Crystal Blocks Under The Old Point System

bilyclub

I never got a crystal block and C & A stated this was because of the conversion to the new system. I was just wondering how many points under the old system did it take to get a block?

Ok, I'll be the first to ask......What's a crystal block? :confused:

Google is my friend:

Commemorative Milestone Gift (AKA Crystal Block)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A Commemorative Milestone Gift also known as Crystal Block, is supposed to be given to Crown and Anchor members. According to the June 1, 2010 enhanced benefits announcement, the gift is given ON the cruise that earns you your 20th CRUISE CREDIT. Another one is given on the cruise that earns you your CRUISE CREDIT number 30, 40, 50, etc.

The block is approximately 4" wide by 3" tall by 2" thick and weighs around 2#.

Here are a few photos of the blocks for reference purposes. It should have the ship name and likeness laser etched into the block.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1195482&page=3

So I had 19 points before the conversion. Sounds like I need to call the diamond desk...

Edited by bilyclub

Google is my friend:

Commemorative Milestone Gift (AKA Crystal Block)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A Commemorative Milestone Gift also known as Crystal Block, is supposed to be given to Crown and Anchor members. According to the June 1, 2010 enhanced benefits announcement, the gift is given ON the cruise that earns you your 20th CRUISE CREDIT. Another one is given on the cruise that earns you your CRUISE CREDIT number 30, 40, 50, etc.

The block is approximately 4" wide by 3" tall by 2" thick and weighs around 2#.

Here are a few photos of the blocks for reference purposes. It should have the ship name and likeness laser etched into the block.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1195482&page=3

So I had 19 points before the conversion. Sounds like I need to call the diamond desk...

I don't think it will do any good to call...I got caught in the conversion as well and was not able to get a block under the old system...

Ok, I'll be the first to ask......What's a crystal block? :confused:

IMGP0173.jpg

As stated above, blocks started at 30 cruise credits, and were given every 10 credits. However, some reported getting an Enchantment block at 20 cruise credits.

The magic number is 70 nights, which goes along with the 10 points under the old system. This doesn't happen automatically, at least in our case.

We got to 20 cruises on the first leg of a B2B , and I asked and got the block. the second leg, we received a second block in our room.

when we got to 210, on Oasis, we did not ask and got nothing.

We were on another B2B early this year. While the weather turned bad at home, we were able to stay on for another cruise, and we found we would pass the 28o nights, since we had been on the ship for 19 days already. Turned out, the system had already updated and the first half of the B2B had been credited. We did not know at the time, but we got the crystal.

DW went on a girls cruise after that , which really got us to 280, and received another block

When I first became aware of Crystal Blocks, I'm pretty sure that it was 30 old cruise points (1 point for cruise, plus 1 bonus point for Grand Suite or higher, plus one bonus point for 12 or more nights) for your first Block. Maybe a year BEFORE the conversion to the new night based cruise points they started giving Blocks commencing at 20 Cruises/Points. I had 19 old Cruise Points which were converted to 143 new night based points. Since Blocks were now handed out for passing 140 points, I skipped arriving at 20 Old Points and also never passed 140 points. However a visit to the LA on my "20th" cruise and a quick check by her of my record and I had a Crystal Block delivered to my room the next day.

Thom