?

No offense intended but in Doc's defense, the whole thread seems to be tongue-in-cheek and you sounded a little cranky about it. Just sayin' :confused:

Maybe. I just don't understand how, if you really are a doctor, how you could be so nasty to someone you don't know?

Thanks, Karen! Hope you are blessed with remission like I have been! When you hear the "C" word it puts everything else in perspective. I will be praying for you! Hang in there girl! Many people with cancer live for many years now. It's not the death sentence it was a few years ago! We need to live life to the fullest as best we can!

Seriously? I was nasty? You seemed to have little tolerance for us 14 year olds having a little fun on this thread.

As for putting things into perspective, would you like to revisit the thread where you have such an issue with lazy people using homonyms incorrectly? I find that even more fascinating now.

I'm a cancer patient also and I have discovered the thing to do is to give grace, and to receive grace. It's a difficult time for us but personally, I find reading and dreaming about cruising is helping me through this horrendous time. I'm looking forward to Christmas. Heck, I'm looking forward to dinner! LOL

Hang in there, sweetheart. :) God bless you.

I hope you feeling well? Are you cruising this spring?

Seriously? I was nasty? You seemed to have little tolerance for us 14 year olds having a little fun on this thread.

As for putting things into perspective, would you like to revisit the thread where you have such an issue with lazy people using homonyms incorrectly? I find that even more fascinating now.

She has a problem with homonyms? So she ademits to being homophobic?? hmmm:rolleyes:

Nice to see all the people with perfect bodies posting about cellulite and overweight people needing to cover up. ;)

Not many of us look like we did when we were 18 :cool:

Alas, I digress, this post is supposed to be about dining room dress code double standards.

There ya go

During the 5 year dry spell in my dating life, more commonly known as my first marriage :)

It became commonplace to shave , tattoo, and/or pierce places not usually shaved , tattooed or pierced before.

Have to say it was quite interesting . *LOL*

Sure expanded the playing field for finding my second wife . :)

during the 5 year dry spell in my dating life, more commonly known as my first marriage :)

it became commonplace to shave , tattoo, and/or pierce places not usually shaved , tattooed or pierced before.

Have to say it was quite interesting . *lol*

sure expanded the playing field for finding my second wife . :)

tmi

The actual fine print of the RCCI dress policy only prohibits sleeveless shirts or tanks from the evening meal, not lunch or breakfast.

That said, the dining room Maitre'd's have their own policy which is to try and enforce the ban of such shirts.

Having spent most of my life training and eating to be in the best muscular condition I can be, I like wearing tanks or sleeveless and have worn them numerous times on RCCI ships ONLY after words and small arguments with the maitre'd's reminding them of what the policy really is.

Worldspan

133 cruises strong

Nice to see all the people with perfect bodies posting about cellulite and overweight people needing to cover up. ;)

Not many of us look like we did when we were 18 :cool:

Alas, I digress, this post is supposed to be about dining room dress code double standards.

Hey!

george-bush_1239113c.jpg

We can look like anyone we want on the internets. Miss me yet?

The actual fine print of the RCCI dress policy only prohibits sleeveless shirts or tanks from the evening meal, not lunch or breakfast.

That said, the dining room Maitre'd's have their own policy which is to try and enforce the ban of such shirts.

Having spent most of my life training and eating to be in the best muscular condition I can be, I like wearing tanks or sleeveless and have worn them numerous times on RCCI ships ONLY after words and small arguments with the maitre'd's reminding them of what the policy really is.

Worldspan

133 cruises strong

Oh, you big show off.:D Sounds like you would be one of the few who could "work" a Speedo.;):)

Oh, you big show off.:D Sounds like you would be one of the few who could "work" a Speedo.;):)

Like it or not, cruise ships have become havens for the morbidly obese. Want to know how "out of shape" Americans are, just take any cruise today. So many sadly running around on scooters if for no other reason than their extreme size.

Hit the Lido for breakast where plates are piled high with with donuts, waffles and sausage. All that food! Wonder why cruises are so popular today ?!

Let the honest truth be spoken!

Worldspan

133 cruises strong

Like it or not, cruise ships have become havens for the morbidly obese. Want to know how "out of shape" Americans are, just take any cruise today. So many sadly running around on scooters if for no other reason than their extreme size.

Hit the Lido for breakast where plates are piled high with with donuts, waffles and sausage. All that food! Wonder why cruises are so popular today ?!

Worldspan

133 cruises strong

Calm down, it was a compliment.

Yes, but at least those that I've seen have been carrying a diet Coke.

Worldspan

133 cruises strong

I know, right? Great business for me though. Eat up!!

I also find it amusing that many of these same people think if 2 molecules of tobacco smoke enter their airways they are going to instantly get lung cancer.

The power of denial continues to amaze.

Edited by DrD

I know, right? Great business for me though. Eat up!!

I also find it amusing that many of these same people think if 2 molecules of tobacco smoke enter their airways they are going to instantly get lung cancer.

The power of denial continues to amaze.

Try denying them a fourth donut and then you'll REALLY see the power of denial. Ever wonder what folks from other countries think of obese Americans?

Try denying them a fourth donut and then you'll REALLY see the power of denial. Ever wonder what folks from other countries think of obese Americans?

I don't know ...all the money, food, military aid, medicine, etc etc we send them, they should think we are pretty swell.