New Brochures

thecruiserofships

Printing of brochures cost ALOT of money. I work in marketing, so I know what marketing materials cost. I'm not surew what type of brochure they are going with. My last Carnival brochure is actually a "book" (has the Carnival Holiday in it and most recent is the Dream), which I know is very costly to design and print. They spent tons of dough on those. If anything, they might go with the "pamphlet" style to cut costs. It will be interesting to see what they come out with...if anything at all for the public. I doubt very much they will come out with the former "booklet" style...I would be shocked if they did.

On a side note: I attended a AAA travel trade show last year. It was interesting to see all of the cruiseline booths...RCI's being the most "lavish"..colorful and flashy with all types of "gimmicks" to lure the crowd over...it was a gorgeous booth. Lots and Lots of brochures to take. NCL's was gorgeous too, and they had the same..lots of brochures and tiny giveaways for free to put in the tote bag. Then I looked over at Carnival's (cough cough) booth. All it was...was a small table with a red table cloth with Carnival logo. Hardly any pamphlets or materials were on the table...no small gadgets or giveaways (keychains, magnets, etc.) like all the others were doing. I had to laugh. Most of the crowd flocked to RCI's booth as they also had huge banners to advertise Oasis class ships.

Typical Carnival. LOL

Printing of brochures cost ALOT of money. I work in marketing, so I know what marketing materials cost. I'm not surew what type of brochure they are going with. My last Carnival brochure is actually a "book" (has the Carnival Holiday in it and most recent is the Dream), which I know is very costly to design and print. They spent tons of dough on those. If anything, they might go with the "pamphlet" style to cut costs. It will be interesting to see what they come out with...if anything at all for the public. I doubt very much they will come out with the former "booklet" style...I would be shocked if they did.

On a side note: I attended a AAA travel trade show last year. It was interesting to see all of the cruiseline booths...RCI's being the most "lavish"..colorful and flashy with all types of "gimmicks" to lure the crowd over...it was a gorgeous booth. Lots and Lots of brochures to take. NCL's was gorgeous too, and they had the same..lots of brochures and tiny giveaways for free to put in the tote bag. Then I looked over at Carnival's (cough cough) booth. All it was...was a small table with a red table cloth with Carnival logo. Hardly any pamphlets or materials were on the table...no small gadgets or giveaways (keychains, magnets, etc.) like all the others were doing. I had to laugh. Most of the crowd flocked to RCI's booth as they also had huge banners to advertise Oasis class ships.

Typical Carnival. LOL

Could it be that because Carnival Corp. is still recovering (financially) from incidents such as the Costa Concordia tragedy, the problems with the Carnival Triumph, and other problems, they can't spare any extra money for those "giveaways" that other cruise lines have to offer? I would guess that, given a choice, they'd rather keep their people employed than to spend extra money they don't have on pamphlets (that most people will just throw away), keychains, magnets, or whatever. In time, Carnival will recover, and just maybe we'll see some of those "freebies" being offered again.:cool:

Could it be that because Carnival Corp. is still recovering (financially) from incidents such as the Costa Concordia tragedy, the problems with the Carnival Triumph, and other problems, they can't spare any extra money for those "giveaways" that other cruise lines have to offer? I would guess that, given a choice, they'd rather keep their people employed than to spend extra money they don't have on pamphlets (that most people will just throw away), keychains, magnets, or whatever. In time, Carnival will recover, and just maybe we'll see some of those "freebies" being offered again.:cool:

CCL has the money. and Carnival Corp sure has heck as the money. But Carnival Corp isn't the one who would be giving away all the goodies at a trade show - that is CCL.

They are stupid not to have one for Carnival.

Carnival Corp. has the money to put out catalogs for Princess, HAL, Regents, Don't know about Costa.....

The first cruise on Carnival I ever took was from a catalog I looked at in a T.A's office..At Dillard's Dept Store in 2006. We had sailed on NCL and HAL and liked cruising. I picked up the catalog, flipped through it...realized that Carnival had a ship very close to us..The Glory in Port Canaveral. We sailed on it three times. This next time in March will be our fourth time on the Dream. We have been to Tampa for the Legend. The Fascination in Jax. Only went to S.Florida for three cruises on the Freedom to Panama..and a Trip to the S.Carribean on the Legend. Loved that cruise.

they made a lot of money off of us And that catalog......sold us. it is stupid not have one for Carnival. Cut all of those pins that get thrown away.....and put out a catalog for everyone.

I was in the local CAA office (AAA) in Calgary on the weekend, and they had them on a display. I just took one. :)

That did it. I am going to a Travel Agent's office today or tomorrow. If I can't have one, I will call Carnival and YELL

I like seeing the layout of the ship. I like reading all of the pages at the back. What is due when..what is refunded when.......what to wear on elegant night..I really do read every single word.

I love the pics in the front. seeing exactly where your cabin is and seeing it on TV or the Net is not the same.

Thanks for the information

That did it. I am going to a Travel Agent's office today or tomorrow. If I can't have one, I will call Carnival and YELL

I like seeing the layout of the ship. I like reading all of the pages at the back. What is due when..what is refunded when.......what to wear on elegant night..I really do read every single word.

I love the pics in the front. seeing exactly where your cabin is and seeing it on TV or the Net is not the same.

Thanks for the information

Have to agree the brochures are nice. Always pick some up onboard.

Typical Carnival. LOL

I had to laugh at that. I can't help but wonder how many people actually booked a cruise with a company that hands out goodies or one that the average person can afford.

Every go to a fair and wind up coming home with a bag full of junk that you'll never use but somebody was handing them out so you took them. "No, I don't need new windows but I'll take one of your ink pens or key chains or whatever you're giving out."