Table Clothes in the main dining room

Krazy Kruizers

Oh, and for the record my kitchen and dining room table are both solid wood. A white linen table cloth with matching napkins are used for the dining room table when we have company. We have wooden "placemats" on the kitchen table where my husband and I eat when we don't have company.

We truly enjoy and appreciate the tablecloths and cloth napkins. I don't think we have ever gone to the Lido for dinner.

Oh, and for the record my kitchen and dining room table are both solid wood. A white linen table cloth with matching napkins are used for the dining room table when we have company. We have wooden "placemats" on the kitchen table where my husband and I eat when we don't have company.

We truly enjoy and appreciate the tablecloths and cloth napkins. I don't think we have ever gone to the Lido for dinner.

IRRC the Lido uses table loathes for dinner too.

Carnival Glory. With the changes in place

Could very possibly be the open seating venue/floor. Usually it will be the lower floor of one of the dining rooms

Or the fact there are so many empty seats could be reflecting what guests think of the 'new look'.

They may have opted for a burger instead of that stark, cold, unattractive setting.

Why bother to dress and go out expecting a 'lovely evening'?

Cruise lines will start to realize there is a point when they have gone too far.

There are other choices. You can only diminish the product just so much when people stop wanting

the product.

Edited by sail7seas

I can't see how they can drop tablecloths in the MDR - most of the tabletops are raw plywood type material.:rolleyes:

Bingo! I was about to ask that question. Most restaurants have chipboard or hardboard table tops because they're durable and will be covered up anyway.

I wouldn't think HAL is any different.

I tried enlarging the photo but it gets blurry and I'm trying to figure out what the brown/white squares are at each place setting beside the napkin and cutlery. Does anyone who has sailed Carnival know what those square are?

Thanks.

Edited by sail7seas

I tried enlarging the photo but it gets blurry and I'm trying to figure out what the brown/white squares are at each place setting beside the napkin and cutlery. Does anyone who has sailed Carnival know what those square are?

Thanks.

From the full press release I believe it's a beverage menu

"Carnival Glory New Dining "

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1956362

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Recent posts on the "Carnival Glory New Dining" thread are saying they were served family style -- the side dishes were in large bowls to be passed around the table.

At first I thought it was a joking comment but they are absolutely serious and the way it's being done. :rolleyes:

LuLu

~~~~

Recent posts on the "Carnival Glory New Dining" thread are saying they were served family style -- the side dishes were in large bowls to be passed around the table.

At first I thought it was a joking comment but they are absolutely serious and the way it's being done. :rolleyes:

LuLu

~~~~

Groan...

That's terrific !

Lots of hands on the bowl and spoon just ripe for spreading Noro around the table. :)

Groan...

That's terrific !

Lots of hands on the bowl and spoon just ripe for spreading Noro around the table. :)

no different than the approach for sides with the new Pinnacle menu which you defended as being the way many other finer steakhouses do it in their establishments with a la carte sides...

And before you say there may be other people at the table not part of your party... that's by choice as you can have your own table for your group, and I'm sure they would accommodate if you prefer to keep sides within your group at a given table that has others as well

LuLu

~~~~

I'm sure I read somewhere in the last week that HAL will be offering "sharing sides". I don't recall if it was in a post on CC, or some of the HAL literature or emails. But I definitely saw it..... anyone else?