LIVE from Royal Princes. 12/22!

CruisinChris

Well it's been a long time since I've done a live from, but given the interest in royal p thought I would. I don't have the patience to be as detailed everyday as Dave it I will post as often as I can with my observations. I will also write a full review on return. I'm sliding out of chicago this morning ahead of ice and snow. The ice is expected here shortly after we take off at 8. I will be doing two nights precruise at the W on Fort Lauderdale beach. I've been staying at this hotel pretty often over the last 5 years or so. I will comment on my precruise activities too. So, for no, live from a very busy O'Hare airport!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Have a great time! We loved the Royal...just focus on the wonderful positives of this lovely ship and the many things it has to offer, just like Dave did.

Christmas cruises are always such a challenge for the staff,especially In the MDR, with all of the children and extended families on board, and in many cases ship sailing at capacity.

Bon voyage!

I saw this thread and thought. No, the cruise isn't for two days so it is true, I missed the flight!

Woke up to a phone call at 5:55 saying schools were closed. We are suppose to head to Milwaukee this afternoon and then have a flight tomorrow afternoon but not sure if we will make it. Our driveway is all ice and I have to take one of the cats to the kennel and their road probably won't even be sanded and the sleet/ice is suppose to continue into the evening. On top of this, we are suppose to be hit by a big storm tomorrow afternoon.

Safe travels to everyone. Just go with the flow - we missed a cruise years ago on Christmas day and at least we have a port the second day so we can always fly to the Bahamas and get on.

Have so much fun! I wish it was two weeks ago and I was leaving again! My one comment would be (if you like the production shows) is to make sure you see all three, as they are not offered on any other ship. I only made it to one (Spectacular) and it was really good.

Well, I made it to FLL! Flight was delayed an hour due to a maintenance issue requiring them to manually a measure the amount of fuel in the tanks. Given the weather this morning, with temps dropping below freezing while we were sitting at the gate, I was slightly nervous and just wanted to get in the air! I guess the baby who cries the whole way felt the same haha! The traffic around the airport was horrible but I made it to the w in one piece! I've checked in and am now sitting outside looking at the rolling surf (it's pretty windy), enjoying my first vacation mojo to. Ahhh. There were a couple HAL shops in port today, a Celebrity ship, and a Seabourn. In a little while the sail away parade will start and I can snap some pix before my sister arrives!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Well' date=' I made it to FLL! Flight was delayed an hour due to a maintenance issue requiring them to manually a measure the amount of fuel in the tanks. Given the weather this morning, with temps dropping below freezing while we were sitting at the gate, I was slightly nervous and just wanted to get in the air! I guess the baby who cries the whole way felt the same haha! The traffic around the airport was horrible but I made it to the w in one piece! I've checked in and am now sitting outside looking at the rolling surf (it's pretty windy), enjoying my first vacation mojo to. Ahhh. There were a couple HAL shops in port today, a Celebrity ship, and a Seabourn. In a little while the sail away parade will start and I can snap some pix before my sister arrives!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app[/quote']Glad you made it, now sit back relax and enjoy:)

Chris,

glad you only had a hour delay. We woke up to ice covering everything. Schools were all closed around Madison and they had flight delays We had a miserable drive to Milwaukee - ice/rain/sleet. Had dinner and now we are just chilling in our room with a couple drinks. We have a nonstop flight tomorrow at 3:15 so we can relax in the morning and NO alarm needed. We are suppose to get 9 or 10 inches of snow so we are hoping it holds off until we are gone.

Need to pick up a couple bottles of wine and some no caffeine pepsi before we board the ship. Does anyone know how long Total Wines is open on Saturday night or what time they open on Sunday??

Now, I am just hoping that there will not be any soot on our balcony - keeping fingers crossed.

Safe travels everyone.

Sandy

Have a wonderful cruise. We, along with Dave, are still going through withdrawal, and hubby's and my cruise was a month ago.

I know we'll all be looking forward to hearing how you much you enjoy the ship, And, you'll mostly discover your own treasures and special places.

Take care, and Bon Voyage!! Have a great Christmas week!!

Lynne

Hope you have a great cruise! Been going through withdrawals myself. ;)

Enjoy every moment!!! :D

Dave, we got off the Royal end of October and I'm still having withdrawals. It's one of the reasons I loved your Live thread, just one reason...there are many more.

Have a wonderful cruise, Chris.

Our last night in Vegas!

Tomorrow night we leave for our flight to Ft Lauderdale with a changeover of planes in Atlanta. I'm worried about delays but hoping it will all flow and and we will arrive in Fort Lauderdale Sunday morning then head to the Port.

Can't wait to being onboard but enjoying our time here in Vegas x

Happy Holidays everyone!

Cheers Danni

Hiya!

I'm glad you're doing a live from. My friends Dwight and Celeste (ikea) are going on this cruise. I picked them up last night at fll, their flight from sfo was also delayed over an hour. But all is well and today I'm taking them to las olas and beach place. ;)

Hope you guys have a wonderful cruise.....

PS: Hi good Sandy :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T217A using Forums mobile app

Hi Wendy,

Loved reading your LIVE. I bet you were up late with ikea telling them all about the ship. It is so neat meeting people on cruises and staying good friends with them. And exciting recognizing names from past cruises :D. Have a wonderful holiday.

Dietemann,

My son thought they opened late and I guess he was right -thanks for letting us know. We could skip it but I like my wine on the balcony before dinner. The weather in the middle of the country does not look very nice. I think it could be a "keep your seatbelts fastened" ride. OH well, will just play on the computer or read a book. Doesn't pay to get worked up. We had a five hour delay last cruise and it wasn't that.

Safe travels everyone. See you tomorrow.

Sandy