Equinox Gym Question

PMT51

I didn't see a rowing machine last week, or I would've used it. :p Yes to treadmills, ellipticals and bikes. Also a decent assortment of free weights and weight machines. I did find the center lacking in space to stretch or do some ab work when there was a class in session, but otherwise it was a nice small gym.

I am assuming the gym has treadmills, ellipticals, stationary bikes. Anyone know if there is a rowing machine in the gym on the equinox?

We just came of a trans atlantic from Barcelona to Fort Lauderdale and there are no rowing machines in the gym on the Equinox.

Edited by Chicago Boy

Sorry to hear this about the Equinox; my spouse is an indoor rower and likes to be able to get in some rowing time when we cruise.

OP, the only consolation I can offer you is that, in our experience at least, the rowing machines on cruise ships are very badly maintained. They are never oiled. On our recent TA aboard the Infinity, my spouse brought her own little bottle of chain oil and actually oiled the Concept 2 machine for them! When she spoke with one of the Celebrity staff in the gym about the need to oil the chain periodically, he was pretty nasty to her (as in, not my job lady).

The rowing machine was also crammed in between two treadmills and pretty unpleasant to use for that reason.

• 3 years later...

this thread is 3 years old. Anyone know if they've added a rower? We were on RCI Serenade and they had one, NCL Jewel and they had 2, Carnival Triumph had 2. They're less expensive and lower maintenance than treadmills, so I'm hoping they have one now.

edit: I found a video from July, 2015 and it clearly shows 2 rowers. I hope they're not too ragged out during our likely late July cruise....

Edited by jimbob22
found answer on the youtubes

:)Just off the Equinox in February 2017 and YES they had one rowing machine.

Thanks. I guess one got messed up and they removed it entirely. Weird that they'll have 10+ treadmills, 10+ ellipticals, but don't want to spend for more than one or two rowers...

Thanks. I guess one got messed up and they removed it entirely. Weird that they'll have 10+ treadmills, 10+ ellipticals, but don't want to spend for more than one or two rowers...

It has been my observation, the rower hardly gets used.

I usually like to go the gym on sea days between 2-4, it's usually empty.

It has been my observation, the rower hardly gets used.

I usually like to go the gym on sea days between 2-4, it's usually empty.

Shhhhhhh... let's not let the word get out. Kinda like the slow times at Disney World, which have gotten few and far between. If we talk about it, people will change their plans to go when things are less crowded. And then, they won't be less crowded.

• 2 weeks later...