First sailing on Princess in 8 years...What's new?

rayison

We will be sailing on the Crown Princesss in January. Our last sailing on a Princess ship was the Golden in 2006. We have sailed on another line since that time. What will we experience now that sets Princess apart from other cruise lines? What are the "Must Do's" we should experience?

We will be sailing on the Crown Princesss in January. Our last sailing on a Princess ship was the Golden in 2006. We have sailed on another line since that time. What will we experience now that sets Princess apart from other cruise lines? What are the "Must Do's" we should experience?

Here are a few things which I think are new since 2006:

*International Cafe on Deck 5 in the Piazza (not certain if this feature was added to the Golden in 2006), Open 24 hours, Sweet rolls, Egg McMuffin type sandwiches for Breakfast, Panini's, soup, salads, desserts for lunch and into the evening, cheese, crackers etc overnight. No Charge. Entertainment mid afternoon and evening. This is a very good & popular location. *Coffee Card, "Enjoy 15 espresso-based hot or cold specialty coffee drinks with complimentary brewed coffee and premium tea for the duration of your cruise." $31 including tip. Unused punches can be saved and used on your next Princess voyage. Free coffee available as always in the buffet.*Unlimited fountain soda package. *The Cruise Personalizer, on line, complete all you info before you board. *Not new, but remember that on Princess when you board you go directly to your cabin. *Movies Under the Stars, *Some surcharge charge dining experiences like The Chef's table, Ultimate Balcony Dining, *shorter production shows, *The Sanctuary, an adults only lounging area, there is a charge, *Princess now enforces their wine policy. One 750ml bottle/pp over 21 can be boarded at no charge for use in your cabin, additional bottles are subject to a $15/bot corkage fee, and these bottles can be used about the ship. No spirits or beer.

Thanks everyone for the responses. It doesn't look like too much is different. We did not have Movies under the stars on the Grand at that time, so looking forward to that. The coffee card sounds like a great deal.

Does Princess do any special events around the Carribean theme? In the past we have had some fun outside events (planned by the cruise line) that celebrate the region we were in.

As we all like to say, is there really ever a bad cruise??? I think not...

Thanks again, Ray

I was going to say MUTS. I think that was put on the Golden, along with the International Cafe, during a renovation a few years after you were on it.

You might see some production shows you haven't seen back then.:rolleyes:;):D The shows are shorter, and sometimes done three times at night.

The Horizon Court is no longer 24/7, but the IC will be open all day/night.

Understand the others but what is a wine card. On CB in March and would like to know.
You get a punch card but it is called the wine package. It is only offered on cruises of 10 days or more and sometimes not on all of those. You buy a package of 7, 10 or 12 bottles of wine at a reduced price.

You get a punch card but it is called the wine package. It is only offered on cruises of 10 days or more and sometimes not on all of those. You buy a package of 7, 10 or 12 bottles of wine at a reduced price.

Understand. I'd heard of the wine package but had not heard that it was implemented through a punch card. Thanks.

BTW, Princess told me earlier this week that you could get it on seven day voyages. I understand what Princess says and what Princess ships do can differ.

Understand. I'd heard of the wine package but had not heard that it was implemented through a punch card. Thanks.

BTW, Princess told me earlier this week that you could get it on seven day voyages. I understand what Princess says and what Princess ships do can differ.

There have been posts that one or two ships did offer on 7 day cruises, but certainly not fleet wide.

What? No animal towels?? Say it isn't so! Always look forward to see what they come up with.:(

You MAY get them once or twice on a long(over 21 days) cruise and of course if you have children you will probably get some

The stewards are not being lazy they now have almost 50% more cabins to deal with in the same time and no longer have full time asistants

Edited by windsor26

You MAY get them once or twice on a long(over 21 days) cruise and of course if you have children you will probably get some

The stewards are not being lazy they now have almost 50% more cabins to deal with in the same time and no longer have full time asistants

Our daughter has always been on our Princess cruises with us,and we have never been left a towel animal. Not even when she was 5 or 7. Not a big deal, just stating this so people aren't disappointed.

Ray .... We are also going be on Crown for the 18th and 25th sailings. Since you're not on either of those roll calls, thinking you'll be cruising on the 11th. :confused:

LuLu

~~~~

Yes, we are on the 11th. We will take good care of her for you! Enjoy your cruises!!!