Making Diamond

PCWalton1

Congrats from us, too! We also just made Diamond after our last cruise. Can't wait for our Feb 2014 cruise aboard Navigator of the Seas first cruise after dry dock to celebrate my 50th birthday! Looking forward to trying out the Diamond lounge to see what all the fuss is about.

It was also nice to call in & have our balcony discount on the Oct 2014 Med cruise increased from the Emerald discount that was previously applied to the Diamond discount.

Who knows, maybe some day we may have the chance to meet in person in the DL & have a drink on RCI :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Congratulations! (and, yeah, it looks to me like you have sailed on lots of different ship classes to many different ports--and, more importantly, you are happy with your vacations, so I really can't imagine what the early poster is talking about saying you have been on basically the same cruise over and over again :confused: ).

I am cruising a B2B in 2015.Unless something changes we will go from Emerald to Diamond during the first cruise. I know it takes a while for the points to be processed but do we miss out on Diamond status for the second cruise?

Regards Elaine.

I am cruising a B2B in 2015.Unless something changes we will go from Emerald to Diamond during the first cruise. I know it takes a while for the points to be processed but do we miss out on Diamond status for the second cruise?

Regards Elaine.

The Loyalty Ambassador should be able to give you the Diamond perks (except for the higher balcony discount) on the second cruise. Visit the LA during the first cruise and mention your upcoming level change.

Edited by clarea

The Loyalty Ambassador should be able to give you the Diamond perks (except for the higher balcony discount) on the second cruise. Visit the LA during the first cruise and mention your upcoming level change.

Thanks for the info.

Elaine.

OP congratulations on earning Diamond level for your loyalty to Royal!!

We have been on a lot of cruises but have tried so many different lines that we are middle of the pack at best as far as our loyalty status is concerned.

My parents are Diamond with Royal, so Elite with X as well. They RAVE about the lounge, internet time and so many other perks that we have decided to commit to Royal until we get to Diamond, why not? Their ships are fantastic!!

Having tried 5 or 6 other mainstream lines, we can truly say that there are more similarities than differences between ALL of the lines.

(Don't really know what one particular poster is talking about other than trying to ruin someone else's joy....)

Edited by cruisenanny

Moving up through the C&A tiers, to us, was not that big of deal....

Being on a cruise now, is not that different C&A wise than our first cruise....

Nothing to get excited about...otherwise they have you....

Don't forget that as Diamond from 1st January you may get three drink vouchers per day [5 to 7 pm only] but not the DL, if the rumors are correct. ;)

As a Diamond member he will have access to the Diamond Lounge. The coupons are being given as a way to hopefully control the number of people trying to use the DL during the so called "Happy Hours". There is hope that by giving out these coupons to use at other bars onboard it will keep the DL from becoming overcrowded.

Regards Elaine.

We are in the same boat. Was told by RC to see the Ambassador on the first leg of our B2B and we will be Diamond on the second leg. They also said we would get an OBC for the diamond balcony discount we weren't able to appt when we booked. I hope they are right. I'll find out in a month.

We are in the same boat. Was told by RC to see the Ambassador on the first leg of our B2B and we will be Diamond on the second leg. They also said we would get an OBC for the diamond balcony discount we weren't able to appt when we booked. I hope they are right. I'll find out in a month.

That's a pretty good deal to get OBC for the balcony discount due to being on a B2B. I hope it works out. :)

As a Diamond member he will have access to the Diamond Lounge. The coupons are being given as a way to hopefully control the number of people trying to use the DL during the so called "Happy Hours". There is hope that by giving out these coupons to use at other bars onboard it will keep the DL from becoming overcrowded.

Our next cruise is in May on Explorer which unfortunately doesn't have a diamond lounge but they do hold a diamond event.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Our next cruise is in May on Explorer which unfortunately doesn't have a diamond lounge but they do hold a diamond event.

I'll take a wild guess that your Diamond Event might be in the Viking Crown. I've never been on the Explorer but I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

The post I replied to inferred that if you were on a ship with a Diamond Lounge you would not have access to it and in lieu of that you get drink coupons. As I undestand all Diamond members will get the coupons to use and still have DL access.

Edited by Eng23

Same here. Turning Emerald after the first leg of our B2B in December. We were told by RC to stop by guest services and hey would be able to give us the higher balcony discount for our second leg.

Congratulations Bill. I know it sounds strange but I prefer the event. I've yet to visit a DL or CL that had my brand.

I'll take a wild guess that your Diamond Event might be in the Viking Crown. I've never been on the Explorer but I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

The post I replied to inferred that if you were on a ship with a Diamond Lounge you woul not have access to it and in lieu of that you get drink coupons. As I undestand all Diamond members will get the coupons to use and still have DL access.

Has that been confirmed yet or is it still in the rumor stage?

Edited by Big_G

Same here. Turning Emerald after the first leg of our B2B in December. We were told by RC to stop by guest services and hey would be able to give us the higher balcony discount for our second leg.

Great. Maybe we will get it since they told both of us. Please post after your cruise and let me know.

Congratulations Bill. I know it sounds strange but I prefer the event. I've yet to visit a DL or CL that had my brand.

Has that been confirmed yet or is it still in the rumor stage?

It's not a rumor. That is how it is explained in an email I received from Royal Caribbean.

Congratulations ,We have been D for a while just did first cruise with D event been on a few with D lounge.Would make sure to cruise only on ships with D lounge.Personaly I only drink beer 25% was nice but it kept running through my head on almost every other ship in fleet,they where serving Ds free beer.Just seems off to me.