Pay by weight.

It's not something I could see happening.

(Incremental) weight isn't an issue for ships - or trains, hence why bulk materials are taken by them. They're also similarly relaxed about luggage.

There wouldn't be any point, and it would just serve to annoy your customers in this case - and slow down the boarding process, which is also something they are not looking to do.

Just saw this article. http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-12-11/an-samoa-air27s-pay-by-weight-success/5149148

How would people feel about this coming to Cruise ships?

Or even weigh in when boarding and weighing in again when leaving and being charge an extra fee concerning gain or loss.:eek:

When I first started working at the OPT one of my first roles was doing the security photo when guests came aboard. We had a small mat which we got them to stand on to take the photo and it was quite funny the number of (and I am not being sexist) women that would look aghast at us and ask Why are you weighing me? I would often have a joke with them and tell them we would charge them extra if they ate a lot and put on too much weight on the cruise.:D I also used to tell them that the signs in the lifts were changed from "max capacity 15 persons" to "max capacity 12 persons" half way through the cruise.

Can just imagine people coming for the final weigh in and cutting of an arm or leg ( or both) to avoid the excess charge:D:D:D

When I first started working at the OPT one of my first roles was doing the security photo when guests came aboard. We had a small mat which we got them to stand on to take the photo and it was quite funny the number of (and I am not being sexist) women that would look aghast at us and ask Why are you weighing me? I would often have a joke with them and tell them we would charge them extra if they ate a lot and put on too much weight on the cruise.:D I also used to tell them that the signs in the lifts were changed from "max capacity 15 persons" to "max capacity 12 persons" half way through the cruise.

Can just imagine people coming for the final weigh in and cutting of an arm or leg ( or both) to avoid the excess charge:D:D:D

Yes, many embark as passengers and disembark as cargo, after many visits to the ship's buffet. I blame the big plates in the Horizon Court on Princess.

Can't see it ever coming to cruiseships -as there is really no need for it anyway.

BUT -- in the airline industry, I would LOVE to see it come in. I would also like to see seats of different sizes for different people - so that I don't have to put up any longer with obese people occupying their seat as well as half of mine!!!!!

Barry

Yes, many embark as passengers and disembark as cargo, after many visits to the ship's buffet. I blame the big plates in the Horizon Court on Princess.

What do you mean " visits" to the ships buffet....some never leave it:eek:

LOL, I can imagine people wearing excees clothes at the start of the cruise and then packing them in the bags so that they are lighter when leaving.:D

Can't see it ever coming to cruiseships -as there is really no need for it anyway.

BUT -- in the airline industry, I would LOVE to see it come in. I would also like to see seats of different sizes for different people - so that I don't have to put up any longer with obese people occupying their seat as well as half of mine!!!!!

Barry

Yes I hate that too.

I also hate it when someone complains when you start leaning on them when your tired.:eek:

What do you mean " visits" to the ships buffet....some never leave it:eek:

Maybe they will start charging in the buffet as well, timed visits, plates charged by weight (University Refectory style), use of the elevators to get there. :eek:

Lots of optional money spinners.:D

Barry

That is my pet hate. Why should i have to share my seat with someone who is obviously tooo big for their seat:mad:

Barry

My pet hate as well !

With all the issues Qantas is having at the moment maybe they should diverse and try some think like,

Qantas Lite .

The airline for under xxxkg passengers .

Cheers

Johhno.

My pet hate as well !

With all the issues Qantas is having at the moment maybe they should diverse and try some think like,

Qantas Lite .

The airline for under xxxkg passengers .

Cheers

Johhno.

The article is a combined weight (person and luggage) of 120Kgs. I think this is fine for me (90kgs) when taking only carry on luggage or even on the way to a cruise, but would really be tight on the way home again.:eek: