shareholder FAX problems

spunkie4

Is anyone, besides me, having problems FAXing the shareholder information?

Have tried since yesterday. If this keeps up, the amount of the shareholder will be just about the amount on my phone bill!

I am using 661-753-0180. Their macine picks up and then the call is disconnected.

Thanks for any input.

Shirley

A few days ago someone posted about similar problems. I faxed mine Monday or Tuesday and it went thru.

Thanks for responding. I will keep trying. However, if I am not successful by tomorrow, I will use snail mail and hope for the best.

Shirley

Thanks for responding. I will keep trying. However, if I am not successful by tomorrow, I will use snail mail and hope for the best.

Shirley

I sent it in snail mail and there was no trouble. I'm considering doing it again for my upcoming sailings.

I had a problem last month. Finally faxed it to my son's office and he forwarded it from there.

First thought it was US fax addresses that are causing the problem on my machine. Next time I'll try late at night or very early as I'm wondering if heavy daytime fax traffic is the reason. :(

Edited by cdnguy

Is anyone, besides me, having problems FAXing the shareholder information?

Have tried since yesterday. If this keeps up, the amount of the shareholder will be just about the amount on my phone bill!

I am using 661-753-0180. Their macine picks up and then the call is disconnected.

Thanks for any input.

Shirley

The fax number that you have is correct. I faxed our shareholder form this past Friday afternoon and yesterday (Wed.) I called them to see if they received it and they had. (I had read of others having trouble -- which is why I called them.) They were very nice and while we talked she entered the info. right onto my cruise personalizer page and then I made a copy to take on our cruise.

I would keep trying.

Donna

The fax number that you have is correct. I faxed our shareholder form this past Friday afternoon and yesterday (Wed.) I called them to see if they received it and they had. (I had read of others having trouble -- which is why I called them.) They were very nice and while we talked she entered the info. right onto my cruise personalizer page and then I made a copy to take on our cruise.

I would keep trying.

Donna

Must be nice. I faxed the request $ got a confirmation that the fax had gone through. A week later, nothing posted in the personalizer "onboard credits". Called Princess & spoke with a very nice CSR who contacted booking support while I was on the line and she said they told her nothing had come in & they suggested I fax it again while we were on the phone. I did. The CSR stayed on the line the whole time & when I told her I received the confirmation that the fax had gone through, she contacted booking support again and they claimed no fax had been received. I sent 2 more faxes and each time received a confirmation via the system that the fax had gone through. However, it still hasn't been posted to the account and Princess claims it never got there. So I'll be taking copies of the faxes I sent plus all of the confirmations to show to passenger services when we get onboard and hopefully we'll get the SHB then.

This is the first time I've had issues with booking support (other than them being a little slow at times) with them claiming that no faxes were received. I'm sure it's a glitch in the Princess system.

Remember how easy is used to be and what great service we received when this was handled by Liza McDaniel?

Edited by Crzn-Life

I sent mine in for 2 cruises on Monday. It is not posted yet. I think I will call them now just to check they have them. For my last cruise in November, the fax went through and I double checked that I called the right number but they did not have it.

Another poster had an issue a few days ago.

Not sure if this made a difference but I faxed paperwork over the weekend (non-business hours) and didn't have any problems.

Hope this helps,

Andrew :)

Just talked to Princess using the 800# on the Shareholder Benefit information pdf from carnival. She did not find my fax, but wasn't done looking. They are now finishing up requests from the 6th, and my fax was actually sent on the 9th. So if I don't have the credit by Tuesday, I will call them and re fax if necessary. She said they are processing a high amount of them right now. I mentioned that people were reporting problems getting through. They have someone looking into it but haven't found a problem at the moment.

I had problems from the fax machine at work. Our telephone system at work is via internet (VOIP). The Princess fax would pick up and apparently the cover page was going through but that was it. I could hear the screeching fax sound so I knew the connection was being made. My husband faxed from his office, which their machine is via a landline, and all pages transmitted. Wonder if VOIP is the cause of the problem. On a funny note, I guess after so many tries Princess got tired of receiving just the cover page from me that they emailed me and told me that they could not give me the credit without more documentation than provided on my cover page.

My FAX finally went through about five minutes ago! They will also receive the information via snail mail.

thanks to everyone for their input.

Shirley

That's what I'm doing. I faxed the information on second attempt this morning but I'll put it in an envelope. What's 46 cents?

I had problems from the fax machine at work. Our telephone system at work is via internet (VOIP). The Princess fax would pick up and apparently the cover page was going through but that was it. I could hear the screeching fax sound so I knew the connection was being made. My husband faxed from his office, which their machine is via a landline, and all pages transmitted. Wonder if VOIP is the cause of the problem. On a funny note, I guess after so many tries Princess got tired of receiving just the cover page from me that they emailed me and told me that they could not give me the credit without more documentation than provided on my cover page.

I think you have hit the nail on the head. We always had problems with our submissions while using the VOIP at home. Then hubby found IfaxPro and now we get through without any extra effort.

I do want to add one thing that weve recognized as a constant problem with faxing Princess' shareholder info even after successfully getting it through. The faxes just sit and collect in a pile. They are not acted upon or processed until you call them and tell them the date you sent it. It is only then that they will get up out of their chair and thumb through them, locate yours, and then apply it. I might be unfair in my assessment but this has been the case for every stock holder submission we made. Hope springs eternal.

After reading all these posts, I'm glad we elected to just make a copy of our recent statement, fill out the form and send it in by snail mail right after making final payment. I'm sure it's taken far less time than fooling around with faxing, and we've never had a problem. Good Luck everyone! I'ts well worth whatever time it takes!

Edited by Bucky3

I sailed on a Coastal on Dec. 1st and I rebooked for Jan. 24th to take advantage of the 100% credit. I called Princess and the CSR was able to get the sharehoder credit applied by phone because the sailing was within 2 months. The shareholder credit was in my personalizer immediately.

I sailed on a Coastal on Dec. 1st and I rebooked for Jan. 24th to take advantage of the 100% credit. I called Princess and the CSR was able to get the sharehoder credit applied by phone because the sailing was within 2 months. The shareholder credit was in my personalizer immediately.

Interesting! Didn't you have to send in proof of ownership? If not, how was that handled? I'd love to be able to just call in.

Interesting! Didn't you have to send in proof of ownership? If not, how was that handled? I'd love to be able to just call in.

You do have to send proof of ownership. It may be that the post you quote had already submitted the proof that covered this request